Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #16
gweaver
Wandering between rooms

Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro
One idea is that I think all exhausts that mount with a strap (vs an integrated mount) could be used on either side, so if your buddy has Akros or something along those lines, you can buy one from him if you both go 2 - 1.
So...anyone interested in going halfsies on a set? Or if anyone's interested in this swap and wants to sell me a used can? If Neduro's looking at a 6-8 week lead, we have some time.

G
gweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #17
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,613
What were the rwhp and trq numbers?......do you have the full graph so we can see the #'s vs. the rpm?....

without the 2-2 with the baffles out graph this test doen't really show an apples to apples test.....

Nowwhat screwed with this post 02-17-2008 at 08:39 PM
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,456
neduro,

What are the dimensions of the stock muffler and the aftermarket muffler you might use? What is the volume?

I have added and extra emergency tank on my wifes XT225. I fabricated it with the intension of making the bike look had it had dual exhaust. I fabricated a 2" oval to look similar to a FMF muffler. if the volume is close to what you are looking to add with the muffler volume it is a very simple fabrication out of sheet alumminum or pipe.

I made this out on stainless since the pipe shop has the material handy.

I thought I could purchase the end cap from FMF to make it look right but found out I could not. I was hopping that I could run a fuel line to the carb, but the tank seemed too low. This gives about a 1/2 gallon extra fuel which extends the range about 30 miles.

If I remember correctly (don't have my pipe chart handy) 4" pipe about a ft long should give you about 1 1/2 gallons. I need to check, but it sounds about right. 4" pipe has 4 times the volume of 2" pipe.

For what it's worth. And as I look at this post. Way more information then you need.

Cigar Mike
Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #19
Desert Yeti
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver
So...anyone interested in going halfsies on a set? Or if anyone's interested in this swap and wants to sell me a used can? If Neduro's looking at a 6-8 week lead, we have some time.

G
Just put a new set of Akra's on mine, I'll be interested in selling one once the 2-1 Y pipe is released :) Send me a PM.

05 KTM 300 MXC
07 KTM 950 SE-R
Desert Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
Kieth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Y Pipe

I am interested in a 2 into one Y for a 950 adventure. Let me know when you need dollars. I am interested in the 2 gallon fuel tank also, I have a friend who knows about roto moulding should I ask him about mold costs, they are usually less than other molds. Kieth in Tulsa 918-446-2245
Kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #21
GoNOW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
Always looking for more fuel and/or water storage. Maybe make the tank out of aluminum? It would cost more for each tank, but it would have no mold cost. Just need to make a cardboard template then take that down to a metal works guy. I know a guy who can do it, depending on the complexity. Stainless would be cool.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #22
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
What were the rwhp and trq numbers?......do you have the full graph so we can see the #'s vs. the rpm?....
I'll post the actual data when I figure out how to open it, I finally got the dealership to mail the runs to me but they are in a format I'm not familiar with. I've got a couple leads on opening them, will do so as soon as I can and get them here.

HP #'s were in the mid 80's. It's not clear what correction (if any) they were running for altitude, but I think it's safe to say that their dyno reads big horses and fewer of them.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:41 AM   #23
GSteve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Definetly interested in smoother power, less weight and more fuel. Standing by.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #24
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
I'll post the actual data when I figure out how to open it, I finally got the dealership to mail the runs to me but they are in a format I'm not familiar with. I've got a couple leads on opening them, will do so as soon as I can and get them here.

HP #'s were in the mid 80's. It's not clear what correction (if any) they were running for altitude, but I think it's safe to say that their dyno reads big horses and fewer of them.
Sounds right. My bike on a Dynojet at Reno(4600' el.) started at 77hp. Got her up to 89 so far. Here's my average dyno crap.
CF:SAE Smoothing :5
temp 72-73, 25.6-25.7 in.Hg, Humidity 26-30%, SAE: 1.17
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #25
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,573
I've (briefly) ridden Ned's bike with the 2-into-1 setup, and I'd say you would be hard pressed to tell the difference hp and torque wise. The real reason to go this way is for weight savings and for more space for an aux. fuel tank, IMHO. It looks really trick, too.

Hayduke screwed with this post 02-22-2008 at 11:54 AM
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #26
rigger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
info

any more info on this? would like to see the side tank.
rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
Katoum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 711
The auxillary tank availability would be the key for me to make this upgrade. Any word on the tank
Katoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 AM   #28
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
A few updates:

1) Pyndon was in town, looked at my tank, and said "we can do better". We've got a new concept for shape that I'm working on, as soon as I get a reasonably good prototype together I'll post pics. Wings loaned me her 990, so I've got the chance to work on it side by side with the SE- the tank will be designed to work on both bikes. It carries the weight much further forward and lower than the first attempt, and looks much more like the rear tanks of a rally bike, rather than the up high and far back first draft.

I can't commit to a timeline for the tank yet. I'm closing in on the shape right now. The next step will be to get it accurately drawn, including all the mounting brackets and so on, and then I can work on production. Best case scenario is about 2 months... but don't hold me to that... .

2) We have found a source for single Remus exhausts, so it will be possible to buy the 2->1 with or without a can. Pricing is tbd, but it will be much(!) cheaper to buy our 2 -> 1 and a single can, rather than just the cans for the 2 into 2 system.

3) The ADV collector pipe is different from the SE. Since I started with the SE, that'll be available first. I should have the first piece to test and approve in the next couple of weeks, as soon as I do I'll post pictures. The ADV piece will follow.

I'll start taking orders for the SE piece as soon as I've tested the production part, since by then I'll have a pretty solid timeline. There will be a discount for pre-orders.

Thanks for the interest!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #29
Katoum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 711
Quote:
A few updates:

1) Pyndon was in town, looked at my tank, and said "we can do better". We've got a new concept for shape that I'm working on, as soon as I get a reasonably good prototype together I'll post pics. Wings loaned me her 990, so I've got the chance to work on it side by side with the SE- the tank will be designed to work on both bikes. It carries the weight much further forward and lower than the first attempt, and looks much more like the rear tanks of a rally bike, rather than the up high and far back first draft.

I can't commit to a timeline for the tank yet. I'm closing in on the shape right now. The next step will be to get it accurately drawn, including all the mounting brackets and so on, and then I can work on production. Best case scenario is about 2 months... but don't hold me to that... .

2) We have found a source for single Remus exhausts, so it will be possible to buy the 2->1 with or without a can. Pricing is tbd, but it will be much(!) cheaper to buy our 2 -> 1 and a single can, rather than just the cans for the 2 into 2 system.

3) The ADV collector pipe is different from the SE. Since I started with the SE, that'll be available first. I should have the first piece to test and approve in the next couple of weeks, as soon as I do I'll post pictures. The ADV piece will follow.

I'll start taking orders for the SE piece as soon as I've tested the production part, since by then I'll have a pretty solid timeline. There will be a discount for pre-orders.

Thanks for the interest!
Great news, let me know when your ready to take deposits.
Katoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #30
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,543
Do you think the Adv extra tank will keep similar lines to the stock rear panel or would it portrude under the existing lines? Most of the volume needed, I would think, would be obtained from removing the can.

I'm interested but am currently broke
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote