Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #781
VStromTom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
My now X cooked a lot of stuff that looked much like that black shit in the pot. Yes, part of the reason she is now an X!!!!!!!!!!
VStromTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #782
BluegrassPicker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot View Post
few weeks back

yup, fresh baked bread

first attempt was not as planned!
That's called "Irish Brown" - my favorite!
BluegrassPicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #783
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
+1. Wish I had pics, but has anyone ever done fried bologna sandwiches? Really easy to make. Fry the bologna, put it between two pieces of bread with a slice of cheddar cheese, butter the outside of the bread and fry it until golden brown. Put some mustard on it and you've got one heck of a delicious, artery clogging lunch! Seriously, they're simple to make and really good.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #784
Whiskytoast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Vegan Black Metal Chef Episode 1 Pad Thai

Whiskytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #785
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromdog View Post
+1. Wish I had pics, but has anyone ever done fried bologna sandwiches? Really easy to make. Fry the bologna, put it between two pieces of bread with a slice of cheddar cheese, butter the outside of the bread and fry it until golden brown. Put some mustard on it and you've got one heck of a delicious, artery clogging lunch! Seriously, they're simple to make and really good.
Been a while since I posted any bright ideas to this thread, but I keep tabs on all the other ideas. And the fried bologna reminded me of two things - For fried or grilled bologna itself, consider hitting a deli for some really thick slices like 3/8" - 1/2" thick and treat it like a burger patty in the fry pan or on the grill.

Second thing it reminded me of is Spam - the Wonder Meat. (As in I wonder what all is in it? Kind of like bologna).

Flash back to about 1970 when I was working full time at night in a TV station while finishing my senior year full time at HS. Most nights I brown bagged plenty of dinner stuff. I got hooked on a very simple Spam/hoop cheddar slices(if you're from the South you know what I mean) on white bread with mayo and maybe a dot of mustard. Heated to lukewarm in the back of the console I worked at. To this day I still fix the same sandwich and gently heat it it to luke warm. My teenage daughter sems to like it like I do, too.

It too would be the perfect bike camping food because all the ingredients for a nice batch can be hauled sans refrigeration - Spam, unopened mayo, and bread don't need it. And cheddar cheese wrapped tightly to exclude air just gets better at ambient temps for several days.

Now, if I can just quit riding to places with good food available, that goes on the next next camping food menu. Along with some thick sliced bologna.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #786
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskytoast View Post

i love this video!!!!
and the music is actually pretty fucking amazing.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #787
Flashmo
Whatever...

Oddometer: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305 View Post
Been a while since I posted any bright ideas to this thread, but I keep tabs on all the other ideas. And the fried bologna reminded me of two things - For fried or grilled bologna itself, consider hitting a deli for some really thick slices like 3/8" - 1/2" thick and treat it like a burger patty in the fry pan or on the grill.

Second thing it reminded me of is Spam - the Wonder Meat. (As in I wonder what all is in it? Kind of like bologna).

Flash back to about 1970 when I was working full time at night in a TV station while finishing my senior year full time at HS. Most nights I brown bagged plenty of dinner stuff. I got hooked on a very simple Spam/hoop cheddar slices(if you're from the South you know what I mean) on white bread with mayo and maybe a dot of mustard. Heated to lukewarm in the back of the console I worked at. To this day I still fix the same sandwich and gently heat it it to luke warm. My teenage daughter sems to like it like I do, too.

It too would be the perfect bike camping food because all the ingredients for a nice batch can be hauled sans refrigeration - Spam, unopened mayo, and bread don't need it. And cheddar cheese wrapped tightly to exclude air just gets better at ambient temps for several days.

Now, if I can just quit riding to places with good food available, that goes on the next next camping food menu. Along with some thick sliced bologna.
Mmmmmmmmm, Spaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm (best Homer Simpson voice)
Flashmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #788
2armor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
dont leave home without it..
Attached Images

2armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:53 AM   #789
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,402
this is a great thread, tons of great ideas! I like to carry a couple bags of flavored instant mashed potatos, then visit a butcher shop if there is one in the area, grab a couple nice steaks. cook the steaks over a fire, boil some water for the potatos, and ya have one heck of a dinner in less than 15 minutes. maybe some fresh veggies if available.
I'm gonna try that homemade bread next time!! looks awesome!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #790
HiDesert Sasquatch
KLR Hobo

Oddometer: 833
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownst1100 View Post
Those two black bolts are actually rubber covers on the receptical for the camlocs. These two hold everything together when its folded flat. Also there are 2 grills that slid into the leg supports. This allows it all to break down,stack, and fit in the lid of one Jesse Bag shown here.

If you look in my Webshots, the link is below in my signature. Look in the album "Evolution on my Camp Stove" you will see pictures of one or two going together, many, many pictures.

Right now, the bike is packed, and im headed out to the desert for a night of camping. Augua Caliente in San Deigo county, one of my favorite spots. Mid week i'll have it all to myself. Last month I finished a mount for the rack on the back of my bike that the stove sits on. For those rally's and camp spots that have no tables. This is its second trip, I made a few changes and it test time.

The mount splits in half and breaks down to 9.250" X 12.500" and less than 1.0" thick. Fits flat in the bottom of the bag or stores on edge up against the inside wall of on bag taking up very little space.

Im out of here
Schweet!
HiDesert Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #791
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735
Quote:
That is pretty effin cool!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #792
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Quote:
can it be possible to be raving mad, weird and utterly cool all at the same time?

YES!

get VBMC(vegan black metal chef) on our TV screens now!
this is better than KISS saves christmas!
and the food dont look half bad either btw
Old 06-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #793
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,086
Quote:
Why he hasn't been picked up by the Food Network is beyond comprehension.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #794
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot

Oddometer: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Why he hasn't been picked up by the Food Network is beyond comprehension.
Be a nice compliment to Rachel Ray and Giada I think.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #795
Fitryder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
I like to travel light when on the bike or on foot, I norm go buy those big (25cm long) glad zip lock bags and make daily rations including tuna, protein bars, dehydrated food and other bits and pieces depending on the climate and location im going. The beauty of it is that you have each day all set out and the bags also double as rubbish bags ect. Its not everyones ideal way to go but I enjoy it.
If I travel with some friends who take 4x4s then its a totally diff story
Fitryder is offline   Reply With Quote