ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #3781
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner
 
ClearwaterBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Oddometer: 5,972
thank you very much, everyone
i really appreciate it
__________________
Greg
'11 R1200 GS Adventure with a DMC M72DX Sidecar
'14 R1200 GS & '14 R nineT (march, 2014)
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #3782
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ol' Montanny
Oddometer: 333
Thumb



NICE.....!!!
Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #3783
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ol' Montanny
Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
Anybody know what this is?

Thanks for any replies.

Is it a Sputnik...???

Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #3784
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DavePave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Flatistan
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mellow's WildRide View Post
Is it a Sputnik...???

Though it might be, I don't think so. The swing arm has an outside arm and the nose has a different shape and lines to it. Though the frame is near identical. It may be something Sputnik (or Ural, or Jupiter) made for just a year or two.

I've looked at lots of photos trying to figure this one out, but haven't yet positively ID'd it.

I am trying to figure it out 'cause a guy not too far away has it for sale for about $2K. I don't know the weight, and neither does he. Don't know if it'll be too heavy for my DR650 to tug. The guys says it weights 100 pounds which it way too light for a car. Also, I don't want to pay too much for it or rip the other guy off either.

Thanks for trying........ Still researching it.....
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #3785
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
Though it might be, I don't think so. The swing arm has an outside arm and the nose has a different shape and lines to it. Though the frame is near identical. It may be something Sputnik (or Ural, or Jupiter) made for just a year or two.

I've looked at lots of photos trying to figure this one out, but haven't yet positively ID'd it.

I am trying to figure it out 'cause a guy not too far away has it for sale for about $2K. I don't know the weight, and neither does he. Don't know if it'll be too heavy for my DR650 to tug. The guys says it weights 100 pounds which it way too light for a car. Also, I don't want to pay too much for it or rip the other guy off either.

Thanks for trying........ Still researching it.....

It sure looks like a variant of a Jupiter. The step is exactly the same as this one and the lines are very similar.




It looks to be the same weight as a Sputnik and the DR650 will pull it fine. Drop a tooth on the front if you want a little more torque. I have a Sputnik on my KLR and it does fine. With the long travel suspension it handles differently than the other rigs I have had.


__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?

DirtDabber screwed with this post 11-26-2011 at 05:20 PM
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #3786
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer
 
bk brkr baker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: The Bluegrass
Oddometer: 5,088


__________________
RR's Catnip Hill to Peoria ___Loopin' Seattle to WestFest
It started with some beers __1500 miles to the Dentist
Skeedaddle to Seattle______ A 30 year old on a Three Flags Run
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #3787
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: GoodLiver,Oregon,USA
Oddometer: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
Anybody know what this is?



Thanks for any replies.
It looks Chinese to me

Check out the fender, frame and swing arm in this photo



The windshield hinges and body work looks very similar to these photos







__________________
the Red Menace
"You are measured by how you ride by people who ride, and how you pose by people who pose." Alejo
"Riders who get pissed off are doing it wrong." DAKEZ
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #3788
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DavePave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Flatistan
Oddometer: 268
Know what this is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
It looks Chinese to me

Check out the fender, frame and swing arm in this photo



The windshield hinges and body work looks very similar to these photos







You are THE man !!!!! It appears to be an identical match. It must be the Chinese version of an IZH Jupiter. Thanks for looking. The basic shape are the same - outside swing arm on the ad - and the windscreen brackets. I call it the one and same.

Thanks again. Now I am left wondering what it it worth. I imagine bearins might be tough to get.....
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #3789
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
Thanks again. Now I am left wondering what it it worth. I imagine bearins might be tough to get.....
Bearings may be standard sizes. I was able to match mine up at an O'Rileys when they crapped out on my fly and ride for the KLR.

__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #3790
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dorzok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,676
'93 Joyner GSXR1100



Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #3791
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated
 
MightyChosen1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Central,IL
Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
You are THE man !!!!! It appears to be an identical match. It must be the Chinese version of an IZH Jupiter. Thanks for looking. The basic shape are the same - outside swing arm on the ad - and the windscreen brackets. I call it the one and same.

Thanks again. Now I am left wondering what it it worth. I imagine bearins might be tough to get.....

I cant imagine it would be worth 2 G's , I would think twice paying a thousand for it. It looks to be on the small side, Was it designed for someone that is around 4 feet tall ?
__________________
Formally known as Furious D, I'm getting to old to be furious.
MightyChosen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #3792
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DavePave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Flatistan
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDabber View Post
Bearings may be standard sizes. I was able to match mine up at an O'Rileys when they crapped out on my fly and ride for the KLR.

I imagine you are correct about the bearing. Nice outfit you got there. How effective is your drum brake?
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #3793
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DavePave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Flatistan
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D View Post
I cant imagine it would be worth 2 G's , I would think twice paying a thousand for it. It looks to be on the small side, Was it designed for someone that is around 4 feet tall ?

Thanks for the feedback. I paused at the $2K price myself. I would imagine it is on the small side like a Jupiter. Then again I don't want anything too heavy or large either - like an M-72. I may pass this up and look for a Velorex 562 or a Sputnik. At least they are something "Known." Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 AM   #3794
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
I imagine you are correct about the bearing. Nice outfit you got there. How effective is your drum brake?
Never hooked it up.
__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #3795
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher
 
scooteraug02's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 4,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzok View Post
Seats 4?
__________________
scooteraug02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014