Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #406
Noobens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh.
Noob here, but im missing 1 part to get my cb160 finished. anyone have a lead on or an extra ignition switch bracket? cant mount my ignition switch, and cannot find it anywhere on ebay.

heres a pic before shes running:
I've got one that's not going back on mine. Shoot me an offer.
Noobens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #407
Minnesota Driver
Head greenskeeper

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP...
Minn Driver: If you are still around can you tell me the actual Duplicolor Engine Enamel shade or color? I checked their website and I'm not sure I can find the correct color match to what you used.
Oh yeah... fantastic build ! A huge insparation.
It's DE 1615 Aluminum.

I get it from Summit Racing.
2008 Roketa 50
Minnesota Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #408
meesh.
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobens
I've got one that's not going back on mine. Shoot me an offer.

found one in a pile of junk... thanks though!
meesh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #409
DP...
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Duplicolor paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Driver
It's DE 1615 Aluminum.

I get it from Summit Racing.
Thanx much. I'll post a pic of the world's most expensive CB160 as soon as I get the thing put back together.
dp...
DP... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #410
meesh.
n00b

Oddometer: 7
anyone have a picture of where the rear brake pedal mounts?? i think the piece it mounts to has been chopped off by a previous owner
meesh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #411
Noobens
Gnarly Adventurer

Finally got the fork tube to get into its home after lots of trying. Helps having a seasoned vet around when things get difficult!

Started mocking everything up getting it where I want it. Still wish I had an original tank, but that may have to happen down the road. I've got so much on my plate with this build that I can't justify $600 on a tank when I've got one that already works. I still need to buy pistons and get the cylinders bored, and I'll probably need a new head if the one that came on it isn't salvageable. But I really like the way it's turning out thus far. Definitely going to have to bend the rear fender mounts down so it sits more flush with the tire, but I'll see how it sits when I'm actually on it before I decide to do that.

this is the solution until we get the kickstand mount fabbed. Our lead mechanic goes a little overboard on these types of things haha. Also the orange/red kawasaki in the background is my daily rider :)

Sidenote: If anyone needs side covers I've got some in fantastic condition.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #412
adrenaline
Valentino Rossi Fanatic

Oddometer: 10
I am in need of side covers, but I told myself I need to do things in a progression. I just got my frame and pieces from the powder coaters. I cleaned all of the threads and that is as far as I got. I wanted to install the swing arm but my bushings are bad so that is my top priority is to find new swing arm bushings. I will post up some pics soon.

Cowboy got me inspired to restore my CB160 about a year and a half ago and as far as I got has been to tear down the bike and send the parts to the powder coat. So now I will slowly put it back together. Yours looks great by the way!!
adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #413
Noobens
Gnarly Adventurer

A few days ago I decided to go ahead and finish the battery box removal.

I welded in the holes where the tool box mounted, and sanded flush

Popped off the side cover tabs and sanded the spot welds flush

There was a medium sized dent in the back of the frame

So I welded it in and sanded it smooth

Sprayed it with engine enamel to stop it from rusting prior to powder coating

Love the clean look without the battery box!!

And finally, an angle I think the bike looks really good at

Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #414
Noobens
Gnarly Adventurer

Also FYI - If anyone needs any random bits I've got a bunch of stuff that's not going back on the bike like the stock cables (not in great condition but they work) side covers, tool box with tools, wiring harness, ignition switch, stock peg bracket with kickstand, stock carbs (have harvested some of the bits already for other old Hondas to get back on the street), etc. It's all for sale or I will trade the whole lot for a stock gas tank!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #415
Sparke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
CB160 Project for the GiroUSA

I too am working on a CB160 project and have been watching this thread. I picked up my bike by running a Craigs List want ad and got a call on the second day. I bought the bike after hearing it run but without riding it. It's in decent shape with a half dozen small issues, none too serious to be discouraged. I got the bike running nicley with a minimum of trouble and have had a cruise in the 45-50 mph range, on the dried up tires.
I have been scanning ebay for a few items and even found a correct front fender in repairable condition. I still need a few more parts including a left side air filter in rebuildable condition I can put new paper on if I have the metal and rubber part , a steering dampner friction disk, speedo, 1 float bowl and 2 chrome tubes for the front forks of the later design.
If anyone can help with these parts please contact me.

My plan is to do a general spruce-up now. paint the sheet-metal and upgrade the chrome. I do not want to go too crazy until I am snowed in this winter...then I will completley dismantle and restore everything. I hope to run the Giro USA next spring.

Sparke screwed with this post 09-02-2010 at 09:06 PM
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #416
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,430
Well I've been following this threat for a year and between this and Jehu's posts of CB160's in the cafe racer thread I haven't been able to get it out of my head. This summer I finally learned to weld and so this winter I'm going to put my money where my ass sits and build a race frame but in order to do it with less consequences I'm going to do it around a CB175. I've been looking for over a month and this past weekend I found this:

After looking for a month this bike showed up... in my garage. It belonged to a friend and garage mate and was parked behind my 950 but I never noticed it in the mess of bikes that make up our space. Suddenly there it was - a CB175 sloper - exactly the bike I was looking for. It went quick, "Hey, who's CB is in the loading dock?", "Aron's? really? You want to sell it?", "I don't know, what do you want? $200? Okay." and then the bike was moved back upstairs one space over...

The plan is to use the bike as a platform for my fabrication skills. I'll build my own Seeley replica frame and make my own tank and seat from aluminum. I'm not sure how much I'll want to do on the engine but the rest I'm eager to get going on. After my other 5 projects...

Well, I'll let you know how it goes when it goes.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #417
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama
Well I've been following this threat for a year and between this and Jehu's posts of CB160's in the cafe racer thread I haven't been able to get it out of my head. This summer I finally learned to weld and so this winter I'm going to put my money where my ass sits and build a race frame but in order to do it with less consequences I'm going to do it around a CB175. I've been looking for over a month and this past weekend I found this:

After looking for a month this bike showed up... in my garage. It belonged to a friend and garage mate and was parked behind my 950 but I never noticed it in the mess of bikes that make up our space. Suddenly there it was - a CB175 sloper - exactly the bike I was looking for. It went quick, "Hey, who's CB is in the loading dock?", "Aron's? really? You want to sell it?", "I don't know, what do you want? $200? Okay." and then the bike was moved back upstairs one space over...

The plan is to use the bike as a platform for my fabrication skills. I'll build my own Seeley replica frame and make my own tank and seat from aluminum. I'm not sure how much I'll want to do on the engine but the rest I'm eager to get going on. After my other 5 projects...

Well, I'll let you know how it goes when it goes.

Gregor
Get crackin'!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #418
mtomarchio
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Horn/Dimmer Switch Assembly

I've recently hit a wall in the progress of my 1965 CB160. When I got the bike, the horn/headlight dimmer assembly was in pieces. I think that I have a general idea of how the thing should be put together, but without a good diagram I can't be completely certain. I'm also worried that I might be missing a small part that I'm not aware of. So far, trying to put this thing together has been a bit of a nightmare. All the pieces are very small.

Does anyone have any advice for getting this thing reassembled? I'd also be open to purchasing a new one to avoid the hassle. If anyone has a spare that they'd care to sell or knows where I could get one I'd really appreciate it. I did a little looking around online, but I wasn't sure what the part # I should be looking for.
mtomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #419
Noobens
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomarchio
I've recently hit a wall in the progress of my 1965 CB160. When I got the bike, the horn/headlight dimmer assembly was in pieces. I think that I have a general idea of how the thing should be put together, but without a good diagram I can't be completely certain. I'm also worried that I might be missing a small part that I'm not aware of. So far, trying to put this thing together has been a bit of a nightmare. All the pieces are very small.

Does anyone have any advice for getting this thing reassembled? I'd also be open to purchasing a new one to avoid the hassle. If anyone has a spare that they'd care to sell or knows where I could get one I'd really appreciate it. I did a little looking around online, but I wasn't sure what the part # I should be looking for.
do you just need the switch and switch housing? I've got one that's not going back on the bike.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #420
Sparke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Need a cb160 float bowland more

Hello Noobens

I PM ed you about some of the parts you had available about a week ago...perhaps it did not get to you. Please PM me ....Thanks
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote