Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #676
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanman View Post
Actually, the entire electrical system is on the same ground.
Yes and no is the best response I can give on that one. I have a pretty good understanding of K bike wiring and like I said, it's my best GUESS as to what was really going on.

(PS: I've got the BMW OEM wiring diagrams, not that shitty stuff from Clymer and Haynes.)

But hey, if it made your shit work then I'm down with that.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #677
lukeman
Cool Hand

Oddometer: 453
Anyone put a deposit down on the K1600?
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #678
gdspdblkdemperor
Captain Bavaria

Oddometer: 590
Hey Luke, did you ever put the progressive fork springs in? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm looking to upgrade both F&R suspension in the near future.

Just put some HID's on the ol' gal as well as a supertrapp exhaust. Putting some Heidenau K60's on soon, and about $500 worth of new parts (piston rings, gaskets, etc.) Should be running even better than it has been pretty soon.
Go Fast: ZenMoto
Trans-Am Cycle Sales
gdspdblkdemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:42 AM   #679
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdspdblkdemperor View Post
Putting some Heidenau K60's on soon,
wait wait wait....is that a dual sport tire that fits the K75?

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #680
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #682
gdspdblkdemperor
Captain Bavaria

Quote:
I reckon you could consider it a DS tire. I've heard them compared to Metzeler Tourances as far as off-road capability. Look em up on Google images to see the tread pattern. The main seller for me is the decent off-road capability and that they're tubeless. Decent life too, round 8K for the rear (YMMV).
Trans-Am Cycle Sales
Old 12-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #683
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrstrich View Post
Yer helmet strap is loose. Wazzup with that?
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #684
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Quote:
I reckon you could consider it a DS tire. I've heard them compared to Metzeler Tourances as far as off-road capability. Look em up on Google images to see the tread pattern. The main seller for me is the decent off-road capability and that they're tubeless. Decent life too, round 8K for the rear (YMMV).
I can't find the K60 in the right size on Heidenau website. I see the K65 in the right size. Do you have link for buying the K60s in the right size?

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
Old 12-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #685
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
Anyone put a deposit down on the K1600?
no I already have a car
87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #686
lukeman
Cool Hand

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Hey Luke, did you ever put the progressive fork springs in? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm looking to upgrade both F&R suspension in the near future.

Just put some HID's on the ol' gal as well as a supertrapp exhaust. Putting some Heidenau K60's on soon, and about $500 worth of new parts (piston rings, gaskets, etc.) Should be running even better than it has been pretty soon.
What is your HID solution? How loud did you make the exhaust? Did you get the black one? I need some pics! haha

Yeah i put the new springs in about a month ago. I got the hyperpro kit because I liked the idea of the variable sprung spring as opposed to the two stage that seem to be offered by others. I haven't taken too many long trips but the difference is night and day. I also changed the weight of the fork oil to 20 which might be a bit too stiff for shitty DC roads. 15wt might be idea for me. All in all the front dive is greatly reduced, I'd say from like 3-4 inches before on a fairly quick stop to about an inch. The feel around the bends is so much more stable and doesn't get all mushy on me like it used to.

There is a ~4 inch plastic spacer that gets tossed out and covered by the longer spring in the kit which makes a lot more sense to me. More spring, greater latitude for spring to function...

As far as the rear shock, the Realm Engineered on seems to be getting rave reviews over on k-bikes.com and the price won't kill you. No reason to drop big bucks on an ohlins or anything. And the oem is a POS.

I think you might want to look into some heated grips if you don't have them already, I can't remember if they are on your bike or not. You can get the switch for like 20 bucks and some aftermarket elements cheap too. Nice clean install.
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #687
durtwurm
Talented Amateur

Oddometer: 4,409
I owned two K bikes. A K75S and one K75T. Loved 'em both. Here's a photo of my S. Mostly me in the photo as my thirteen year old daughter took the photo.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #688
gdspdblkdemperor
Captain Bavaria

Question

Quote:
I can't find the K60 in the right size on Heidenau website. I see the K65 in the right size. Do you have link for buying the K60s in the right size?
What size are your rims? I've got the 18 inch F&R. Putting a 140/80-18 on the rear and a 110/90-18 on the front. I'm getting them from the shop I work at. We might be able to ship to you if need be.
Trans-Am Cycle Sales
Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #689
gdspdblkdemperor
Captain Bavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
What is your HID solution? How loud did you make the exhaust? Did you get the black one? I need some pics! haha

Yeah i put the new springs in about a month ago. I got the hyperpro kit because I liked the idea of the variable sprung spring as opposed to the two stage that seem to be offered by others. I haven't taken too many long trips but the difference is night and day. I also changed the weight of the fork oil to 20 which might be a bit too stiff for shitty DC roads. 15wt might be idea for me. All in all the front dive is greatly reduced, I'd say from like 3-4 inches before on a fairly quick stop to about an inch. The feel around the bends is so much more stable and doesn't get all mushy on me like it used to.

There is a ~4 inch plastic spacer that gets tossed out and covered by the longer spring in the kit which makes a lot more sense to me. More spring, greater latitude for spring to function...

As far as the rear shock, the Realm Engineered on seems to be getting rave reviews over on k-bikes.com and the price won't kill you. No reason to drop big bucks on an ohlins or anything. And the oem is a POS.

I think you might want to look into some heated grips if you don't have them already, I can't remember if they are on your bike or not. You can get the switch for like 20 bucks and some aftermarket elements cheap too. Nice clean install.
I used the HID's from O'Reilly auto parts, which actually are working really well. Just bolted them on to my existing DIY lightbar. They've got internal ballasts. As for the exhaust, I found a supertrapp on eBay off a K75S for $75. It's got the disc pack and everything, and it's got a nice growl to it

I'll be doing the suspension in the near future, thanks for the tips! I will probably be installating heated grips when I move back east. I'm keeping my eyes open for the 50amp alternator too.

I'll take some pics tomorrow!
Trans-Am Cycle Sales
Old 12-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #690
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Quote:
What size are your rims? I've got the 18 inch F&R. Putting a 140/80-18 on the rear and a 110/90-18 on the front. I'm getting them from the shop I work at. We might be able to ship to you if need be.
This is the website I was looking at: http://www.moto-amore.com/heidenau/n...uctsnew_b.html

I see the 140/80-18 but not the 110/90-18, hence the confusion. Once my Metzelers run out, I may be in touch with you.