User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #361
skcub
n00b

Oddometer: 3
My bike

Hey guys... I'm new to this site. An active in my local site but now I am trying to venture and exchange views with you guys from all over the world. Anyway here is the pics of my XR. Not really a head turner, but I simply love it... Ride hard guys...

skcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #362
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by skcub
Hey guys... I'm new to this site. An active in my local site but now I am trying to venture and exchange views with you guys from all over the world. Anyway here is the pics of my XR. Not really a head turner, but I simply love it... Ride hard guys...

http://images.denito81.multiply.com/...&nmid=94395058
hey welcome...you want some views from all over the world...hmm...when you can have views from me just a stone throw away from you...heh.

nice bike..
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #363
skcub
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ..
hey welcome...you want some views from all over the world...hmm...when you can have views from me just a stone throw away from you...heh.

nice bike..
Thanks bro... See you around...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #364
Hayduke OP
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by skcub

I love the twin headlight setup.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #365
georgewa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchThrottle
Georgewa,
Honda uses a fairly standard lighting system. I found a diagram on www.4strokes.com There is a blue or light blue and a green or light green wire that run from the headlight to the tail light. Green is ground, and blue is power. I tied in at the connector (connections are on right side under/in front of the gas tank). The factory grounding pole is under the gas tank.
Thanks a million SwitchThrottle, I'll keep you all posted on the progress. I feel you on the life part, I've been swamped with work/home lately. Currently working on getting all the needed parts to get this thing cleaned up and ready to rock. I will do just as you did with the wiring, no regulator, just wire it up front to blinkers and rear to rear.

My front end seems a bit bent, loosened everything up, tried tweaking it back, got much better. Can't tell if it's the triples or the forks themselves, along with the semi tweaked bars. Working with a fellow rider on a nice paypal transaction for nice needed small items (axle, odo gear housing, front master cylinder,triple clamps maybe). Will order the lighting parts asap, can't wait to get out on some nice trails to rip it up. Happy riding all :) P.S. those with spare parts, please let me know...
00 tl1000r
96 fzr600
georgewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:06 AM   #366
skcub
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke
I love the twin headlight setup.
Hi there... Yeah.. I got from a friend who sold off his 650L. Suppose to mount it on another bike but WTH... I was worried that the frame might hit the tank sides when making a turn but I was wrong. I guess Its gonna be there for awhile till another spark ignites in my head.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:45 AM   #367
Freddiev
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Pumper carb

I just bought a Mikuni pumper carb from Xr only. What is the starting procedure for a pumper.Please let me know.

Thanks
Freddiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:26 AM   #368
billyvray
Procrastinator

Oddometer: 113
Import XR4's...

For the gentleman with the imported XR400 (through Florida..)
That site has a decent price. Are these imported bikes hard to get registered?

Sorry, this was more of a supermoto question, I thought I saw the imported bikes link on here...please disregard.

billyvray screwed with this post 05-23-2008 at 06:34 AM Reason: Wrong site!
billyvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #369
ZenMoto
Bikeslut

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddiev
I just bought a Mikuni pumper carb from Xr only. What is the starting procedure for a pumper.Please let me know.

Thanks
Not sure on the Mikuni (I have the Edelbrock), but both are pumpers. Generally I do the usual kick-through with the decompression lever in, then give it 1-2 quick turns of the throttle, then kick. Should fire right up on the first or second kick.

Save $5 on a photo hosting accout at
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg by inserting cupon code R1bXVzHCYtHts
ZenMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #370
Trailryder42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
My procedure is:
Pull the start enrich knob,
pull decomp lever and kick thru half dozen times
release lever, no throttle, kick from TDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddiev

Thanks
Trailryder42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #371
SwitchThrottle
Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer: 1,048
Call me crazy , but I love the XR so much I am thinking of selling my yzf600 and sinkin the cash into the XR to make it my do everything bike. I will need some street wheels (cbr600f1/600 hurricane's should fit). Other than big $$$ for true supermoto setup, does anyone have other bolt on wheel options? I am also thinking about aquiring another set of stock wheels, and lacing up 17in rims. I would like the cbr600 cush drive so that is the route I am leaning. Also....I am thinking of the 400ex e-start conversion for this winter. Does that added weight show it's head in the tight technical stuff? How much more weight is it?
SwitchThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #372
AUS CRUZER
Lets Cruz

Oddometer: 2,409
Quote:
Call me crazy , but I love the XR so much I am thinking of selling my yzf600 and sinkin the cash into the XR to make it my do everything bike. I will need some street wheels (cbr600f1/600 hurricane's should fit). Other than big $$$ for true supermoto setup, does anyone have other bolt on wheel options? I am also thinking about aquiring another set of stock wheels, and lacing up 17in rims. I would like the cbr600 cush drive so that is the route I am leaning. Also....I am thinking of the 400ex e-start conversion for this winter. Does that added weight show it's head in the tight technical stuff? How much more weight is it?
I have lecy start XR 400 and you dont notice the weight.It is bliss.One tap on the start button and off she goes.
AUS CRUZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #373
georgewa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
There's a decent deal on a complete E-start kit for an xr400 on ebay right now. Just a thought, if it's worth 600 to you...

ends today, no bidders as of yet:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...245764781&rd=1
00 tl1000r
96 fzr600
georgewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #374
Hayduke OP
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,571
I got tired of not knowing my speed on the road, so I added a Trailtech Endurance computer.... Not crazy about the flimsy mounting but so far, so good. Lot's of info on this little thing.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #375
SwitchThrottle
Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer: 1,048
I blew my yzf600 motor tonight. The XR is now my only steed. $600....way too much. I can get most of a 400ex motor for that. Money is going into tires for my Maine trip for the XR, and whatever the YZF needs to bring her back to life.

As for the trailtech, it's nice. I went the schwinn bicycle computer route for $20 at Dicks. It runs off a magnet on a spoke, and has multiple wheel diameters to set. Just remember to leave full fork extention slack in the pickup wire when zipting it on.
SwitchThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote