ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #781
madisonreid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I love free beer. Marina District? Union Street? Noonish on Tuesday?

(Mitchell Brothers would work too. Do they have bacon sammiches there? That would be an ADV trifecta.)
You still planning to stop by Larry's ?
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #782
duck
Banned
 
duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle (Berkeley with rain)
Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
You still planning to stop by Larry's ?
Yep, Monday morning if he's around.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #783
madisonreid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Yep, Monday morning if he's around.


Having fun down there? Weather still sucks up here.....TAKE YOUR TIME
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #784
duck
Banned
 
duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle (Berkeley with rain)
Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
Having fun down there? Weather still sucks up here.....TAKE YOUR TIME
It's only 80. Good thing I leave a mesh jacket down here.

I saw that it got down into the teens last weekend - yikes!
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #785
madisonreid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
It's only 80. Good thing I leave a mesh jacket down here.

I saw that it got down into the teens last weekend - yikes!
Yes, we are enjoying Seattle's reputation for weather....Thank God for heated grips.
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #786
ramon
weezin' the juice!
 
ramon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: California
Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I love free beer. Marina District? Union Street? Noonish on Tuesday?

(Mitchell Brothers would work too. Do they have bacon sammiches there? That would be an ADV trifecta.)

Noon Tuesday is perfect. You pick the location and I'll be there
__________________
"...if you don't like the price then move on because I don't give a shit...it's my bike and I will sell it for whatever I want." Craigslist SF posting
ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #787
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer
 
chasbo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Prescott, Arizona
Oddometer: 1,536
I am starting to put together the parts to bring my K75 back to life. Hopefully I will get it running in the next few weeks.
__________________
"Dakar must be a race for few people, Dakar is a dream, the dream of the Rose Lake, if everybody finish it, the dream is over" Fabrizio Meoni
chasbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #788
duck
Banned
 
duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle (Berkeley with rain)
Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon View Post
Noon Tuesday is perfect. You pick the location and I'll be there
I just checked the weather and it looks like Tuesday is still the best day to ride the coast. (It's always best to ride mid-week days in the off season.)

How about The Cliff House? Should be easy to find parking there, right?

Not sure on exact timing. Planning to camp south of Big Sur at Kirk Creek Campground on Monday night and then make a brief stop at Wunderlich along the way. So it'll depend upon when I get my ass out of bed to break camp and traffic once I hit the Bay Area.

I'll PM you my cell number.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #789
duck
Banned
 
duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle (Berkeley with rain)
Oddometer: 10,403
Here's an ADV salute to all of you K bike riders out there:

duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #790
ChuckS
Adventurer Wannabe
 
ChuckS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Too Close to Detroit
Oddometer: 639
New (to me) K bike rider here. I was sacrilegious and a attached a hack to her. What a ride!

__________________
SPOT track of my Newfoundland adventure
What? Me Worry?

1993 K1100LT w/Ural hack
DL650 K4
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #791
seantx
Studly Adventurer
 
seantx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: waco, tx
Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Here's an ADV salute to all of you K bike riders out there:

Made it to the city about 4:00 this afternoon.

Stopped on one of the turnouts right after Big Sur to take a pic and the wind blew the bike off the stand. LS mirror is toast, latch for LS bag that attaches it to the pass peg popped the rivets completely off and the fairing is scratched and missing chunks in places.
seantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #792
lukeman
Cool Hand
 
lukeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Washington DC
Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantx View Post
Made it to the city about 4:00 this afternoon.

Stopped on one of the turnouts right after Big Sur to take a pic and the wind blew the bike off the stand. LS mirror is toast, latch for LS bag that attaches it to the pass peg popped the rivets completely off and the fairing is scratched and missing chunks in places.
Must have been a hell of a gust. Never seen my bike move from its center-stand unless a french nanny decides to hit the gas instead of the brake. Le sorry...
__________________
┌────────────────────────────────
2010 - DC to Gaspé, QC
2008 - DC to Panamá
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #793
seantx
Studly Adventurer
 
seantx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: waco, tx
Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
Must have been a hell of a gust. Never seen my bike move from its center-stand unless a french nanny decides to hit the gas instead of the brake. Le sorry...
On the side stand.

This is the second time that has happened. The first time it was unloaded and I caught it just as I turned to walk away. Both times it was on a hard surface. Also the wind was unbelievable - even for the coast. No explanation for the first near drop. I've never trusted the sidestad since and certainly never will again.
seantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #794
duck
Banned
 
duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle (Berkeley with rain)
Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
New (to me) K bike rider here. I was sacrilegious and a attached a hack to her. What a ride!

Get a K1100RS rear wheel and put a car tire on it.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #795
ChuckS
Adventurer Wannabe
 
ChuckS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Too Close to Detroit
Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Get a K1100RS rear wheel and put a car tire on it.
I'm all ears! What car tire fits the RS rear?

Any issues? (I mount my own after a local dealer failed to seat the bead on one of my tires)
__________________
SPOT track of my Newfoundland adventure
What? Me Worry?

1993 K1100LT w/Ural hack
DL650 K4
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014