Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #3946
Oldenough2knowbetter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripodtiger View Post
Details, please?

Interested in buying 3 or 4 and sending them here?
The rear tyre came on a Smart Car rim but can be bought seperately. Here is the web-site I bought them from.http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...e=20&sort_by=# Very quick delivery, from France, I believe. I also have a(n?) Heidenau K60 Snow from these people, delivered from Germany
http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk

Maybe best in first instance to contact them re posting to Aussie-land. See how you get on. If no success then get back to me.

Adge
Oldenough2knowbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #3947
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
MJZ--that looks super comfy for the passenger and will cruise at 100 mph, yes? Really rockin! Would sure like you to post up a reply in THIS THREAD.
I hate to be a spoil sport here, but isn't traveling at 100mph on ANY bike or hack with a passenger a bit idiotic and suicidal......???
Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #3948
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mellow's WildRide View Post
I hate to be a spoil sport here, but isn't traveling at 100mph on ANY bike or hack with a passenger a bit idiotic and suicidal......???
No, and why would it be? If you live in the land of the free you cant go fast, you cant lane split and plenty more, in Europe, especially on the Autobahns in Germany, there is no speed limit.
What is the difference in doing over 100mph on a outfit to doing it in a car?
Billtr96sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #3949
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtr96sn View Post
No, and why would it be? If you live in the land of the free you cant go fast, you cant lane split and plenty more, in Europe, especially on the Autobahns in Germany, there is no speed limit.
So, take someone you don't care about for the ride of their life on the Autobahn.

Here in the "land of the free", we still have speed limits not to mention:

Children, Bicyclists, Game Animals, Lumbering Lorries, Little Blue Haired Ladies and other things that can unexpectedly get in your way. What are the braking figures for a hack with passenger and inertia loads, or the same for a solo bike with a PASSENGER.

I have some good friends who's 20-year old son turned himself into a vegetable trying to see how fast his Ninja would go. I think you are free to drive however you want, wherever you wish....but if you're taking a passenger, please notify them beforehand that you are about to risk their life and limb needlessly.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so If you really think this merits further discussion, PM me.

Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #3950
MJZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
As yesterday was my first time ever on a hack, controlling my speed will not be a problem anytime soon. I was surprised at the feel of the steering, it is very different and after only a few miles I could feel it. But other than that I really enjoyed my first time. No wobble in the steering as I was told to expect in the 20-30mph range but it is going to take a lot of practice to get used to having the feeling I'm dragging an anchor behind my right side case. I love the ease at removing and re-attaching the car but I don't see any reason to remove it until I'm fully accustomed to it and feeling much more confident with it.
The only down side was when I brought it home my said I must be out of my mind if I thought she was going to get in that Lady GaGa egg. But on the other hand I much prefer the company of my black lab and she is who I really got it for. The idea the wife hates it was just a added benefit. I'm so glad she doesn't get on here and see what I type.
2014 BMW S1000R
MJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #3951
Voltaire
Bored Of The Rings

Oddometer: 1,385
I found a few pics of the last time I rode my R75/5/Watsonian GP seriously....
We have a rally here called the Brass Monkey deep in Otago in the South Island of New Zealand.
I built the outfit in 1990 when living in London, rode it around Europe a bit, up as far as the Arctic Circle and as far East as what was then Karl Marx Stat. In 1993 we returned home and the outfit was used for a couple of rallys...the last one my fried had a ride/drive and we went off the road in spectacular fashion.... forks were a bit bent....bike and sidecar were repaired and used for taking the kids for rides before being taken apart in 2001 and stored...where it remains to this day....its on the list...just not at the top.
Heres some pictures of the 1993 Brass Monkey ride.....it was a bit chilly.

]
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #3952
Sidecarjohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtr96sn View Post
Hope everyone else doesn't get some strange idea about those of us in the UK, especially when someone isn't too factual with their statements.

No speed limit on German autobahns is a myth. Maybe in some parts, but not universal. However, please tell us where else in Europe there's "no speed limit" ?
As for the difference " in doing over 100mph on a outfit to doing it in a car", well surely it isn't as simplistic as someone seems to be suggesting.

http://www.sidecarjohn.co.uk/
Sidecarjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #3953
elefantmans
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
during my trip through europe to the med last year the n240 and a171 through spain had no limits....according to my satnav,always trust the satnav ,german autobahn police do have a very liberal attitude towards speed if conditions allow once away from junctions even in restricted lenths,they hate lane hogging though,theres nothing as terrifying as the induction roar of a large merc up your arse as you potter along at 140mph thinking you've got a lick on
elefantmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #3954
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oddometer: 393
I answered MRElefntman via PM as he asked, I was reffering to EUROPE, there are plenty of places with no speed limits, Isle of Man (part of the UK) Some parts of the Autobahn, not the whole as 'some' seemed to think I was reffering to.

Get a grip, everything we do carries some danger, sometimes the danger makes it more fun, like riding motorcycles.
Billtr96sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #3955
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenough2knowbetter View Post
The rear tyre came on a Smart Car rim but can be bought seperately. Here is the web-site I bought them from.http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...e=20&sort_by=# Very quick delivery, from France, I believe. I also have a(n?) Heidenau K60 Snow from these people, delivered from Germany

Maybe best in first instance to contact them re posting to Aussie-land. See how you get on. If no success then get back to me.

Adge
thanks, narrow 15" S&M tyres are as scarce as hens teeth over here.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #3956
Winterbiker
Sidecarist

Oddometer: 281

Because we have no snow here, Im dreaming a little bit of our next desert ride. This pic was made in Tan-Tan, morocco. Today, Tan-Tan is a growing city and the two camels are inside a big roundabout.

Winterbiker

Best stuff for Sidecarists: http://www.gespannfahrer-shop.de
Winterbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #3957
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenough2knowbetter View Post

Adge
Thanks. I should've realised it would be a 135. Too narrow for what I'm after. It seems like 165/15 SUV or S&M tyre is pretty much unobtainium.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #3958
elefantmans
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Thanks. I should've realised it would be a 135. Too narrow for what I'm after. It seems like 165/15 SUV or S&M tyre is pretty much unobtainium.
try demontweeks website www.demon-tweeks.co.uk , they're based in wales uk but ship worldwide,some of the mud/forest section rally car tyres come in the size you want,the silverstone s525m tyre looks a good place to start
elefantmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #3959
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,753
Quote:

I've got 165x15s on mine Ray. I'm just thinking of putting some extra grooves in them. There's plenty of tread depth so it shouldn't be a problem
Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #3960
chairhead
HAIRY

Oddometer: 403
Quote:
It seems like 165/15 SUV or S&M tyre is pretty much unobtainium.
Like this

took me ages to get this vredestein winter+ but get one i did,a slightly larger rolling diameter
than the original Tiger wheel and tyre

"THERE IS ONLY ONE THING THAT IS BETTER THAN RIDING AN OUTFIT...
AND THAT IS RIDING AN OUTFIT IN THE
WINTER....THIS IS THE GREATEST...."Andreas a.d.k.G

chairhead is offline   Reply With Quote