Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Bacon to Dakar
L21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #1802
elmi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Happy Birthday, Bacon Thank you for all your pics and adventures at least five years on the road!

Hope we will see us again sometimes...

So continue showing us the world from your point of view little porker

greetings
Elke&Michael
elmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #1803
Jim pedley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
[QUOTE=GazzaFish;5756453]It was an early start for bacon on day 1. Bacon and I left my house at 5:50am.. I tried to talk bacon into riding in my tank bag but he wouldn't hear of it so I strapped him safely onto my rear rack. Bacon was wrapped.

Bacons first day riding !! Was he trying to tell us something ??????
Happy birthday
Jim pedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #1804
MikJogg
Weekend Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
One day late,but happy birthday Bacon

Hope to see another five years of adventuring round the world!

MJ

(Und hallo Elke-Michael,gruß ins Allgäu )

...and winter
MikJogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #1805
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,374
Alles gute zum Geburtstag Bacon! :o) Even if it's a little late.
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #1806
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
[QUOTE=Jim pedley;20121549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaFish View Post
It was an early start for bacon on day 1. Bacon and I left my house at 5:50am.. I tried to talk bacon into riding in my tank bag but he wouldn't hear of it so I strapped him safely onto my rear rack. Bacon was wrapped.

Bacons first day riding !! Was he trying to tell us something ??????
Happy birthday
I'd like to thank ABSOLUTELY everyone for their help with Bacon's travels. I NEVER imagined he'd still be travelling after all this time. I could only ever dream of seeing the things Bacon has seen...

I was originally hoping he would survive 12 months but in true advrider style, he has exceeded everyone's expectations..

Happy belated birthday Bacon and may your riding so far be only the beginning,

As for mailing Bacon.. let's not get too hung up on things guys.. I'm happy for Bacon to be mailed as long as it can be tracked. I.e. registered post or something... A year or so back, bacon got mailed and he was missing in action for over a month and we had no way of finding him. As long as we track him,mail away.. be BLOODY awesome if bacon got to go to Dakar!!!!!!
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #1807
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,935
Thanks for starting this. I have been looking forward to getting a chance to show him around my space for some time :)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #1808
FreeHugger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Put me on the list

I live in SE Iowa and noticed there is no one signed up for Iowa yet. Bacon will feel right at home here amongst the other swine. Id love to show him around if he ever makes it this way.

2005 R1200GS

o-?o
FreeHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #1809
canadius_maximus
Quaere verum - Seek truth

Oddometer: 533
Hello all,

Sorry for the late response - life getting in the way of plans. I've had a couple of folks reach out to try and keep him in North America for a bit longer, where he's not been much. I am quite disappointed that no BC/AB, PNW type spoke up for a handover (gunnerbuck excepted, though I was travelling at the time, and couldn't have connected up for the ride in question).

If the Dakar ride option was not in play, I'd happily post him over to Towpro, who has offered to take him (by mail) and be done with this. In light of the Dakar scenario, if put to a vote, I think most ADVers would enjoy this rare opportunity for Bacon. The rest of Canada and/or the US will still be here after the Dakar - and so my decision is to post him (registered mail) to JimP and let him carry on.

I'll likely not get a chance to do so until this Saturday - again, doing the best I can under the circumstances. Thanks to all past Bacon hosts.

Ride on,

Daniel

KTM 690 R Rally Raid Evo 1 (and 2) Kit Build for Dummies
canadius_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #1810
GazzaFish OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadius_maximus View Post
Hello all,

Sorry for the late response - life getting in the way of plans. I've had a couple of folks reach out to try and keep him in North America for a bit longer, where he's not been much. I am quite disappointed that no BC/AB, PNW type spoke up for a handover (gunnerbuck excepted, though I was travelling at the time, and couldn't have connected up for the ride in question).

If the Dakar ride option was not in play, I'd happily post him over to Towpro, who has offered to take him (by mail) and be done with this. In light of the Dakar scenario, if put to a vote, I think most ADVers would enjoy this rare opportunity for Bacon. The rest of Canada and/or the US will still be here after the Dakar - and so my decision is to post him (registered mail) to JimP and let him carry on.

I'll likely not get a chance to do so until this Saturday - again, doing the best I can under the circumstances. Thanks to all past Bacon hosts.

Ride on,

Daniel
Sounds good to me
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #1811
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadius_maximus View Post
Hello all,

Ride on,

Daniel
God stuff Daniel. Hope things work out for you and your family in the near future.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #1812
canadius_maximus
Quaere verum - Seek truth

Oddometer: 533
Ok - Bacon's getting sealed up for delivery tomorrow. JimP - got your PM - but need your address in the UK ASAP!

Dug up some old photos that I thought were lost. I forgot to add in his diary the Oct 7 2012 Toy Run - an annual charity event. Literally thousands upon thousands of bikes, mostly Harleys. But the Hawg/Hog/Toy/Good Cause tangent was too good to pass up, so we went along.

Since Mrs CM took most of the pictures, we had to make sure there was at least a couple of her ...

A last shot of Bacon and the girls ....

And the last shot in Vancouver - Bacon's picked up some kit whilst here - including a pin, and a scoot (gift from the girls).

Ride on, little one!

Daniel

KTM 690 R Rally Raid Evo 1 (and 2) Kit Build for Dummies
canadius_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #1813
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,379
Cool, cool.
Glad he's heading back out.
Hope everything works out with you and the family Canadius.
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #1814
Jim pedley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Just sent c/m my address so he can forward bacon back to the uk and il sort out with pebble35 if he can still manage to get bacon on the Dakar ?? (Fingers crossed) thanks for looking after him c/m and great photos all the best for you and your family !!!!
Jim pedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #1815
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim pedley View Post
Just sent c/m my address so he can forward bacon back to the uk and il sort out with pebble35 if he can still manage to get bacon on the Dakar ?? (Fingers crossed) thanks for looking after him c/m and great photos all the best for you and your family !!!!
Working on two options here -one is the 'South American' Dakar which may not happen - the rider may have enough on his plate without our little porker tagging along.

The other is looking a bit more likely and that is for him to tag along on the Transcontinental rally running from Spain to Dakar. Fingers crossed !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote