Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 12:48 AM   #2716
boatmole
Druken Wildebeest

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
I was there!

Hack that new-to-you GS and you'll wonder what you were waiting for.
I'm currently on hack #6, GS may be #7, He, he.
boatmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #2717
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
From the beginning I didn't like the design of the frontmask.
You remember, to much number 5 alive. . .

So I search for another solution.
You know the "Heinrich" fairing?!?

Yeah, I'll think so.

That's it is. . .

Thank you for reading

dä rumtreibär
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #2718
NitroMax
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Nice fairing !!!!
1200 cc Z1000 dragbike (1976)
300 cc MZ transporthack (1989) winterhack
900 cc BMW R 90/6 hack ( 1976) summerhack
750 cc BMW K 75 RT ( 1993 ) daily driver

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter ( Mark Twain )
NitroMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #2719
Richard-NL
Sidecar Fan

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton View Post

Steve, good comparison with Johnny nr. 5. Better than a comparison with the desert people of Tatooine. I think it’s a big improvement. Not only the looks (since I don’t care a lot about looks) but especially the wind protection of the Heinrich windshield in wintertime. CU and hoping you get your other stuff sorted out soon.

Richard-NL
Richard-NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #2720
Richard-NL
Sidecar Fan

2nd Duo Drive in the NL, finished last week, built in the Netherlands with the Mobec Duo Drive parts:

Don't worry. Peter will not use these tires in snow. He has snow tires for it, including chains. 3 sets of rims (smart) with summer tires, winter tires and knobbies. (and a spare of course).

In the next picture you may see on the right the start of an extreme project with twowheeldrive:

For the "connaiseures" (...) the outfit used to be a EML 2000 with 14 Inch wheels).

Richard-NL
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #2721
Richard-NL
Sidecar Fan

OK, less spectacular I think, but one of the first DOHC Boxer Beemers with an sidecar attached.

Maybe some more stuff coming up, but it’s wintertime, meaning riding time. Not allways time for pics (I mean internet)

Richard-NL
Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #2722
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer

Hm, Richard, my friend, you didn't tell him (12er Beemer) about the useless of these wheelsize in Wintertime?!?

I like the design of the 1150 Beemer with the E2000. But probably not Karin. An unprotected seat. . .

dä rumtreibär
Old 12-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #2723
EverydayRiding
Year round riding

Oddometer: 95
Eek I want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard-NL View Post
2nd Duo Drive in the NL, finished last week, built in the Netherlands with the Mobec Duo Drive parts:
WOW!
EverydayRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #2724
halflive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
I like the finished product. R1150GS is a greatly shaped bike for a sidecar. The shape of the GT2000 is also great, It reminds me of the traffic police driving BMW's with EML sidecars. Those where great combinations. Fighting riots in the early '80's
Duo drive is not my thing, technical great, but for my use it is more weight and complexity without a purpose. I can see you are using the advantage..
halflive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #2725
Erik RS
Three Wheel Maniac

Oddometer: 441
Duodrive

Hi Richard,

What a coincidence. I was just wondering today (inspired by the actual wheather in these parts and digging my outfit out twice this weekend ) if Mobec sells the parts separately. Apparently they do?

I rejected the concept at first and had plans to do a hydraulically driven sidecar wheel, but in retrospect maybe this idea with a viscous clutch might just work out for my purpose. Have you got any idea what this system (and it's various components) weigh? I think, just looking at the pictures and plans, that some gains in weight saving can be made there.

Sorry guys, I know this is a picture thread, but I'm always curious

Xtankteam™

Proud sponsor of the Sibirsky Extreme Project
Erik RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 AM   #2726
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Halflife, you talking about GT2000 like this http://www.motorrad-haertel.de/image...00g-maroon.htm

or did you mean E2000 http://www.bode-sidecars.de/pageID_7683158.html

Don't order the wrong one my friend. . .

dä rumtreibär
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #2727
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,460

Nice rig, Richard.

Looks like the rear upper mount is attached to the sidecar at the lower mount, not to the s/c frame. Can't really tell on the front, but I would guess that the front upper mount is attached to the s/c frame.

Is that right?

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #2728
halflive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Thanks Horton. Off course i meant the E2000. A great alternative for the more common Ural tubs. Just a bit more costly.

@Erik, are you planning to build duo drive on your RS sidecar?
halflive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 AM   #2729
Erik RS
Three Wheel Maniac

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by halflive View Post
@Erik, are you planning to build duo drive on your RS sidecar?
Nope, it has not enough ground clearance to play in mud and snow anyway. I'll keep that for the normal tarmac stuff
I'd love to build a dedicated adventure/winter outfit. The easy (and cheapest) way will be to use a 4V BMtroubleyou with plenty of ground clearance and 2 wheel drive, but then I'll be stuck again with an outfit weighing somewhere around 300+/350 kgs.
The other idea simmering in my head is a lot more work (designed from scratch) and a lot more expensive: A light Rotax 654 engined 2 wheel driven thingy on 18" wheels. A rough calculation leads me to believe a dry weight of approx. 200 kgs is feasable (at least a nice goal ).
Time and money are the limitations here. I'd have to drive up an XC engine with all electronics, buy expensive Excel rims and have them spoked and next to it build a load of dedicated parts, like uprights, hubs, frame parts a.s.o.
Seeing the work I have at the moment I think this is a bit over the top.
One thing is for sure: I would only start that project after I've drawn it completely up to the last part. I've learned that that is the only way for me to build such. When you have all the drawings and patterns, it's just plain labour in the workshop . Then it's feasable to take 2 weeks off and get a lot of work done in that time.

Well never mind. For the moment these are just dreams and thoughts.
The 4V option is more realistic at the moment I think.

Xtankteam™

Proud sponsor of the Sibirsky Extreme Project
Erik RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #2730
Richard-NL
Sidecar Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton
Hm, Richard, my friend, you didn't tell him (12er Beemer) about the useless of these wheelsize in Wintertime?!?

I was only asked for advice on rims and tires on the 1150 DuoDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halflive
It reminds me of the traffic police driving BMW's with EML sidecars. Those where great combinations. Fighting riots in the early '80's

Fucking hippies . The Marines took care of them before, didn’t they? I guess everybody loved that. Not that much difference between the early steel chair and the plastic E2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik RS
What a coincidence. I was just wondering today
Quote:
if Mobec sells the parts separately. Apparently they do?
As for the Mobec parts, you might give Ad Donkers a phone call. If I had to go from scratch I would look into the option of the 4Motion parts i.s.o. Syncro. I’m not sure if I put that on-line already. I believe the other Beemer gets the 4Motion stuff.

Quote:
Have you got any idea what this system (and it's various components) weigh? I think, just looking at the pictures and plans, that some gains in weight saving can be made there.

Very rough guess, about 60 pounds in total. Weight isn´t an issue. The Syncro needs weight on the sidecarwheel anyway in order to perform better. It’s the way a viscous coupling design works I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph
Looks like the rear upper mount is attached to the sidecar at the lower mount, not to the s/c frame. (….) Is that right?

That’s kind of correct. Like I said, it was originally a EML outfit. Subframe and struts are basically original EML. (Pretty common solution, not only for EML, which is more a sidecar factory than a shop that can make exactly the same outfits using molds). You can still see the difference in color of the already powdercoated EML parts and the new LBS sidecarframe. I had the same solution on my Pan European EML GT3E and the Suzuki EML GT2.

Richard-NL