Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1411
cgoakley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
k60

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandesiro View Post

Tell me about the K60.....

Is the first time that you have those tyres on dero?

Whats your opinion about the tire on tarmac,gravel??

I am one step before order those tyres.....Waiting for an answer......

Whats the price you got it???
just installed them! winter in Canada! i've ran tkc,anakee2,shinko705,! i'll let you know as soon as get the bike out for a burn! i paid 333$ Canadian for both!
cgoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #1412
cgoakley
Adventurer

k60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily View Post
Some info on the K60 here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716205

Interested in hearing some more as well
i paid 333$ canadian for both! i'll try them in loose gravel in the spring! if there good i'll stick with them! if there bad! i'll run tkc80 front and back ! but they're speed rating is higher than the tkc! 195km! which i like to do sometimes! cheers!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #1413
davidgibson999
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoakley View Post
yep! givi and mra!
Thanks for that.
Might give the Calsci a shot.
davidgibson999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #1414
zandesiro
In rust we trust....

Oddometer: 795
Thumb

Quote:
just installed them! winter in Canada! i've ran tkc,anakee2,shinko705,! i'll let you know as soon as get the bike out for a burn! i paid 333$ Canadian for both!
Thanks!!!
zandesiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #1415
cgoakley
Adventurer

k60

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandesiro View Post
Thanks!!!
got out for a rip today! very good at 160 km! not like the tkc 80. did one loose gravel road, and didnt notice any dif from the tkc. so far so good.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #1416
davidgibson999
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
got out for a rip today! very good at 160 km! not like the tkc 80. did one loose gravel road, and didnt notice any dif from the tkc. so far so good.
Is your Calsci screen medium or large?
And do you have it in the high or low setting?
Thanks
David
davidgibson999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #1417
cgoakley
Adventurer

It's a large on the high setting, might have to put it on the low setting being 5 foot 6! lol
Old 02-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #1418
swaino
08 FLHT

Oddometer: 39
Varadero

After a bit of advice, i am considering buying a 2008/09 varadero and i see from this tread that they are fairly well regarded on here. Can you please give me the good, the bad and the ugly ( riding in all conditions, fuel econ, rider comfort, value over other big bikes etc) thanks in advance. PS i have flicked thru these pages but there is just so many of them.
swaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #1419
varaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
Hi Swaino

I can only give you my thoughts based on three years of owning a three year old Varadero, purchased new in 2008. The Varadero is a very large, rather heavy, all road machine. It feels quite top heavy while stationary, but immediately lightens up when on the move. I find it an excellent highway machine that gobbles up Canadian highways with ease, and does very well on rough, pot holed back roads. I don't think it's much of an off road machine, but no worse than the 1200 GS I road for a year earlier. Interesting, I have found that many Varadero riders either came from a GS or a 'Strom. Many would argue that it does fine off road, but they're perhaps much braver and capable of souls than I am. At a touch over 600 pounds wet and of a huge size, it's size and weight would deter most people from ever going past a rough road with one.

That being said, what it does it does very well. The big twin is an absolute torque monster and surprisingly very refined at upper rpms. The bike is very smooth and the overall build quality is phenomenal. I also love the linked ABS brakes. They work extremely well without any drama whatsoever. MIne has been gobbling up Canadian highways and back roads without any drama. Nothing has failed and the bike always brings a smile to my face.

My only real dislike has been the seat, although most others find it fine. To me it is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever ridden on. And I have KLRs!:) Another dislike is the weird fuel countdown for the fuel gauge. Give me a proper fuel gauge instead.

So for all around touring with lots of rough road riding and pot holed highways, it's a great choice. Smooth, refined, and as reliable as a wood stove, it's a great travel companion. If I were to ride anything past a rough road or cutline however, I would look at the Yami S10 instead.
varaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #1420
cgoakley
Adventurer

2008 varadero

I've had my varadero 2 years now! over 30 000 km! Idid the kvr in bc Canada, 4 days of off road. My bike was the heaviest and largest! but it took a beating for 4 days! Being 5 foot 6 its challenge some times because of the height of the bike. but all in all its been the best bike ive ever had. Well i think i got her set up great now for long hauls! only bad thing i have to say is it likes rear brakes! since i ride alot of dirt roads and on the rear brake! I'm on my 3 rd set of rear pads, just over 30 000 km! i just mounted a set of k60 scouts! got 200 km on them so far,they're great! i like speed so i was trying to find the best all around tire. I like the tkc80 ! but the bike gets a like sketchy at a 160km per hour, and its only rated to 140km\hour. so far i think ive fouund my tire! cheers!
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #1421
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaino View Post
After a bit of advice, i am considering buying a 2008/09 varadero and i see from this tread that they are fairly well regarded on here. Can you please give me the good, the bad and the ugly ( riding in all conditions, fuel econ, rider comfort, value over other big bikes etc) thanks in advance. PS i have flicked thru these pages but there is just so many of them.
Swaino:

Have a look here:
www.varadero-international.com

At the Forum's archive there is a lot of information regarding warranty issieus, technical stuff, etc. The archive is accesible via the oval logo in the right upper corner of the Forum.

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #1422
cgoakley
Adventurer

k60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily View Post
Some info on the K60 here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716205

Interested in hearing some more as well
Got 250 km on the new k60 scout! Loose gravel i didnt notice a dif from the tkc. the ride is smoother than then tkc. the tire handled very well at 2 degrees cel. Took the bike up too 180 km per hour, very stable. So for 330$ canadian for a set. i'm liking them so far! and no leaks so far!!! the final test is milage! If i can get over 12 000 km on the rear tire! i'm sold.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #1423
katian
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Holy crap

Just changed the air filter on my Varadero. They could have made that easier.
katian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #1424
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by katian View Post
That’s one of the main reasons why I changed the stock filter for K&N... ;)
Please beware!!! Placing the fuel tank back, double check the air drain / ventilation hoses - if they are jammed by replacing the tank, you can have serious damage (fuel tank denting by strong vacuum)

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #1425
Transitwally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by katian View Post
Just changed mine also. Does anyone know the purpose of the restrictor flap controlled by a vacuum soleniod, at the front of the filter?
Transitwally is offline   Reply With Quote