ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #331
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodweiser
ok ok i get it.

Although, I never realized how much the quota looks like a lm1000. I don't know how to feel about that.
It's a Guzzi. Feel GOOD about it!
__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #332
farmer fred
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Oddometer: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodweiser
ok ok i get it.

Although, I never realized how much the quota looks like a lm1000. I don't know how to feel about that.
I have owned both. There's not very much at all alike in their riding characters.
farmer fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #333
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,319
So what, for example, is a clean 1981 G5 with 17k miles on it worth?

yes, this is idle dreaming. But I need to get some numbers in my head for when the time might come.
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #334
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knary
So what, for example, is a clean 1981 G5 with 17k miles on it worth?

yes, this is idle dreaming. But I need to get some numbers in my head for when the time might come.

On the east coast <$2000 -$2900 depending on condition.

Might get more on the west coast.
__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #335
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayR
On the east coast <$2000 -$2900 depending on condition.

Might get more on the west coast.


http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/1931192643.html

$3600
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #336
MZRider
Neo-Luddite
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Western MD
Oddometer: 609
I'm a Convert pervert (for a while)

Bought this nice '75 Convert for $875 a few weeks ago and have been working on whipping it back into shape. It was last ridden in '04, so it needed a little work to run. Just the usual, carb cleaning, tank flushing, oil/lube/filter changes. Now starts instantly and runs strong. Just put the missing tank and sidecover badges back on last night, laid on some white pinstriping to break up the black a bit too. No long rides yet as only the right front (hand lever) brake is operable. Need to rebuild the complete brake system(s) and replace the transmission fluid hoses, then it'll be ready for the open road.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Charlie
http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com
'69 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador,
'77 Yamaha XT500, '91 ATK 604
'94 MZ Silver Star, '96 CCM 350
MZRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #337
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
Nice score Charlie! You got a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZRider
Bought this nice '75 Convert for $875 a few weeks ago and have been working on whipping it back into shape. It was last ridden in '04, so it needed a little work to run. Just the usual, carb cleaning, tank flushing, oil/lube/filter changes. Now starts instantly and runs strong. Just put the missing tank and sidecover badges back on last night, laid on some white pinstriping to break up the black a bit too. No long rides yet as only the right front (hand lever) brake is operable. Need to rebuild the complete brake system(s) and replace the transmission fluid hoses, then it'll be ready for the open road.
__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #338
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward
 
radguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: North East USA
Oddometer: 5,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZRider
Bought this nice '75 Convert for $875 a few weeks ago and have been working on whipping it back into shape.
Hey Charlie,
Check your VIN and tell me how close we are with your 'Vert and the G5 I just brought home..

VG 201932... Sept 1978 build for model year 1979....

Lookin' good.

Rob

Oh, and just for the record... I too have owned both and I agree with the LeMans on the MSF cover, even the heat deflector on the mid pipe is there.

Cool stuff...
__________________
________________________
Guzzis and Others...

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #339
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
Thread hi-jack ON: Hey Rob! See ya at the Giro in two weeks. Thread hi-jack
OFF.................continue as you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radguzzi
Hey Charlie,
Check your VIN and tell me how close we are with your 'Vert and the G5 I just brought home..

VG 201932... Sept 1978 build for model year 1979....

Lookin' good.

Rob

Oh, and just for the record... I too have owned both and I agree with the LeMans on the MSF cover, even the heat deflector on the mid pipe is there.

Cool stuff...
__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #340
MZRider
Neo-Luddite
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Western MD
Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by radguzzi
Hey Charlie,
Check your VIN and tell me how close we are with your 'Vert and the G5 I just brought home..

VG 201932... Sept 1978 build for model year 1979....

Cool stuff...
My frame number is VG11313, engine number is VG130409. The VIN tag doesn't say what month it was built, only "1975". Strangely enough the tag is in Italian and German not English.
__________________
Charlie
http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com
'69 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador,
'77 Yamaha XT500, '91 ATK 604
'94 MZ Silver Star, '96 CCM 350
MZRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #341
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward
 
radguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: North East USA
Oddometer: 5,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZRider
My frame number is VG11313, engine number is VG130409. The VIN tag doesn't say what month it was built, only "1975". Strangely enough the tag is in Italian and German not English.

My numbers match... In that yours is a 1975 I would not expect to see them very close together, I had no idea what year yours was... Just curious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayR
Thread hi-jack ON: Hey Rob! See ya at the Giro in two weeks. Thread hi-jack
OFF.................continue as you were.
That's just a minor drift, not a Hi-Jack... Not sure if I'm gonna nmake it slayer... Are you ready...?


The B-25 is not...
__________________
________________________
Guzzis and Others...

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #342
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
That's just a minor drift, not a Hi-Jack... Not sure if I'm gonna nmake it slayer... Are you ready...?


The B-25 is not...
[/QUOTE]

Bummer on the B-25.

CB77 is as ready as it's rider .
__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #343
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
Just a few miles from my home........

Crappy picture but I had to take it.

__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #344
2muchtime
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 29
Awesome thread !!! Here is my winter project : http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/w...i/IMG_1364.jpg
2muchtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #345
deerslayR
Spodely Adventurer
 
deerslayR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Sands of South Jersey
Oddometer: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Awesome thread !!! Here is my winter project
Nice patina.

Welcome to the asylum.
__________________
AMA 'MOA
ECEA 'RA
ARRA DHMC

TCSMC: teamhammer.org

"I'm a choker!" ask me how

"They're ALL dirt bikes.....some work better than others"-----Harley Huey
deerslayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014