Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #376
P3R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudellvonhop
Ride West (BMW dealer in Seattle) is selling a 2008 xCountry with the following for $8999. Feedback is appreciated...
AFAIK there are no '08 Xcountry. If it's black I think it's a '07 (manufactured late 2006 or in 2007) but maybe it was sold in '08.

Perhaps in the US it's always the first registration that counts? In my country (Sweden) most customers are (much to) sensitive about what model year the bike belongs to and that affect reselling value.
P3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #377
Claudellvonhop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Wink

$8999+ tax, title and $125 dock fee... Input?

Thanks,
Chris
Claudellvonhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #378
Claudellvonhop
Adventurer

Feedback from Sweden

I suspected it was an '07... Thanks and I'll ask for clarification.

Still - ~$4K in accessories on the thing... Nice custom seat too which wasn't mentioned in the ad.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #379
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,217
Maybe the bike market is different than cars, but usually when something is used, and has modifications, it goes for less money. Mostly due to the fact that most people are very particular in the accessories people put on. I'll find out what an 09 is OTD in a couple hours tonight, we can use that as a comparison (no accessories other than ABS and maybe the rear rack).

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #380
loco rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Ride West (BMW dealer in Seattle) is selling a 2008 xCountry with the following for $8999. Feedback is appreciated...

1700 miles
ABS
Hepco Bags
Hand Guards
C Bailey Windscreen
Tank Bag

Nice looking bike and I prefer the black to the new Yellow '09. Is this a good deal?
I'm selling mine with a very similar set up (2007, ABS, handguards, BMW screen, 2,000 miles). Asking $7500. May be a bit far for you though -- I'm in San Francisco. See ad:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364723
loco rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:33 PM   #381
shua
plays in snow

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3R
AFAIK there are no '08 Xcountry. If it's black I think it's a '07 (manufactured late 2006 or in 2007) but maybe it was sold in '08.

Perhaps in the US it's always the first registration that counts? In my country (Sweden) most customers are (much to) sensitive about what model year the bike belongs to and that affect reselling value.
My bike is an 08. It looks just like an 07, but has different mirrors.
shua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #382
Claudellvonhop
Adventurer

Thanks Loco

Looks good - if I had the time to fly in- ride home, I'd seriously consider it. What is your next bike?

-Chris
Old 07-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #383
matloik
kludge

Oddometer: 1,228
AFAIK you are mistaken. There is in fact an '08. It might be exactly the same bike as an '07 -- my '08 has different Aprilia mirrors, like someone else also said. The dealer/BMW paperwork, invoice, title , etc., say '08 -- that's about as official as it gets. There are lots of cars/bikes that change very little -- even just cosmetically -- from year to year, but the "model year" of the vehicle does in fact change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3R

Old 07-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #384
loco rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Looks good - if I had the time to fly in- ride home, I'd seriously consider it. What is your next bike?

-Chris
Yeah, too bad the bike is far from you... oh well. I'm still deciding on my next bike, but I've narrowed it down to one of these three (one of which I may have to wait for awhile). I'll decide once I get to test ride them: F800ST, F650GS [new twin], or, perhaps, the F800GS. I'm going to get kicked out of this forum for saying this, but I've found that thumpers are not my thing [crouching, arm up in the air to protect myself from flying objects], plus I'm really a street-riding type of guy [more stuff thrown] :)
loco rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #385
Claudellvonhop
Adventurer

To each his own, Loco...

I, on the other hand, own a TW200 and will never part with the little trail pig. Thumpers afford some serious off road exploring and are a hell of a lot more fun than a mule...
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #386
andrewgore
Team MGH

Apparently if you're aiming to pick up an 09 with ABS, you're gonna have to wait a few months for more to come in. That and according to the dealer, I got 1 of the last 2 non-abs xCountries left in the US. Long story short, I'm a happy camper either way :) 8400 OTD with the rear rack. Now for the waiting game. Seeing Long Way Down tonight at the theatre killed any form of buyers remorse!

Andrew
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 AM   #387
P3R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik
AFAIK you are mistaken. There is in fact an '08.
Okay, I hear you. I had never heard of or seen one in Europe but perhaps you got all of them in the US. Same mirrors as on the '09 I notice. Looks better than the round ones we got
P3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #388
deli-g650
bring'n the funk

Oddometer: 195
what is that you have in place of your canister??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-Rodriguez
Im not having much luck with mine...the indicator light on the dash has stop working when going right i tried taking it appart 3 times managed to sort it twice but I cant get it to work again its a faulty plug.

Just hope my BMW dealer does it on warrantee and get it sorted before i go Adventure riding.

Attachment 179882
Old 08-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #389
andrewgore
Team MGH

How many electrical "accessories" can be tapped into the stock electrical system? Not looking to add much other than GPS and possibly something to charge up my phone or heated grips as it gets closer to winter. Anyone have the #'s? Thanks for the help.

Andrew
Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #390
mcftw
hxc n33b

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore
How many electrical "accessories" can be tapped into the stock electrical system? Not looking to add much other than GPS and possibly something to charge up my phone or heated grips as it gets closer to winter. Anyone have the #'s? Thanks for the help.

Andrew
Preferably one at a time unless they are using new batteries than the one that came with my bike. The batteries on the Xchallenges have a tendency to go bad, I haven't heard of you guys having problems with the Xcountry though so I'm not too sure. Anyway they used a less powerful alternator on the G650s compared to the F650s (single) as a way of cutting the weight off of the engine.