ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #721
Itchykawa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Itchykawa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Apalachia
Oddometer: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafflink View Post
I'm looking for guidance.
Thanks.
Eat? A lot of beanie weinies.

I need to ride with some of you on this forum more often.
__________________
I spent most of my fortune on bikes and women... the rest I just wasted.
Itchykawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #722
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon
 
Stromdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Oddometer: 2,703
[QUOTE=stilldointime;15434294]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzo View Post
an old favorite...........i may have posted it before, but damn it was good on this cold wet night:



Nice wiener!!
No charge for the gas, too.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #723
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon
 
Stromdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Oddometer: 2,703
Damn! Looks like some of you guys eat better on the road, than I do at home.
I've got to get my wife to some cooking classes.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #724
Oldrice
oldrice.com
 
Oldrice's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Detroit - East Side
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpul View Post
This all too fancy for me.I usually just bring rice and instant noodle and a few drinks
I once thought that too - but I caved and drank the kool-aid. Keep in mind all that is carried on your bike with room to spare. So, why do without if you don't have to? I went this route and I won't turn back. I've tailgated with it, car camped with it, and packed it on my bike too. If it [the whole kit] was any smaller you could pack it in an 80 backpack and hike remote and still live well. It's as close to ultralight as you can get without "doing without".

Oldrice- 'Sup Keith!
__________________
www.oldrice.com
Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.

AJS Trials, CB250K0, XL250K0
Oldrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #725
ownst1100
BLUES TRAVELER 04'GSA
 
ownst1100's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Oddometer: 994
Jim sent me a couple of pictures showing his Bar-B-Que ready to be packed on the bike along with what he packs inside.



You can see a cutting board, 2 collapsable mugs/bowls, 2 burners, skewers, drip coffee maker, and his box of utensils /spices.



Once again, in action.





Hey Oldrice, how's that cooking platform treating you?
__________________
Keith Rosendahl
Sun City, So,Cal
"Blues Traveler"
04' BMW GS Adventurer with Alumigo trailer
05' GoldWing with Trekker trailer
http://community.webshots.com/user/ownst1100
ownst1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #726
bush pilot
Beastly Adventurer
 
bush pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Thailand
Oddometer: 2,489
^ that's pretty darned slick homemade rig!
__________________
USA travels 09'
Anchorage to Ushuaia
RTW...part: Europe
Iron Butt #35784
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #727
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,315
what grade, source for the perforated bottom plate, that has got to take some heat with the coals directly on it
Very nice looking kit!
__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #728
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
SgtDuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownst1100 View Post
Jim sent me a couple of pictures showing his Bar-B-Que ready to be packed on the bike along with what he packs inside.



You can see a cutting board, 2 collapsable mugs/bowls, 2 burners, skewers, drip coffee maker, and his box of utensils /spices.



Once again, in action.





Hey Oldrice, how's that cooking platform treating you?
I smell business opportunities
__________________
2010 Buell Ulysses
1984 Suzuki GR650 "Tempter"
SgtDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #729
Xeraux
Archvillain
 
Xeraux's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
I smell business opportunities
...And I smell Inmates bitching about what it would cost.
__________________
Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #730
AngryScot
.
 
AngryScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: ☼ Ca ☼
Oddometer: 18,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
...And I smell Inmates bitching about what it would cost.
too soon?

I was curious what he did first? Measure the skewers or the cutting board/kitchen kit to see what would fit inside. If willing to share and I understand if he is not, but seeing the plans would be very cool.
The process would be very cool to see too, just like when Keith did his trailer etc.
I wish I had access to a break and some of the tools to do this, well actually I wish I had the time to spend making this type of stuff.
Will have to look into the tech shop membership again!
__________________
⊕R1200GS⊕ For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
⊕Zuma 125⊕For sale soon, snap it up and contact me.
Save $5 on Smugmug "so9RUAXlMm0bE"
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #731
KLRUSERIOUS?
Farkle-whore
 
KLRUSERIOUS?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto Ontario Eh?!??
Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot View Post
too soon?

I was curious what he did first? Measure the skewers or the cutting board/kitchen kit to see what would fit inside. If willing to share and I understand if he is not, but seeing the plans would be very cool.
The process would be very cool to see too, just like when Keith did his trailer etc.
I wish I had access to a break and some of the tools to do this, well actually I wish I had the time to spend making this type of stuff.
Will have to look into the tech shop membership again!
+1 on snagging a quick look at the design notes
KLRUSERIOUS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #732
steve_k
Beastly Adventurer
 
steve_k's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Rancho Bernardo (San Diego)
Oddometer: 1,061
That is a BAD A$$ rig! I want to find you guys sometime out on the road so I can enjoy a meal off that thing!
steve_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #733
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer
 
lonewolf97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: moonshine Country
Oddometer: 2,233
Lonewolf97

I've been searching for the perfect grill for years. Small enough to pack on my bike and big enough to cook 2 nice ribeyes and taters. over charcoal.
lonewolf97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #734
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Drinking from the Stanley Cup!
Oddometer: 10,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf97 View Post
I've been searching for the perfect grill for years. Small enough to pack on my bike and big enough to cook 2 nice ribeyes and taters. over charcoal.
I have one and have used it for decades. It is a Pyromid grill.

Wen I first got it I cooked a #3 roast and potatoes on the porch in a snow storm and it only used 9 briquettes.

It is a shame they don't make them anymore.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #735
WU7X
The Old Fart
 
WU7X's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spoke Can, WA
Oddometer: 1,943
Pictures?

O.K., let's see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
I have one and have used it for decades. It is a Pyromid grill.

Wen I first got it I cooked a #3 roast and potatoes on the porch in a snow storm and it only used 9 briquettes.

It is a shame they don't make them anymore.
__________________
Sold "Fiona" 1982 R100RT Hack EML/Squire ST2 chair
"Gracie" - 1983 R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition
"Seika" - 2013 DL650 + DMC M72D Sidecar
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014