Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #781
KawDlr
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHunter
YIKES!!! Z! You're in BMW country. I'm about the only ADV rider in Tally that doesn't have one and you've just crossed the line!!!

The fur's fixin' to fly!!!

$bob$
That's funny Bob!
I am the second(non BMW owner), well you can say my heart is there I just have to travel a bit to get the rest of me in the area!
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 AM   #782
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
"Last time on As The Chum Churns, Robert confronted Biff The Diver on his reckless lifestyle, while James and the mysterious Mr. Adventure tried to find the fabled Non-existent Camp to hold their strange foul-weather rites..."

Mugster,

Now THAT was FUNNY!!!

Nuttin' like someone pointing out how silly you look to provide comic relief.

Keep it up... Good stuff.

I'm riding in the NF this afternoon and I'll probably take a bunch of pictures to prove it.

$bob$
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 AM   #783
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

OK.. We're officially calling off the Saturday street ride. Gusitano and I just got off the phone and agreed to call it off.

Scott is trying to set up a woods ride so anyone that wants can join him. It should be fun. (see his link above)

I might make the woods ride but I'm so busy I doubt it.

$bob$
Old 11-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #784
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,860
Hey Scott.... I took care of some stuff round the house- changed the oil in the BMW, and got caught up and on the road at 3pm.... I rode with a buddy that just bought a gsx650f, and wanted me to go along for his first hundred miles or so... Good ride, and I found the top of the gear box on the S Looks like ya'll made a day of it
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #785
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSRocker
Took a ride today

This picture is a perfect example of the pig trying to keep up with the big pig. That Beemer takes to the forest roads like a hog to a wallow and to further add insult to injury Scott took this picture while he was leading me down one of the roads and he was riding one handed and taking pictures with the other...

It's kind of embarrassing to think you're doing great and finally keeping up only to find out that Scott only slowed down to take photos of me trying to catch up.

All in all it was a GREAT day and I hope to post some of my pictures soon but I'm preparing for an all day ride today again and my KLR is in need of some maintenance.

I'll say that, although I was impressed with my Dunlop D606's when I first put them on a couple of rides ago, yesterday they really impressed me. Scott convinced me to air down to 20 pounds of pressure (I was running 28lbs) and it started handling much better.

The front end didn't "wash out" as easily and the rear tire quit that little dance it liked to do when I was on a fairly hard packed road with a 1"-2" layer of loose sand on top.

Anyway... I'm usually geared up better than yesterday also... Notice the bare hands in a photo or two. I somehow forgot my gloves and for the first hour or so my hands were a bit cold.

Too bad nobody else showed up yesterday. We would have ridden slower to match the slowest rider and a good time could have been had by all. Get outta the house and RIDE!

I'll be meeting a few guys at 9am from the KLR World forums this morning at the Burger King at SW Capital Circle and Hwy 20 for a more sedate ride and then around 11:30 we're meeting up with KawDlr and his buddies at Porter Lake to check out those campsites and then off to munch on some oysters.

Y'all come on with us if you want.

$bob$
Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #786
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

It's the night before the election but I'm not gonna watch the talking heads and their endless analysis. I guess whatever will be will be so I'm gonna post some pictures of the ride Scott mentioned from yesterday.

I met my old friend Lance (BigDog57) at Burger King and he told me that Roger and Robert would be along soon.

Roger is a public servant archeological diver and as such is probably one of the most interesting people I've ever met.

Robert just got back from a solo KLR650 ride to Oregon and back which is a TRUE ADVENTURE!!!

When they showed up we decided to gas up for the long ride so we headed for the Exxon at Silver Lake Rd and Hwy 20 and I noticed the "big pig" parked in front of the store.

Sure enough... Before we were done gassing up we saw Scott come strolling out of the store and he was invited to join up with us.

He told us he might just do that but wanted to do some exploring first so off we went.

Roger has a new DR650 so we were kind of taking it easy as he got used to his bike and barely make it to our meeting with Jody (KawDlr) from Dothan and his Crawfordville buddy Travis. Scott had arrived just before us.

While our bikes sniffed each other's tailpipes we chewed the fat for awhile and looked over the Porter Lake Campground.

Then we decided to head for Sumatra to munch on some good food.

At my instance Scott led the pack and I took the tail gunner position since he and I knew the route from a previous ride. With 7 of us traveling the same dusty roads, that proved to be a painful and dusty place to be. I'm STILL coughing up dust and blowing black snot out of my nose...

Here we go.....

I don't have ride pictures because I didn't want to subject my camera to all the dust but Jody hopes to post some pics and videos that he got with his helmet cam.

Here we are at the restaurant.

Jody and Travis are on KLX450's and they're awesome dirt machines. You could tell that they could easily handle anything the National Forest could dish out but they assured me that my KLR was better on the pavement. No consolation.. Anyway... The obligatory bike pics.

And now for the riders...

Roger in the foreground and Jody in the back...

Travis....

Robert

Lance (BigDog57)

The pictures I took of Scott didn't come out at all and the last one I took was of me but the camera quit working after that so all the other pictures I took didn't come out... First wiseaker that accuses me of breaking my camera get's extra jalepenos in their chili at the camp and ride.

Anyway... We rode on to Porter Lake Campground and it's a great campsite and is close enough to The Family Coastal Restaurant (where we ate and it's EXCELLENT) and the gas station in Sumatra but Scott hasn't made up his mind about the roads yet.

So... The KLR World guys (Lance, Robert, and Roger) decided to slab it back so Scott and I offered to ride back with Jody and Travis.

I can tell you this... Scott and I gave it a good effort but the effortless ease that the KLX's took the roads with soon had us tired and trailing further and further behind. We finally were so far behind that when we turned around at the road where Scott was going to show them a side road they didn't even know we'd stopped and went on.

All in all it was a really great day and Scott got a lot of chances to show off his campground sites and hopefully some good feedback.

$bob$
Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #787
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,021
Those are some very big pictures!!! LD, you can probably resize them to 640 X 480 so they can fit in the screen without having to scroll.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #788
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTSRocker
Image Resizer

This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.
I'd be happy to email the pics to anyone that want's to resize them and post them... Otherwise learn to use your scroll bars... Jeez...

How you guys gonna ride your dual sports all around our half million acres if you can't even figure out a scroll bar?

Or maybe it wore y'all out? Take a nap and then see if you can run with the old men... If I come to the camp and ride I'll probably have to carry some of y'all out of the woods when you get hit a little sand (Ocala doesn't have it ALL you know) and wear yourselves out with those handlebars (dual sport scroll bars)...

$bob$
Old 11-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #789
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,734
Glad I wore my boots today!
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:07 AM   #790
epimethea
alcohologist

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHunter
Otherwise learn to use your scroll bars... Jeez...
My poor little 12" monitor is going to self destruct in 5...4...3...2...
epimethea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #791
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh
Glad I wore my boots today!

Yea, it's gettin' kind'a deep ain't it?

I can't wait to get up there and blow Sccaauugghhtt off like a "Big Pig"

Hell, I think my bald-ass sand tires will hold good enough...

Don't you?

I can't remember what size frickin' tires are on my bike

I know the rear is 140x18

What's the front? Somethin' x19, right?

I was thinking about ordering new treads

Do you think I'll need them?

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #792
NoleDiver
trees are hard

Oddometer: 871
Are you bringing cookies?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #793
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel
Do you think I'll need them?
Yes

Them suckers has got to be dry rotted by now?

Perhaps an oil change is in order.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #794
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh
Yes

Them suckers has got to be dry rotted by now?

Perhaps an oil change is in order.
Feck!

I changed the url this year...

I think

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #795
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleDiver