User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #1
akumabito OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Looking for advice - hack for 94 Nighthawk 750

Hey guys, I could use some advice - I'm looking for a reasonably priced sidecar to fit to my 'Hawk. Local offerings within my budget seem limited to old Velorex tubs, or Ural/Dnepr. I don't really like the looks of the Velorex cars - too plasticy. They look kinda flimsy. The Soviet tubs seem sturdier, but also pretty heavy. Obviously, the Honda has a lot more grunt than the bikes they were intended for, so I don't think this would really be a problem..

What do you guys think? Go with Ural/Dnepr? Look for another alternative? Build my own tub?
akumabito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #2
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumabito View Post
Hey guys, I could use some advice - I'm looking for a reasonably priced sidecar to fit to my 'Hawk. Local offerings within my budget seem limited to old Velorex tubs, or Ural/Dnepr. I don't really like the looks of the Velorex cars - too plasticy. They look kinda flimsy. The Soviet tubs seem sturdier, but also pretty heavy. Obviously, the Honda has a lot more grunt than the bikes they were intended for, so I don't think this would really be a problem..

What do you guys think? Go with Ural/Dnepr? Look for another alternative? Build my own tub?
I have a 78 Honda 750 with a 200lb sidecar attached and steering is quite heavy, even with barbacks. I don't know of anyone that makes leading links for the 750.
YOUNZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #3
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,759
I drove a nighthawk once thought it a nice little bike but not overpowered by any stretch of the imagination, definitely Velorex territory lighter is better torque is the important bit a ural will make it heavier, maybe spirit of america