Originally Posted by dfwscotty View Post
Do you have a link to share to the schematic? Looks nice
it's in the building electric clothes thread

sorry I don't have the schematic or exact post on my phone

or PM ZZRon and ask politely, tell him I sent you

parts were like less than $10, except the potting compound

I bought a quart off ebay

the MOSFET is rated something crazy like 80A

I've run Synergy jacket liner 76 watts, homemade vest 24 watts, glove liners 15 watts = 9.58A for hours on trips

to test it I ran it against a 0.5 ohm 20 watt wire wound resistor (=24A) and let it go for 15 min.

PM me tomorrow and I'll search the laptop for either the link or the schematic

seNt fR0m my dR0id3 abUs1ng TapaTalk
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #482
dfwscotty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,196
Greatly appreciated Phreak.

I finally got my reply from Tourmaster a couple days ago for my controller upgrade. If it works cool but good deal to have a back up you know will work.

1999 BMW 1100GS
2012 Kawasaki Concours
dfwscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #483
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"

Oddometer: 7,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwscotty View Post
Greatly appreciated Phreak.

I finally got my reply from Tourmaster a couple days ago for my controller upgrade. If it works cool but good deal to have a back up you know will work.
You will need the warm-n-safe plug or make yer own (see this thread), not a bad idea to have in a pocket anyway, you could add a switched cord and turn it off when necessary.

If I ever get the time, I'm building a dual channel one for permanent mounting on tigger, but instead of a pot, I'm going to use a 4 pos switch Ioff/low/med/hi) and trimpots (to set a low & med setting) on one and just a toggle (hi/off/lo) for the other

seNt fR0m my dR0id3 abUs1ng TapaTalk
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #484
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,587
Just got this email from Tourmaster:

Dear Valued Customer,

We have you on our list for a replacement Synergy controller. Since we have no ETA at this time of when we will receive the new controllers, Tour Master has decided to offer an exchange to you for our new Synergy 2.0 line. The Synergy 2.0 has a newly redesigned controller that offers variable settings and has a trouble-free design. We know you will be more than satisfied with this new controller.

If you are interested in doing an exhange, please fill out the attached form and fax it back to us. We will then issue you an RMA number and email you return instructions.

We appreciate your patience and want to get you on the road again!

Ride Safe,

Lauren Markling
Returns Dept.
Tour Master
www.tourmaster.com
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #485
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
jacket low, gloves high?

Maybe I missed it in here somewhere but, Is it possible to wire the synergy jacket so I can have my gloves on high with my jacket on low??
It seems they decided to wire them together with voltage controlled by the jacket controller.
I realize I could add separate wires but I'd rather use the ones already in the jacket.
I would think they would have plugs somewhere so you could power the gloves separately but I can't find them or find info anywhere online?
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #486
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
Maybe I missed it in here somewhere but, Is it possible to wire the synergy jacket so I can have my gloves on high with my jacket on low??
It seems they decided to wire them together with voltage controlled by the jacket controller.
I realize I could add separate wires but I'd rather use the ones already in the jacket.
I would think they would have plugs somewhere so you could power the gloves separately but I can't find them or find info anywhere online?

Someone will have to confirm this. I think that it is possible with the Synergy 2.0 system because they offer a dual controller. The previous Synergy heated gear (which I have) is linked as one and cannot be controlled independently.

It would be nice to have separate controls for heat of the gloves and jacket, but I never became uncomfortable enough to really get bothered by it. The gloves seem slightly cooler than the jacket but still comfortable. I wanted to see the difference with them unplugged one time and boy could I tell the difference. My hands got cold quick.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #487
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

I guess I may just have to cut into the jacket and change around the wires so I can run a dual controller then. I made my own gloves. They work great but I'd like the gloves warmer than the jacket.
I find it hard to believe that they wired it the way they did with no option to switch it up.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #488
madmaximum
She said we're all idiots

Oddometer: 3,429
I just received my Tourmaster 2.0 jacket today. It did not work. I'll be exchanging it as soon as I hear back from BikeBandit. I do like the new dual controller setup they have now, it's perfect for my setup.

I currently have the earlier version vest and gloves. The gloves came with their own controller, and I usually ran them warmer than the vest. I also use heated socks, and it was perfect to use them off of the plug in the vest.
madmaximum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #489
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum View Post
. The gloves came with their own controller, and I usually ran them warmer than the vest. .
they must have made different versions then as my glove voltage is controlled by the jacket controller.
Ride Reports
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #490
madmaximum

Quote:
they must have made different versions then as my glove voltage is controlled by the jacket controller.
Do you have the tourmaster gloves? The gloves I have are the leather ones.

One of the things I like about tour master is that when you buy one of their products it comes with everything you need to connect to the bike and make heat.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #491
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,412
The original stuff came with a controller for each piece, I have the old gloves which I find to be very good. I still use the original 3 setting controller or if its not too cold you can plug into the jacket. But, its wise to get a real heat troller set up like the new version or there is the warm & safe brand controllers.
sagedrifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #492
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

No. I don't have their gloves, but the issue isnt' the gloves. the problem is the voltage at the glove plug pre installed in the jacket in is reduced by the jacket control.
Ride Reports
Old 09-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #493
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
the original pieces had a controller when you bought the gloves and a controller that came with the jacket. Also the gloves cames with a Y-cord that would allow you to run the power to both controllers and have separate control for the gloves and the jacket. or you can plug the gloves into the jacket but then you only get one controller. take your pick. but in the original package you had everything to wire them separately if you wanted to.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #494
madmaximum

Quote:
No. I don't have their gloves, but the issue isnt' the gloves. the problem is the voltage at the glove plug pre installed in the jacket in is reduced by the jacket control.
Then I agree, your hands will get cold. I think your solution would be a separate heat controller and wiring for the gloves.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #495
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Ya. I was hoping they had a better solution than running another set of wires inside a jacket that already has wires in it.

I'll be cutting into the jacket and rewiring it then.

ps. my hands don't get cold...but my body gets hott!
Ride Reports