Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #136
DelicateLittleFlower
WooooHooooo!!!!!

Oddometer: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by teranfon
If you like, I can inquire at my Canadian dealer where I bought my '08 Varadero. The manual may be for the current model year, but should be close enough for what you need.

Terry

My Canadian spec Varadero. Love it!
I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

My '07

I am interested in other tire options than what came stock but am afraid to open a 'tire thread' - you know, how folks ride vs. what tire, why the do (or don't) like certain tires.

I'm thinking about some knobbies!

DelicateLittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #137
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
If you like, I can inquire at my Canadian dealer where I bought my '08 Varadero. The manual may be for the current model year, but should be close enough for what you need.

Terry

My Canadian spec Varadero. Love it!
No centerstand?
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #138
varaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
No problem DLF. Just to be clear, you are looking for a shop manual and not an owner's manual? Nice looking bike!

Which manufacturer did you go with for the racks, crashbars, and centerstand?

Rick West:
Nope, and I have no idea why. Any adventure bike should come factory equipped with a centerstand.

Terry
varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #139
KarateBadger
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
No problem DLF. Just to be clear, you are looking for a shop manual and not an owner's manual? Nice looking bike!

Which manufacturer did you go with for the racks, crashbars, and centerstand?

Terry
Hi, Terry--[I'm DLF's "much better half", she says ]

The crashbars are Givi, as are the racks. The Varadero international site has lots more information on accessories for this breed.

If you decide to go for Givi crashbars, make sure it's the latest design. Some who have earlier versions of the crashbars have noted wearing of the rear brakeline. The later design has corrected this, at least for the '07. We understand that Givi actually changed the design some time in 2007.

And yes, it is the Service Manual we need. We have an owner's manual (in 3 languages!). Since I'm generally in charge of accessorizing, I get to learn what is connected (or not) to what, and the sequence of removal of things, along with other tricks-of-the-trade.

Best,

Land of Disenchantment

08KLR650
08R1200GSAdv

Every ride is an adventure, no matter what.
KarateBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #140
varaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
Hi KarateBadger

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of trying the SW-Motech racks as they seem to offer a little more flexibility. I heard the earlier GIVI crashbars also clipped the front fender as well. The amount of European accessories for these bikes are amazing.

I'll be visiting my dealer within the week or so, and I'll enquire about a shop manual. I agree it's a good idea to have one on hand.

Terry
varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #141
stege
Wonderer

Oddometer: 287
Guys, can you please tell me where can I find a history of varadero 1000? I need to know the differences between various models. Thank you!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #142
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Varadero Honda original workshop manual available from Honda dealer. Not that cheap, but well detailed. At least in UK and in Belgium that's is.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #143
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,766
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stege
Guys, can you please tell me where can I find a history of varadero 1000? I need to know the differences between various models. Thank you!
All the news that's fit to print is here

http://users.bart.nl/~stikfort/new_i...site/index.htm
Old 09-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #144
Erase
Missouri

Oddometer: 33
Can we go to Cananda and purchase the Honda Varadero 1000 and drive it back into the states without any problems? Will there be any promblems with our DMV?
Erase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #145
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erase
Can we go to Cananda and purchase the Honda Varadero 1000 and drive it back into the states without any problems? Will there be any promblems with our DMV?
If you could get it across the border, and I am not convinced it would be easy, you'd have no warranty at your friendly neighborhood Honda Dealer. If American Honda doesn't get a clue soon, I may be forced to look into this option more seriously. I know on the car side, dealers were bringing Canadian market vehicles over here a few years ago, for certain hot selling models. (Odysseys and CRVs) Those dealers then had to honor the warranty on thier own, without AHM support. This proved to be a costly proposition, so, this practice seems to have largely stopped.

I was told the paper work to get the vehicles imported wasn't a big issue for the dealers, but it may be more of a problem now? I also have heard from a Canadian Power Source dealer in Ontario that there aren't a lot of Varaderos to go around for this year, but MAYBE next year there will be more.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300
mchester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #146
DelicateLittleFlower
WooooHooooo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Varadero Honda original workshop manual available from Honda dealer. Not that cheap, but well detailed. At least in UK and in Belgium that's is.
Thanks, but I am in New Mexico (US). The only manual available is for the 1999-2000 model, year, and is coupled with the Superhawk (FireStorm) 1997-2000 model year.

I have a 2007 Varadero.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #147
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
you misunderstood a bit. Manual you mention is aftermarket, it is Haynes manual - it has nothing to do with original Honda workshop manual for Honda dealers, e.g. mechanics. I know that for sure, I have both Haynes coupled for 2 bikes and original Honda workshop manual for VTR. I saw original Varadero manual when one of my friend brought his Vara for little repair to me. All you need to do is to contact any more-less good Honda dealer in UK and buy manual from them and pay for postage.
I can recommend you this company, they are brilliant supplier of anything Honda and ship worldwide.
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk

or just read this
http://www.varaderoforum.com/cgi-bin...num=1147190936

bluesman screwed with this post 09-12-2008 at 01:54 AM
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #148
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
I've got the workshop manual available as PDF, both the MK2 non ABS as the MK2 ABS. Just drop me an e-mail; it is a rather large file 2be emailed... so I do hope you don't have any restrictions on receiving file sizes...

(varaderointerntional (AT) gmail.com)

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #149
DelicateLittleFlower
WooooHooooo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs
I've got the workshop manual available as PDF, both the MK2 non ABS as the MK2 ABS. Just drop me an e-mail; it is a rather large file 2be emailed... so I do hope you don't have any restrictions on receiving file sizes...

(varaderointerntional (AT) gmail.com)
Message sent!

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #150
TCBronson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
2009 Honda motor cycle announcement

It's my understanding that the week of October 7th Honda will announce the 2009 models.
TCBronson is offline   Reply With Quote