ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #31
Vic-klr
TEETET Aventuras T el T

Oddometer: 252
I have use CN Mexico NT 2010 5.10 and is ok to use in mexico, like hill climber posted, is well ditail of the main road of mexico and city's and small towns (pueblos) I was ameiz to see real small pueblos in my gps went I got lost some wera in the cierras of chihuahua, is well spend money.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #32
Patron
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I upgraded to CN 2010.2 today and don't get the city detail of cities in Mexico like the posted screen shots. Got any idea why I don't get the detail? It seemed to load just fine and the areas in the US look like they are suposed to. I am using a Zumo and when installing the 2010.2 upgrade it asked what portion of the maps I wanted installed since the memory wasn't sufficient to hold the entire map. I chose 49 states; maybe that is the problem. But if there isn't enough memory to load the entire map on the Zumo I would have thought it would have loaded the entire map in MapSource. Wonder whats up with this. Any Ideas?
Patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #33
Hill Climber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Mexico detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patron
I upgraded to CN 2010.2 today and don't get the city detail of cities in Mexico like the posted screen shots. Got any idea why I don't get the detail? It seemed to load just fine and the areas in the US look like they are suposed to. I am using a Zumo and when installing the 2010.2 upgrade it asked what portion of the maps I wanted installed since the memory wasn't sufficient to hold the entire map. I chose 49 states; maybe that is the problem. But if there isn't enough memory to load the entire map on the Zumo I would have thought it would have loaded the entire map in MapSource. Wonder whats up with this. Any Ideas?
I'm not sure why you're not getting the detail, but try setting your map detail (in Mapsource) to the highest setting and see what happens when you zoom into any city in Mexico. If you're able to see the detail, then you should be good to go with loading the map to your gps. I have a 60CSx with an SD card. I highlight just the western part of the USA and all of Mexico and transfer it to the card directly with a card reader/writer (faster than transferring it through a usb cable to your gps). You will be limited to the size of your card or internal memory of you gps AND limited to 2000 (plus a bit) maps.
I'm by no means an expert in this stuff, but hopefully this helps you some.
Cheers, Hill Climber
Attached Images

Hill Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #34
Patron
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I tried most everything and I can't see the detail in Mexico. Then I noticed that in the lower right corner of the screen there is a yellow box that says "Detail locked". So, I went back to garmin's web site and looked at the CN NA 2010 description and noticed that it said that Mexico is Not included when purchasing CNNA 2010. I have no idea why you can see the detail in mexico and mine says "locked". As soon as I move to an area in the US the yellow "detail locked" bar goes away and I can see all the detail. In the maps page CN NA 2010.2 says its unlocked. For some reason you got the whole thing but I am betting that I got what garmin wants to sell with 2010.2.

One other thought. Hill Climber, did you get the DVD version? I downloaded mine. Maybe that is the difference. I wonder if the DVD version gives you Mexico but the download doesn't. If garmin made a mistake and included Mexico on the DVD's they could correct that a lot quicker with the download version but would have to discard a lot of DVD's to correct it with the disks.

Patron screwed with this post 09-30-2009 at 04:34 AM
Patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #35
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,202
Ooooh.
Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #36
Hill Climber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
DVD version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patron
I tried most everything and I can't see the detail in Mexico. Then I noticed that in the lower right corner of the screen there is a yellow box that says "Detail locked". So, I went back to garmin's web site and looked at the CN NA 2010 description and noticed that it said that Mexico is Not included when purchasing CNNA 2010. I have no idea why you can see the detail in mexico and mine says "locked". As soon as I move to an area in the US the yellow "detail locked" bar goes away and I can see all the detail. In the maps page CN NA 2010.2 says its unlocked. For some reason you got the whole thing but I am betting that I got what garmin wants to sell with 2010.2.

One other thought. Hill Climber, did you get the DVD version? I downloaded mine. Maybe that is the difference. I wonder if the DVD version gives you Mexico but the download doesn't. If garmin made a mistake and included Mexico on the DVD's they could correct that a lot quicker with the download version but would have to discard a lot of DVD's to correct it with the disks.
Yes, I have the dvd version. I'm thinking that the download does not include Mexico, or, perhaps the dvd version was a mistake on Garmins part to include Mexico... not sure.. I have a friend that will be upgrading his software by download soon. I'll let you know what happens to his when he does. On a side note, I think it's always best to get the dvd version, and keep your unlock code written down somewhere safe. If your computer crashes, then you can always reload the software without the hassles of contacting Garmin. (I'll be sending you a PM shortly)
Hill Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #37
redpillar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Has anyone ascertained whether or not the CN 2010.2 actually does contain Mexico in the detail above? Sounds like a good deal if it does.!!
redpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #38
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,117
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?...56#coverageTab

this says major mx cities are included in the maps legend.
it also says mx detail not included proabably meaning outside a major city no detail. from user experience sounds like buying NA NT dvd is the way to go, as downloaded files don't seem to have the detail. for the same price who wouldn't you want a dvd in your hand?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?...27#coverageTab
looking at this it appears that buying the mx nt dvd will not yield any better detail than na nt???
anyone confirm??? if this is true then buying the NA NT dvd for $100 gives you canada, us & partial, whereas buying the $60 lower49 & $50 mx. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=253
for $10 more you get all of canada & ak.

the question is the does the mx nt dvd have greater detail than the na nt dvd???
if not then buy the na dvd & the e32 (or bici) for the rest of the detail
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350

eakins screwed with this post 02-11-2010 at 10:53 AM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote