Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #271
Yostwerks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Here's my 91 Pan European atop Loveland Pass, Colorado. I bought the ST 1100 new in 91, and put about 75,000 trouble free miles on her before
selling the bike in 08. I preferred the ST 1100 to both my 97 Connie and 05 FJR 1300, and as a result the older Honda outlived them both

I replaced the Honda with an 08 Triumph Sprint ST, and have no regrets as the Sprint eats up the mountain twisities where I live better than any of my
earlier Sport Tourers. (See pics below)

I sometimes miss riding the silky smooth ST 1100.... a perfect bike for what it was designed to do.

Loveland Pass .... Last ride on the ST 1100 in Sept 2008.

The Triumph triple atop Loveland Pass last week. The Sprint puts the "Sport" in Sport Touring

Same day... different Pass. The Sprint and my old FJR atop Hoosier Pass while on the road to Breckenridge for a day of cycling.

Yostwerks screwed with this post 07-20-2010 at 02:43 PM
Yostwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #272
FXRBILL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yostwerks
Here's my 91 Pan European atop Loveland Pass, Colorado. I bought the ST 1100 new in 91, and put about 75,000 trouble free miles on her before
selling the bike in 08. I preferred the ST 1100 to both my 97 Connie and 05 FJR 1300, and as a result the older Honda outlived them both

I replaced the Honda with an 08 Triumph Sprint ST, and have no regrets as the Sprint eats up the mountain twisities where I live better than any of my

I sometimes miss riding the silky smooth ST 1100.... a perfect bike for what it was designed to do.

Loveland Pass .... Last ride on the ST 1100 in Sept 2008.

The Triumph triple atop Loveland Pass last week. The Sprint puts the "Sport" in Sport Touring

Same day... different Pass. The Sprint and my old FJR atop Hoosier Pass while on the road to Breckenridge for a day of cycling.
Show them the Falco.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #273
Yostwerks
Gnarly Adventurer

FXRBILL wrote:
Quote:
Show them the Falco.
Sure ! The Falco does double duty.... Sport bike and Super-Sport touring ( 2 pics)

Sport ..... She's a keeper

Sport Touring .... Givi panniers and top box plus helibars make it into a respectable touring bike. Snowshoes are optional
Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #274
Zeekster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
That Falco is SWEET! Geeberz! either way its "way cool"! Oh! the trumpets not to bad either...Way to go Dude...
The only time you have too much fuel...is when yer on fire...Mario Andretti
Zeekster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:06 AM   #275
kruz50
too old to care

Oddometer: 3
Laugh g'day mate..don't feel bad about a dirty bike,i never clean mine just ride it

kruz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 AM   #276
kruz50
too old to care

Wicked g'day

[quote=number9]It's actually the Laminar Combo (screen & lip) and it works very well. Same as Rackmans in the pic above your post I quoted. I tried a couple screens and did LOTS of reading and searching on the forums and came to the decision that the majority of 1100 guys like the Laminar combo out of the screens they have tried. I got one and agree. I can see over it fine and it does nearly eliminate the buffeting on my helmet - and it is more laid back than the stock screen so it's not a big barn door sticking up there killing the fuel mileage on long tours. I use it in the spring/fall/winter and summer if I am going somewhere that I know will be heavy in the bug department. For general summer use I run the screen in the first pic I posted, which is a Givi +1.5" smoke that came with the bike (actually, it's also in the pic of 3 at DG and on the road after) that I cut down 4". This allows nice clean air hitting my helmet (almost like standing up on the bike) and lots more air to hit my body and cool me down.

..[/quote.. yep, i fitted a lip & ears & i find they are bloody good.i ride with an open face helmet & have no probs...the worst thing to ride thru are grass hoppers,ya bike ends up yellow & it stinks... i will post a pic of my bike when i figure out how to do it...lol... and no i won't be cleaning it.
its my only transport...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:51 AM   #277
kruz50
too old to care

Laugh g'day

how the hell do you put up a pic ???????
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #278
TheRackman OP
RideTodayItMayBeYourLast!

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruz50
how the hell do you put up a pic ???????

CHECK THIS LINK OUT.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919
2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-SM5
TheRackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #279
Gizmo
Hermes

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta88
Here's my Rally Ready ST on the most ADV-type ride I've taken it on - 7 miles up a gravel road to get this pic for a Photo Tour last summer. For me, this is the best bike I've ever owned for the type of riding that I wanted it for, (which does NOT include gravel roads ).

Is that top case a Honda accessory or aftermarket?

Bruce
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul
09' BMW K1200 LT
IBA # 8547
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #280
TheRackman OP
RideTodayItMayBeYourLast!

Oddometer: 375
Excellent Picture!

2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-SM5
TheRackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #281
Tifighter
thread killer

Oddometer: 472
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yostwerks

Small world. I traded a 06 Sprint ST for a 06 ST1300 ABS. Aren't toys fun?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #282
Tifighter
thread killer

Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Is that top case a Honda accessory or aftermarket?
That's the factory case that's for the Euro market; not sold in the US. Most people, like myself, ordered it from the UK...
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #283
Wambo
On the road to nowhere

Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifighter
Small world. I traded a 06 Sprint ST for a 06 ST1300 ABS. Aren't toys fun?
So, how do you like it compared to the Sprint? Does the ST have as much heat issues as the Sprint? I've ridden a few Sprints but not an ST-Yet! It's on my short list of bike to try and maybe own.

2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Wambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #284
Tifighter
thread killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambo
So, how do you like it compared to the Sprint? Does the ST have as much heat issues as the Sprint? I've ridden a few Sprints but not an ST-Yet! It's on my short list of bike to try and maybe own.
They are different things. The 1050 Sprint is sportier for sure. The Honda is a lot more comfortable. My Sprint had the TOR exhaust, which helped the heated seat issue that a lot of people have. The thicker Corbin probably helped too. The engine itself kicks off heat, of course, but I never really had an issue with it; anything engine over a liter is going to be warm.

The ST13 is a little different. I don't really think the engine kicks off much more heat if any, but the lower fairing seems to give a lot more protection, which might make it feel warmer to some. I rode it once in the 103 degree range wearing a Roadcrafter; I lived but did buy a nice BMW summer jacket the next week. That's obviously not the Honda's fault...

I see you are in Portland. I've only been in Cali for a year, and lived life long in Seattle prior. The ST13 is an awesome NW bike because of that protection. I test rode it back to back with a FJR on a typical NW spring day (gray, wet and brrr), and the ST was a lot less chilly. The FJR was nice: like a long wheelbase Sprint ST with slower handling and an electric windscreen. I also rode the RT and liked it, but can't get past my personal BMW ReliabiliPhobia. Try them all...YMMV.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #285
Yostwerks
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The FJR was nice: like a long wheelbase Sprint ST with slower handling and an electric windscreen.
I owned a 2005 FJR and believe me, it was nothing like the Sprint. The Sprint is much more like a Ducati ST_ or an
Aprilia Futura. I liked my ST1100 and Concours much more than the FJR.

For a wicked sounding Sprint, try some triple D&D cans. Wear your earplugs