are you doing a RR of it?
maybe, still waiting on other photos
cirell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #3722
Diravi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Rsw?

I've also ordered a triple clamp from RSW, but no replies from them for a few weeks now

Bullamakanka, have you received your items??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullamakanka View Post
Hi all

Ordered an RSW Triple Clamp and Fork Brace set at the end of last month. Paypal says the transaction has been completed however 20 days later still to get some feedback from RSW Racing. Have sent emails, made overseas phone calls and left a message but still no return communication. Another mate bought similar items early July and also is still waiting over here in Oz for the clamp to arrive or receive an email. http://www.rswracing.com/xr400r.htm

Is Ron @ RSW on holidays or just busy at the moment.

Most purchases usually take about 10 days from USA to get here, the postal backload from the good aussie dollar may also be causing it.

Cheers

Bulla

Edit: Ron was off after knee surgery however his communication processes need to be updated it seems. Posted on in Aug so should be close to getting here I hope.
Diravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #3723
Bullamakanka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diravi View Post
I've also ordered a triple clamp from RSW, but no replies from them for a few weeks now

Bullamakanka, have you received your items??
Not as yet, had to send a dispute note thru paypal before i got an answer from RSW. Item was ordered on 31 July, apparently mailed 12th August, yet to arrive. Another mate had to wait 46 days for his to turn up recently. Ron was apparently off work for knee surgery and got delayed however his lack of communication was disturbing hence my Paypal dispute approach.

Try this phone number as it's different to the one on the site. Hopefully you ahve some luck with phone and emails but don'rt hold your breath.

Ron Wallace
www.rswracing.com
(408) 840-1804

I'm thinking mine is in the hands of the USPS hence the further delay despite paying $30 for shipping. Big delay for post to Australia due to so many Aussies spending money online in the USA.

Edit: Triple clamp and Fork Brace arrived in mail today. Sent by USPS First Class International, would hate to see how long economy class would have taken. All up 32 days from date of purchase to land in Australia from California. Parts look great and can't wait to get them fitted.

Bullamakanka screwed with this post 08-30-2011 at 07:35 PM Reason: Item arrived
Bullamakanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #3724
Brewster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
"I'm thinking mine is in the hands of the USPS hence the further delay despite paying $30 for shipping. Big delay for post to Australia due to so many Aussies spending money online in the USA."

Just as an FYI, I bought a Corbin seat from a fellow in Australia last month and I recieved it in 9 days going to Phoenix, AZ.

Not sure if its slower to Australia from the States or not.

Cheers,
Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #3725
Bullamakanka
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
"I'm thinking mine is in the hands of the USPS hence the further delay despite paying $30 for shipping. Big delay for post to Australia due to so many Aussies spending money online in the USA."

Just as an FYI, I bought a Corbin seat from a fellow in Australia last month and I recieved it in 9 days going to Phoenix, AZ.

Not sure if its slower to Australia from the States or not.

Cheers,
Over 35000 tonnes of mail backlogged at US airports as there isn't enough flights to keep up with demand.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #3726
beat
Double Dutchie

Oddometer: 88
someone ask me for more pics of the lugage rack i made for my xr4 '97, i thought about posting it in farkles but i think it is to much related to the bike.

i chopped the subframe and re welded it. the original mounting holes are used for the rack. new ones have been made for the subframe.

you can see the strut across is not connected to the subframe, i still need to drill holes in the strut so it can be bolted to the welded nuts in the subframe.

beat screwed with this post 09-03-2011 at 02:59 AM
beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #3727
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,279
FYI: Corbin seat for sale

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722286
motowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #3728
Bullamakanka
Adventurer

2000 XR400 rebuild & refresh finally completed

Well it all started as the old girl was getting a little tired and long in tooth while we were riding up at Manar Park back in early July. The usual valve stem issues with about 3-4 mins of good oil smoke residue coming out of the exhaust when starting first in the morning.

A few weeks later after hoping to delay the inevitable rebuild, I gave the Chinchilla Trail ride a go which proved that ignorance of the problem was not an option. After riding a very wet and muddy 60km + in black soil, getting stuck in almost every clay ridden creek that was out there had taken it's toll. Five hours of torture for both machine and rider and the rebuild was long overdue. The bike had turned into a fog machine.

Before photo - only one of the bike in it's old look

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...la1963/051.jpg

What was done:

Frame sandblasted and powdercoated
400 cc turned into 426 cc with rebore, new piston and rings
Stage 2 hotcam
camchain
camchain tensioner
new valves, seals, guides, port and polish of head
new inlet manifold boot
strip down and clean Mikuni 36mm pumper
rejet to 125 main and 12.5 pilot
FMF powerbomb header now in sync with XR's Only competition exhaust
New Front and rear plastics
New side covers
New Vapour speedo
New Polisport headlight
Aluminium rear disc protector
Upgraded suspension front and rear thanks to MPE Suspension ($820)
New ProTaper bars and grips to suit
RSW Racing Triple Clamp
RSW Racing Fork Brace
Gripper Seat Cover

I have had to refit the manual decompressor to the engine as the Stage 2 cam doesnt use the auto-decompressor. So much compression I couldn't kick start it without the risk of breaking the kickstart shaft. Starts after 3 kicks when cold and about 2 when hot - still getting used to the manual decompression system.

Has done 55km no issues so far, heaps more responsive, actually quieter exhaust, suspension upgrade and triple clamps have made the handling fantastic (for an XR rider that is).

Probably a 100% improvement on what is was 10 weeks ago - don't need a new bike now this one will do me fine

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...mpleted001.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...mpleted003.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...mpleted004.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...mpleted002.jpg

Bullamakanka screwed with this post 09-07-2011 at 05:04 AM Reason: Fix photo links
Old 09-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #3729
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 303
Newest addition...

Always wondered how this would work...so I grafted a new fairing on. Still have to take it on a longer run, but it does seem to help with the wind and doesn't really act too much as a sail.

KLR fairing, old VFR? headlight, and some time...
Attached Images

Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #3730
hughrk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
We need a front view of that and how did you mount it? Looks good.
hughrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #3731
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Talking A few more details...

Let's see if I can keep this window up long enough to post without losing everything I've written...bah.

Ok, the aluminum sheet mount (H3035, .050) is bolted on using two of the fork clamp bolts per side, and it's plenty strong that way. The next iteration of the mount will come in another cm or so, as it sits now there's a slight rub between the tank and the fairing, and I've heatgunned the fairing about as much as I want to. Bringing it in a bit will solve the light contact problems...even as it sits it contacts only when I'm almost at full lock. The fairing is from an old KLR650, bought it from a fellow inmate for $20. All fasteners that are new are Al or SS, and I kept wingnuts on them for quick and easy removal. I can pull the windscreen off on the trail if I need more vis, but for now it works pretty well in creating a bubble to hide behind, at speed. The headlight is from a 1985 VF500, got that for $5, got the H4 lamp for another $5. Total cost of the fairing so far is around $50, but that's also because I've gone with new SS fasteners, and those suckers add up. I've still got to make a dash out of ABS to hide the headlamp glare, and hold the GPS's, a roll chart holder, a couple of powerpoints, and some switches. I wanted to make this fairing so it's easily removable, and I can either go to the Baja Designs fairing, or run it naked for trail use only. Not quite there with the easy removability, but the next version will be.

On with the show:
From September 10, 2011 XR4 fairing detail

Neduro to Dakar 2012
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #3732
NorthernFirepower
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullamakanka View Post
New Polisport headlight

I'm looking at new headlight pods and the polisport was one high on the list, how do you like it and do you think it would be road worthy with lighting? Don't really care about DOT spec, just if it shines the ditches/far ahead and adjustable.

PS, bike looks great, the red frame really shines thru.
NorthernFirepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #3733
Wudscrasher
Stand-Up Philosopher

Oddometer: 4,141
Just looking for confirmation I did this right: replaced the badly worn drivetrain (front, rear sprockets & chain). Should the countersprocket have some "play" in it? Not in the drive-plane (front-to-rear), but when you look at it from the left-side of the bike, grab it, should it have play towards and away from you? I installed according to the shop manual, just want to be sure. TIA.

--Wuds
'94 DR 350SER
Wudscrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #3734
Brewster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudscrasher View Post
Just looking for confirmation I did this right: replaced the badly worn drivetrain (front, rear sprockets & chain). Should the countersprocket have some "play" in it? Not in the drive-plane (front-to-rear), but when you look at it from the left-side of the bike, grab it, should it have play towards and away from you? I installed according to the shop manual, just want to be sure. TIA.

--Wuds
Yes, thats correct. An XR countershaft sprocket will have a slight bit of play from side to side.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #3735
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudscrasher View Post

--Wuds
Yep, ditto. Should have play.
Neduro to Dakar 2012