Petrolburner
Noise Maker

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopsyxos View Post
It happens now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmmHTNhLsXs&feature=plcp

More details to follow...
Glad you've got it running but it was painful to see it revved so high while still cold. Unless you had warmed it up previously to the video being recorded.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #497
megalopsyxos
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolburner View Post
Glad you've got it running but it was painful to see it revved so high while still cold. Unless you had warmed it up previously to the video being recorded.
You catched me! Yes, the editor had to reset the plateaux because in the first kick nobody was feeling comfortable and calm enough to shoot a video
megalopsyxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #498
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
No (or minimal) Caponord content

It's a bit slow here, so I'll take a chance and see if this punches up the action on this board. I added this on Friday to keep the Capo company. Duati is being very aggressive with the last of the second generation Multis here in the States, and I took the opportunity (a bit impulsively) to grab one.

It's an unusual pairing, and I'm not yet sure what I'll do with the Capo (now with all of 1100 miles on her, and running like a new bike)
The Multistrada is certainly a thrill to ride, and quit different of course. Surprisingly ( but no surprise to you I'm sure) there are a couple of areas where the Caponord more than holds her own, but clearly they are not in the realm of performance .
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #499
Petrolburner
Noise Maker

Oddometer: 544
Damn I had the privilege of riding one of those Multistradas last summer and WOW! What a monster! Afraid the Caponord would never get ridden.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #500
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolburner View Post
Damn I had the privilege of riding one of those Multistradas last summer and WOW! What a monster! Afraid the Caponord would never get ridden.
I never did see the Capo as a long term hold, just planned to ride it a year or so while I sorted things out but it is so fresh and clean that I couldn't pass it up when opportunity knocked. I spent the last month sorting it, doing all the little stuff we talk about here, and now that it is ready, I went and did this to myself! I have to say that it has better wind protection (I find the stock screen just fine) and is roomier and softer than the Multi, and might be smoother (mechanically) off idle and through the midrange, although compared to the Duc, well, they really are quite different. It's a more relaxed ride, but the Ducati is very capable of taking me distance, and that is how I intend to use it.

After that, as you say, the Capo is at a disadvantage. Somebody will get a good machine but I might keep her around a bit just to see what happens. If/when I sell her, I won't have a collection anymore!

The Ducati is remarkably competent. I surprised myself twice on this deal; first by acting so fast, and then by NOT getting a BMW.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #501
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,937
Congrats on the multi purchase...jealous as
Had a Capo six years...
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #502
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Thanks, John; for the congrats. The Capo has a loyal following and still performs as a modern machine. I may not sell it as it has it's uses here, especially as the weather gets worse; it has a better still air pocket and is pleasant to ride, so I'm in no hurry to off it.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #503
megalopsyxos
n00b

...and when new multis are signing in to this thread, old Capos aare trying to be acknowledgeable through various efforts

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...04-spare-parts
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #504
ddavidv
Thrifty not cheap

Oddometer: 1,112
Question

Greetings, Capo owners.
Researching my next bike, and pretty much deciding on a Triumph Tiger 955i, my plans were tossed asunder when I discovered this unusual Italian steed. Quite intrigued, but having yet to see one in the flesh, I'm wondering if anyone in the south central/eastern PA or northern Maryland has one I could test fit the ergos on? Knowing that I fit well in advance would open up a fly-n-ride possibility should one become available.

KLR Chronicles, list of my Ride Reports in PA/MD:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post18782262
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #505
xsubmariner
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Wow. I'm looking for a good, but used, bike and was looking at a Triumph Trophy 3 900. Then I saw a few cities over a 2002 yellow Caponord with matching top and side cases. It has 20k+ miles on it but the paint looks newish in the pics. The rims and spokes need a going over with some elbow grease but I expect that of an '02. It has crash guards, handlebar wind deflectors and a custom seat. I like the look of this bike and what people have said about big guys. I'm 6'2" 140lbs. With gas prices the way they are this will be a commuter bike and occasionally weekend warrior 2 up. This bike just looks right for me. Never thought I'd like a yellow bike! Must be getting old, it looks comfy.

Also I like the for warnings I have read about here, loose bolts (gotta check those when I see it in the next few days) and how to watch the power when adding electrical accessories. There's a lot of good info on this forum and I'm assuming, if something drastic doesn't throw me when I see it in person, that in a short while I'll be posting pics and asking advice.

Tim
xsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #506
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Tim - as great as this forum is, if you own a Caponord you're going to want to spend some time at the AF1 forum for all the technical details that you'll want to ever know. I continue to learn about my bike there every time I log on...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/f...rd-(all-years)
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #507
xsubmariner
n00b

Thanks Britt. Yeah I saw, and took a screen grab, of a list someone made. CBR rectifier, solder connectors w/shrink tube, straight stand, center stand (getting it anyway to help derust rims), tourances, metal fuel connectors, etc. I got some work to put in. Be handy if/when I purchase it and post pics, someone in the forum says "Hey! That's (insert name here) bike." Then I might find some of that list crossed off already. How many yellow Caponords are there? I googled "yellow caponord" (with quotes) and only the bike I'm looking to purchase comes up. Be sweet to talk to the former owner. I'm sure the dealer won't tell me much...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #508
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Any yellow Caponord that you find has been re-painted. They were never offered in yellow...
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #509
xsubmariner
n00b

Yeah i kinda thought that was the case. It draws attention. And not the "hey pull me over" kind of attention.
Sigh... just waiting on that check in the mail. The minute it clears I'm on the prowl. :)
Old 10-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #510
megalopsyxos
n00b

Hi guys,

remember my burned Capo?

Here is it after restoration