User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #3466
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 274
Thumb Leaner side car

Hi , dose anyone have any drawings or plans for a Leaner sidecar.I have sent a PM to Turkey380 as this is what i am looking for . I was invited to go and have a look and measure but he is about 4 hrs away , i might get there one day but in the mean time if anyone can help please pm me .
Thanks Tezza
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #3467
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,461
Here is a pic of a large wheelchair sidecar we are just finishing up.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #3468
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
that is awesome, claude
would LOVE to see a lot more of that one
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #3469
NitroMax
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Talking about travelling in comfort
1200 cc Z1000 dragbike (1976)
300 cc MZ transporthack (1989) winterhack
900 cc BMW R 90/6 hack ( 1976) summerhack
750 cc BMW K 75 RT ( 1993 ) daily driver

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter ( Mark Twain )
NitroMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #3470
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 274
Leaner sidecar

Like the Leaner sidecar , this would be a great way to carry all the extras for Adventure rides .
It is a bummer that you are so far away from me , but i might make it one day??????
Tezza

QUOTE=turkey380;16365841]More[/QUOTE]
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #3471
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEZZA View Post
Hi , dose anyone have any drawings or plans for a Leaner sidecar.I have sent a PM to Turkey380 as this is what i am looking for . I was invited to go and have a look and measure but he is about 4 hrs away , i might get there one day but in the mean time if anyone can help please pm me .
Thanks Tezza
Tezza,

I just googled around and found some useful references. Some further digging might turn up the kinds of drawings or plans you're looking for. I hope this helps!

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...ting-sidecars/

http://www.improvelife.info/links/v6...kes/flexit.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9QOnFUKgE

http://home.wanadoo.nl/mikevdploeg/armec.htm

I like the Armec design especially. It looks like their web page is no more. I think you may be able to find enough pictures and such to replicate the design.

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #3472
africadero
ronny-king

Oddometer: 80
home-build africa twin side-cars

About six years ago these two were ready after nine months of building.
Attached Images

'01 JC50Q-7
'05 FYM110
africadero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #3473
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by africadero View Post
About six years ago these two were ready after nine months of building.
more info?
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #3474
Against The Grain
n00b

Oddometer: 5
BMW with EML

Hey I just got around to checking out this section of ADVrider. Here's a picture of my hack, a 1986 BMW K100 with an EML GTll (I think) and Hannigan fairing.
Attached Images

Against The Grain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 AM   #3475
africadero
ronny-king

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
more info?
hey RM,

I've raced MX side cars from '89 till '97. When I stopped with that I could spent more time on the (off-)road and bought my first Africa twin after selling my WR 250. In 2OO4 and a few bikes later I went a to winter rally in Germany with some friends and cause of the snow we didn't manage to get there, It was then that my buddy and I decided to build us some sidecars, so this wouldn't happen again.
After some studying we got us some steel pipes and a we bought us the lightest trailer axel with torsion suspension ( 500 kg load) on the marked and started fabricating.
Attached Images

'01 JC50Q-7
'05 FYM110
Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #3476
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Quote:
hey RM,

I've raced MX side cars from '89 till '97. When I stopped with that I could spent more time on the (off-)road and bought my first Africa twin after selling my WR 250. In 2OO4 and a few bikes later I went a to winter rally in Germany with some friends and cause of the snow we didn't manage to get there, It was then that my buddy and I decided to build us some sidecars, so this wouldn't happen again.
After some studying we got us some steel pipes and a we bought us the lightest trailer axel with torsion suspension ( 500 kg load) on the marked and started fabricating.
I wish we had the Africa Twin here. Nice looking build. What made you choose the roll cage layout?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #3477
africadero
ronny-king

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I wish we had the Africa Twin here. Nice looking build. What made you choose the roll cage layout?
I still can't get it why honda never brought the twin to the US, think they don't like easy money Mine is already 22 years old and will never be sold, it's my second africa twin, when i sold the first one, I knew after two weeks that I made a mistake and started searching for another one.

I got inspired by the looks of a dune buggy, and for my opinion it would be the safest way to take my son with me, he sits in a kart seat with a three points safetybelt, atached between his legs and a metal roof above his head. the build had to be like that for me cause from my mx history I know that you can't fall with a sidecar, only roll, and even fly in the public, as I experienced in my time as a monkey

It took us nine month's to build two of them, everything is powder coated and build with new steel, the bothemplate is stainless.
the torsion suspension was used cause it's cheap and makes it an easy build. I first was afraid that the comfort would be zero, but on the road it's doable. big advantage from this setup is, that the whole thing stay's nice and steady in a left turn even with the long suspension travel of the bike itself.

It was a cheap build after all, it costed us 750 euro a piece to build them ( six years ago). and the fun they gave us in that period: PRICELESS.

Here the most recent pic I have, from an adventure rally 4 weeks ago
Attached Images

'01 JC50Q-7
'05 FYM110
Old 07-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #3478
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Honda brought the twin over badged as the Transalp, but they were ahead of their time, before the dualsport craze caught on here. They didn't sell well so Honda pulled the plug and never looked back. I think the Afrika Twin would be well positioned in todays market to compete with the GS and Strom, but then again, the economy sucks, so maybe not.

I use torsion axles on my KLR/enduro style rigs and am happy with the way they work on and off road. I do like the design you came up with and wish I had a bigger twin or triple instead of the KLR.

Quote:
I still can't get it why honda never brought the twin to the US, think they don't like easy money Mine is already 22 years old and will never be sold, it's my second africa twin, when i sold the first one, I knew after two weeks that I made a mistake and started searching for another one.

I got inspired by the looks of a dune buggy, and for my opinion it would be the safest way to take my son with me, he sits in a kart seat with a three points safetybelt, atached between his legs and a metal roof above his head. the build had to be like that for me cause from my mx history I know that you can't fall with a sidecar, only roll, and even fly in the public, as I experienced in my time as a monkey

It took us nine month's to build two of them, everything is powder coated and build with new steel, the bothemplate is stainless.
the torsion suspension was used cause it's cheap and makes it an easy build. I first was afraid that the comfort would be zero, but on the road it's doable. big advantage from this setup is, that the whole thing stay's nice and steady in a left turn even with the long suspension travel of the bike itself.

It was a cheap build after all, it costed us 750 euro a piece to build them ( six years ago). and the fun they gave us in that period: PRICELESS.

Here the most recent pic I have, from an adventure rally 4 weeks ago
Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #3479
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,476
this one got done recently for Motorcyclepedia, the museum I'm doing photog work at. It's a made for 2 people extra wide body, and the frame of course had to be a made for 2 extra wide frame. A month ago this was a very rusty Harley, a very rusty body, and a side car chassis, none of which had previously been introduced. They've become fast friends.

nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #3480
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,486
Nice, 'Flug. Cool gig, too.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote