Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #286
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknTroll
I think the UNI's, if ya grease the seal, give ya a better seal. The K&N seamed to have a pretty sloppy fit & ya gotta be careful to get it seated correctly. Just my 2 cents..........
The K&N had 2 problems in my XR400 -- if it was really dusty and got really dirty it would plug up and the bike would just about stop running, usually 10 miles from the truck. The foam filters will flex a little and slow down the air flow but don't seem to plug up.

It is a little tricky to seat the filter and prevent bypassing dirty air into the carb.
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #287
Hayduke OP
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,449
Simple. Good.

Rode to the grocery store today... the scenic route.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #288
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Oddometer: 4,080
I am considering a lowering link for my XR (if I decide to keep it). Has anybody removed a lowering link from their bike and wanting to rid of it (??$$)

Otherwise, I am going to be considering some kind of trade or sell/buy a different bike with the majik button (with the same power as mine).

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #289
KrAzyOSUcOwBoY
kRaZy

Oddometer: 110
Kouba Link w/Bearings

I've got one, take off from a 2000 XR4. $75 and I'll cover the shipping. If you're interested shoot me a PM.
KrAzyOSUcOwBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #290
Hayduke OP
///SAFETY THIRD///

PlayzNmud on her XR400R yesterday-

Adventure Stunta's Unite!

I rode Jen's bike a little yesterday... it definitely is harder to kick (more compression?) and where my XR falls on its face at higher RPM's, Jen's keeps pulling. She doesn't know what/if the PO did any engine work to it, but we're guessing it may have a 440 kit?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #291
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke
I rode Jen's bike a little yesterday... it definitely is harder to kick (more compression?) and where my XR falls on its face at higher RPM's, Jen's keeps pulling. She doesn't know what/if the PO did any engine work to it, but we're guessing it may have a 440 kit?
The one I sold to Komito had an 11.5:1 Wiseco (stock bore size) and it didn't feel noticeably harder to kick.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had a 426 or 440 kit in hers if it pulls hard up top.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #292
Hayduke OP
///SAFETY THIRD///

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird
The one I sold to Komito had an 11.5:1 Wiseco (stock bore size) and it didn't feel noticeably harder to kick.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had a 426 or 440 kit in hers if it pulls hard up top.
Yeah... right where mine starts to fall flat, Jen's pulls hard. Mine may have a tiny bit more grunt down low, but something is definitely different with her bike. It's nice and strong. FWIW I think she's wanting to sell it... It' just too damn tall for her.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #293
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Oddometer: 4,080
yup.. I love it too!! cept for when I dump it... on a bad slope... and cannot kickstart it (myself)

therefore.....

I am thinking about selling it...

looking to get the majik button (KTM250 XCW??)

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #294
M.R.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
bump
Old 05-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #295
Siinthai
ODAAT

Oddometer: 58
More questions

I've just picked up my2006 Xr400 motard, in north Thailand and ridden 2600km home via some of the best twisties in the world.....to Phuket.
Lots to work out re suspension etc...think I've got most of it sort of dialled in. Getting a lot of rear wheel chatter when cranked over opening up through a tight corner...????
Power issues: have a Supertrapp pipe on std headers....any thoughts...should I be fitting larger headers and different can,,,sounds great but feels like power is being choked...???? I know...pumper carb....getting there..just want to see what i can do for now.....freight from US is a killer...
Haven't seen or heard too many motards on this thread....not too many in the Us I'm thinking..USD forks ,elec start etc....?
Any help much appreciated and to the kind folks who checked out XR's for me, cheers and will get an order together so can do whole shipment and cut down on freight.
Attached Images

Siinthai screwed with this post 05-01-2008 at 01:18 AM
Siinthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 AM   #296
Siinthai
ODAAT

Road trip

That's the number of bends so far...!!!! Still got 60+km to go....all bends...
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 AM   #297
Siinthai
ODAAT

The bike....
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #298
Siinthai
ODAAT

road tyres and sand....goood combo!!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #299
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siinthai
I've just picked up my2006 Xr400 motard, in north Thailand and ridden 2600km home via some of the best twisties in the world.....to Phuket.
Lots to work out re suspension etc...think I've got most of it sort of dialled in. Getting a lot of rear wheel chatter when cranked over opening up through a tight corner...????
Power issues: have a Supertrapp pipe on std headers....any thoughts...should I be fitting larger headers and different can,,,sounds great but feels like power is being choked...???? I know...pumper carb....getting there..just want to see what i can do for now.....freight from US is a killer...
Haven't seen or heard too many motards on this thread....not too many in the Us I'm thinking..USD forks ,elec start etc....?
Any help much appreciated and to the kind folks who checked out XR's for me, cheers and will get an order together so can do whole shipment and cut down on freight.
hey man...nice looking 06...i was wishing to get the 06 sideboard early last year before i sold my XR4..a friend flew to Japan to find it but unable to find any source there.
about your bike getting choked after getting the exhaust changed,have you done any changes to your carburator jettings and a free flow air filter?
well,i am no expert,but for me its always the thing to do for better performance,Exhaust=bigger jettings and freeflow carburator...most of us here modded YZ 37mm or the 39mm FCRs to our XR,works great.

Well...that's just me...for the minimal cost of upgrades to better fun riding all the way...

I and the gf rode up to phuket last week with the gf and head east to Samui and rented an XR250R and having fun with it exploring the island.

well...i'm into big tanks...my XR400R before i sold it early last year.

my mods on my XR400R.engine complete stock.37mm FCR2,Yoshimura oversized header,Yoshimura Tri-oval muffler,K&N airfilter for road,twinair for dirt,Gadget framegrds,EBC oversized 320mm front rotor,Honda OEM rear luggage rack,Acerbis 25ltr tank,XR250Baja twinheadlamps,Rally toolcompartment bashplate,Acerbis multiplo handguards,EE lower and upper tripple clamp,renthal fatbar,CRF450X headlite.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall

AJ.. screwed with this post 05-01-2008 at 04:08 AM
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #300
Siinthai
ODAAT

Hey AJ,
Nice to find someone this side of the world...
Any good suppliers in Sing for air filters etc ? Could be down there in next week or two for a meeting.
Might be worth while to look down there....

The Supertrapp came with bike so haven't felt anything else.
Std Air filter..looks like shit but no parts here.
Good that you had somre fun up here...you gotta get up to Chiang Mai and Pai area on the Mae Hon Son loop...the best roads around....screaming out for motard riding.