Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #3406
Brewster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
That was meant to point out just how un-anal (or unwilling to spend a dime unless I absolutely have to) I am
You got me thinking, you could have saved a couple dimes if you'd have used 4, 1/4" nuts and bolts versus the 1/2".

But hey, we both got the job done!

Cheers,
Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #3407
Bilbo5775
Wookin' por nub

Oddometer: 71
Talking I thought so....

Quote:
For this area I love it, we usually don't have alot of mud around here but they call them the Rocky Mtns. for a reason. In the rocks they work so much better than any other tire I have ever tried, and most everywhere else they work as good as my old 606's. One place I do notice a failing (if you want to call it that) is fast gravel curves. I ride alot of Forest Service roads to get to and between trailheads and have noticed that it likes to step out a little quicker that a knobby, and I like to steer with the front wheel not the back so it has slowed me down just a touch .
what kind are u using?.....have you tried highway much with em?
Bilbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #3408
radbrad511
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Wink

So, been working on the almost new 2002 XR4 for about 3 weeks. Had been endoed so I took it apart to clean, grease and straighten. Went back together perfectly and was close to ready until I got to the electrical. Was piecing the broken Baja Designs standard D-S kit together and getting a bit fristrated with the previous owners wiring job. I suck at ALL things electrical! Asked advise from Billy at Nicol Racing. He said,"that bike is way to sweet to use that crappy kit!" So, now we are building a custom kit using a 450x headlight and L.E.D. parts. I will post photos when its done (with help from the kids). I want to have a odo, speedo, clock re-setable for D-S rides. Trailtech? Garmin? Want it to be simple to operate because I SUCK at electronics. Any advise is apreciated.
radbrad511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #3409
grub
Requires Supervision

Oddometer: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo5775 View Post
what kind are u using?.....have you tried highway much with em?
I am using the Pirelli, because Johnny Law will check for that DOT cert. in my neighborhood. I have had no issues whatsoever on the asphalt but then I rarely run faster than 60. To be honest I usually have a 13 tooth front sprocket because I am only a few miles from dirt so quite often I am only running about 50.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #3410
Bilbo5775
Wookin' por nub

Oddometer: 71
Thumb Thanks for the info....

Quote:
I am using the Pirelli, because Johnny Law will check for that DOT cert. in my neighborhood. I have had no issues whatsoever on the asphalt but then I rarely run faster than 60. To be honest I usually have a 13 tooth front sprocket because I am only a few miles from dirt so quite often I am only running about 50.
gotta get me some.....
Bilbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #3411
AltRoute
AltRoute

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by radbrad511 View Post
So, been working on the almost new 2002 XR4 for about 3 weeks. Had been endoed so I took it apart to clean, grease and straighten. Went back together perfectly and was close to ready until I got to the electrical. Was piecing the broken Baja Designs standard D-S kit together and getting a bit fristrated with the previous owners wiring job. I suck at ALL things electrical! Asked advise from Billy at Nicol Racing. He said,"that bike is way to sweet to use that crappy kit!" So, now we are building a custom kit using a 450x headlight and L.E.D. parts. I will post photos when its done (with help from the kids). I want to have a odo, speedo, clock re-setable for D-S rides. Trailtech? Garmin? Want it to be simple to operate because I SUCK at electronics. Any advise is apreciated.
Here is what my brother did for his XR 600 - now be careful - you might need a grow-up to help cut out the tricky parts -

AltRoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #3412
radbrad511
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Dear Mr. AltRoute-
You my friend, are a genius! Low cost, low tech and light weight! I am confident that I will be able to install AND program it all by myself. Thank you for your guidance.
radbrad511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #3413
westbh
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbrad511 View Post
I purchased a 2003 XR400 and installed a Trailtech Endurance. Good instructions, easy install, great parts included. Just check sensor pick up before drilling caliper. I had to drill twice, no big deal. I used the rotor bolt magnet included. Included mount on the bar is a little flimsy, but I have not had an issue with it yet. Install was easy and I have been very happy with it.

westbh screwed with this post 05-20-2011 at 02:47 PM
westbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #3414
brixr400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I'm going to install a SIGMA SPORT 1609 with roadbook function.

here the demo
http://www.sigmasport.com/en/produkt...d/bc1609/demo/
Old 05-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #3415
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,557
Sunday Solo ride

As the title suggests I went on a Solo ride today around the dirt rds in the Adelaide Hills, 120 odd kms & back by 11.00am

A few short videos below, because of the crappy weather I used my dual sport helmet & as it does not have a helmet cam mount I used my chesty mount...it not too bad after all, better than I thought it would be anyhow, what you think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Cl34mX-sw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miAB7-E6B4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_-3P7N-CU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1m5wT2u_y0

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #3416
fireflyr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
Changed the fuel line and added a filter. Also added this cool little farkle / vent to the cap. The shop was out of the long vent replacement tubes.

Hopefully it won't vent all over me next time I dump it. Also got a 60 mile ride in thru Caliente and Twin Oaks.
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, #347
2004 XR400R Dual Sport, Baja Designs kit
2005 TTR 125 (son's)
1967 & 1971 Honda Trail 90s
fireflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #3417
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltRoute View Post
Here is what my brother did for his XR 600 - now be careful - you might need a grow-up to help cut out the tricky parts -

Interesting, interesting.

So when's your "brother" going to be able to afford the real thing instead of the play skool version?
Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #3418
Brewster
Adventurer

Quote:
That was meant to point out just how un-anal (or unwilling to spend a dime unless I absolutely have to) I am

Here is the license plate bracket from "Scotts" installed.

Brewster screwed with this post 06-23-2012 at 10:15 PM
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #3419
Brewster
Adventurer

I'm playing with photo's here ...........

NOS 2002 XR400 I picked up a few weeks ago. Just got her plated for dual sport duty.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #3420
Brewster
Adventurer

Trying to downsize my pictures ........

Room for 1 or 2 more.