ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #76
wagonpilot
Freeeeze
 
wagonpilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Montrose Colorado
Oddometer: 1,050
Since my last post in this thread mine has been on three camping (riding) trips including a long weekend to the Mojave.



Because of it we get to bring all our crap to places like this:



It is great. We did blow a turbo resonator on it in Palm Springs. Replaced with a billet unit from the aftermarket.

I still love this dang thing. Hopefully it will continue to be the shit.
wagonpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #77
OldBMWMaster
Banned
 
OldBMWMaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasure Island, NC 28449
Oddometer: 4,185
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaTrans
www.fastenal.com we sell used fleet vehicles including Dodge Sprinters
No used springters there...only fasteners.

I searched "sprinter" and it corrected my spelling to "printer".
OldBMWMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #78
MountainMan
accelerating
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Grinzing, Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 4,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousracer
you sure it only gets 21 to 23?
beside head room i think the e series is better. and much cheaper. i wanted one but glad i bought what i bought.
yes, 21-24 is all they get..
and you can stand upright if your less than 6'5" tall.

Glad you like your Ford. The E350 we had with a 351 would never get more than 14.. and that was babying it. Pulling something? 4-8 depending. We used to put 100k+ miles per year on them with chicken catching crews all over the south.. (yes 100 thousand miles per year )

With the 7.3 Powerstroke in an E350 you can get 16-19 on the highway, regardless of whats befind you.. Thats what we swapped the crews over to.

notgonnahappen.com with the gasser
__________________
Go Ned!
Support Ned Here
MountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 PM   #79
Fitero
Just One of Billions
 
Fitero's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Portland. Oregon
Oddometer: 225
My buddy has had his for going on 2 years. I nagged him until he got one.
He sais it is the best tool he has bought. He uses it for his home theater installation business. Short gears, running around these hills, loaded to the teeth, and it still gets 21 mpg. No maintenance issues either.
Has the world's worst stereo speakers though...Man they sound bad.
__________________
Soy un AGONIAS!!!
Fitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #80
gadgetgurl
Adventurer
 
gadgetgurl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada
Oddometer: 40
I picked up a used 2005 140" wheelbase, high roof Dodge Sprinter about two months ago. Had about 120,000 kms.. Cleaned it out (see the "before" pictures), and then had the walls and ceiling insulated and finished with Kemlite (white "pebbly" impervious material). Also put in a new floor, new partition with sliding door, big honkin' ramp, 1500 watt power inverter, a cabinet for oil & aerosols, tie down bars, and coat & helmet hangers (see the "after" pictures).

Plan to use it to haul my race bike and camping gear. From time-to-time, I might haul my friend's bike as well. So far, so good. When I got it, I only had to replace the rotors and fix the side mirror. Gets just over 20 MPG. Thought it would get better mileage (like around 26).

When I get photos of all our gear in the van, I will post again.

Before




Spent about 9 days using a heat gun and varsol to clean out the black "gunk" that the previous owner had sprayed inside the van. I don't know what that shit was, but it was ashphalt-based and a PITA to remove.


During







After








__________________
06 Suzuki Burgman 400
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
gadgetgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #81
motu
Loose Pre Unit
 
motu's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 4,409
Lots of sprinter diesels here in New Zealand - pretty gutless and are considered totally uncool.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-181390180.htm
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:59 AM   #82
jdiaz
.
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: Flyover State
Oddometer: 32,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by motu
Lots of sprinter diesels here in New Zealand - pretty gutless and are considered totally uncool.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-181390180.htm
How fast do you really need to go around an island anyway?
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #83
MojaveGS
Loving it!
 
MojaveGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Digging in with McClaw's Div waiting for Jackson
Oddometer: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz
How fast do you really need to go around an island anyway?
One that is about the size of Colorado (with the hills of it too) you need more than a horse and buggy.
__________________
?OBKR
UOXOGHULBSOLIFBBWFLRVQQPRNGKSSO
TWTQSJQSSEKZZWATJKLUDIAWINFBNYP
VTTMZFPKWGDKZXTJCDIGKUHUAUEKCAR
MojaveGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:24 AM   #84
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,859
These styles of vans are very common in Europe.

Ford has the Safari, which is much cheaper, and gets the same mileage. Wish the fuckers would import them here, much better bang for the buck.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #85
HWSNBN
Banned
 
HWSNBN's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Playing a d00d, disguised as another d00d
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10
These styles of vans are very common in Europe.

Ford has the Safari, which is much cheaper, and gets the same mileage. Wish the fuckers would import them here, much better bang for the buck.
They started selling the Transit last year in Mexico. I like it better than my Sprinter, its a better van IMO and only 250,000 pesos. That's like $20K...not much more than a couple year old used Sprinter.

http://www.ford.com.mx/vehicles/home...sp?idModel=TRA
HWSNBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #86
JT Lake
The Mongooses
 
JT Lake's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Oddometer: 367
Daniii-C


Look up Century Trucks in Grand Prairie, they have lots and lots in stock. (used)
__________________
It was Harley nite @ the BMW bar.
JT Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #87
astro
seek light
 
astro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: vapor trail
Oddometer: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWSNBN
They started selling the Transit last year in Mexico. I like it better than my Sprinter, its a better van IMO and only 250,000 pesos. That's like $20K...not much more than a couple year old used Sprinter.

http://www.ford.com.mx/vehicles/home...sp?idModel=TRA
why are the "cool" vehicles everywhere but here
__________________
Some waters you can only taste by falling into them . . .
astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #88
Andrew
Optimus Primer
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Eastbania
Oddometer: 15,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro
why are the "cool" vehicles everywhere but here
Backwards EPA and CARB regulations:

__________________
Splitting lanes, and splitting hairs.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #89
raindog OP
dharma bum
 
raindog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Naples, Long Beach
Oddometer: 16,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgurl
I picked up a used 2005 140" wheelbase, high roof Dodge Sprinter about two months ago. Had about 120,000 kms.. Cleaned it out (see the "before" pictures), and then had the walls and ceiling insulated and finished with Kemlite (white "pebbly" impervious material). Also put in a new floor, new partition with sliding door, big honkin' ramp, 1500 watt power inverter, a cabinet for oil & aerosols, tie down bars, and coat & helmet hangers (see the "after" pictures).

Plan to use it to haul my race bike and camping gear. From time-to-time, I might haul my friend's bike as well. So far, so good. When I got it, I only had to replace the rotors and fix the side mirror. Gets just over 20 MPG. Thought it would get better mileage (like around 26).

When I get photos of all our gear in the van, I will post again.

Before




Spent about 9 days using a heat gun and varsol to clean out the black "gunk" that the previous owner had sprayed inside the van. I don't know what that shit was, but it was ashphalt-based and a PITA to remove.


During







After








Nice work!
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #90
Ostrich
Jaded and Happy
 
Ostrich's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Fresneck or Bust Baby!
Oddometer: 8,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
Nice work!
Ditto. That is a really nice job.
__________________
If you use Geico watch out. The buyout for my car was way below any objective figure (KBB, NADA, etc.). Also, I could not get in touch with anyone on the first try during a claim resolution.

Just because it's a zoo out there doesn't mean you have to view it from a cage!

Don't be an impulse buyer... afterall you have time..
Ostrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014