Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #106
CapoGreg OP
Felonious Helmet Cam

Oddometer: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiaphile
The rumor I've heard is that the next Aprilia Adventure bike will be about two years down the pipe and will have a 1200cc Piaggio-designed and manufactured V-tiwn.
So that's two years before Europe gets the bike, four years before America gets it, and seven years before America gets any spare parts for it

2006 Aprilia Caponord "L'Altra Donna"
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S "Bear"
1978 Yamaha DT 125E "Pig Pen"
1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Kawasaki Mule 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
The GS is, on paper, a better bike, but I don't buy bikes made of paper.
Save $5 on SmugMug account with code: L4im8C7MUjvgQ
CapoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #107
Italiaphile
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoGreg
So that's two years before Europe gets the bike, four years before America gets it, and seven years before America gets any spare parts for it
Sounds about right...I've got my Capo setup just about right and it only has 20,000 miles on it. Think I'll be keeping the old girl for a while.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #108
CapoGreg OP
Felonious Helmet Cam

I love mine and I'll keep it until I can't keep it running. I want to add a few more accessories to it this year, mainly hard saddlebags and a Laminar Lip to make long distance riding with my wife more pleasant.

1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Kawasaki Mule 4x4

Quote:
Old 03-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #109
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 953
Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoGreg
I love mine and I'll keep it until I can't keep it running. I want to add a few more accessories to it this year, mainly hard saddlebags and a Laminar Lip to make long distance riding with my wife more pleasant.
I would suggest scuffing the windshield under the sticky pads before you stick them to the windshield. Three of the four pads came unstuck at 70 MPH last summer and now it's gone. It does stop almost all of the buffeting and I got 2 MPG better mileage, but it is hard to get airflow into your helmet without sitting really tall which makes it a little warm at temps above 80 degrees or so. I put a Touratech deflector on, which is not as wide, but stops the buffeting, although not as good as the Lip in crosswinds because it's not as wide. I had to grind off a little of the lip around the edge of the windshield right in the center in order to install the Touratech, but mine is an '03 so your experience may vary.

Steve
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #110
CapoGreg OP
Felonious Helmet Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfrnt
I would suggest scuffing the windshield under the sticky pads before you stick them to the windshield. Three of the four pads came unstuck at 70 MPH last summer and now it's gone. It does stop almost all of the buffeting and I got 2 MPG better mileage, but it is hard to get airflow into your helmet without sitting really tall which makes it a little warm at temps above 80 degrees or so. I put a Touratech deflector on, which is not as wide, but stops the buffeting, although not as good as the Lip in crosswinds because it's not as wide. I had to grind off a little of the lip around the edge of the windshield right in the center in order to install the Touratech, but mine is an '03 so your experience may vary.

Steve
I also looked at the Touratech piece, and heard the same from other people. I decided on the LL because most of my riding is in open farm country and I wanted that little extra protection. I'm not tall, so I do worry a little about warmer temps, but I guess, like all things in life, I have to compromise.

Thanks for the heads up about mounting it too, I hadn't thought of that.

1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Kawasaki Mule 4x4

Quote:
Old 03-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #111
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 497
Looking into getting a Capo real soon. I love my Tuono but it's not a great everyday commuter or traveler. However, it does everything else so well, I'd keep it if I could.
'14 KTM 350XCF-W

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #112
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 833
Dear Aprilia,

Please put your new V-Four in a new Capo - and keep her at about 130HP. And Hurry - I need a reason to trade my V-Strom.

Thanks!
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #113
dino2000
No Bad Daze

Oddometer: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2000
Love the Capo! Much better bike on the road and 2 up than the GS was. The difference off-raod is better feel from the front end but I did have to slow the pace in the really rough stuff. bike works really well on the race track too......

Have a confession to make here. I no longer have the Capo, much to my dismay. As it turned out, the short suspension travel and it 's slightly top-heavy feel took it's toll on my off-road biased soul. I had to let her go in lieu of something more dirt worthy. I know this is an age old argument but I have succumb to the lure of the only one of the adventure bikes that has any REAL off-road capability..........................the mighty KTM 950 A!

After having had all of the bikes in this segment (save the strom /Guzzi, most like the Capo) I can say that the 950 A is w/o a doubt the best bike off-road. After all it is really just a giant dirt bike with two large fuel tanks. But like the others it is not w/o it's short comings. I can give my opinions to you and you can do with them what you will.

B+ rider, a little heavy. Real heavy when 2 up (no offense Mama!)

The BMW R1150 GS:
Ok bike in the dirt, only after you spend the money on some decent suspension. Very tough and welcomes any terrain you care to ride it over. Very vague feeling in the dirt, due IMO to the telelever front.

Dose not give the same feel as a telescopic in the dirt. On the street, a very good machine. Wonderful boxer low/mid power, pulls like tractor. Mid corner wiggle was prominent when appyling throttle on corner exit. O.k. comfort for two FULL size peeps, not a 2 up tourer for sure. Load carrying capacity second to none ! Not the most inspiring machine, but reliable and ready.
OVERALL, probably the best bike in the segment.

The Capo:
PHENOMINAL MOTOR! Can't say this enough. I am a fairly short guy and with the stock seat/screen the wind protection was superb. Always felt like I was sitting in it not on it. Best of the three for slab blastin'. Most comfortable for the passenger (according to the passenger). Able to carry plenty, most usable stock luggage space.

Suspension SUCKS, until you install the Hyperpro kit and then it's AWESOME!. Great bike on the track and on the twisties.

Wish I could have kept it, would be my choice for a sport touring/ 2 up bike. As far as off road goes, not the bike for that, at least not the way I like to ride.

The KTM 950 ADV:
This, for me is the complete package. First, it sits and feels like a dirt bike. Slim and tall. As a rider who came up in the dirt it feels like home. The down side is almost zero wind protection for your head and chest. The stock seat was horrible, went with a Renazco and now the ass is happy.

The stock suspension are the best quality parts in the segment but still needed new springs for the larger than average ME. It handles the curvy roads like the Capo, only a little quicker probably due to the weight savings and lower center of gravity. I adapted to the 21 fairly quickly and hardly notice the difference now.

Good motor, different from the other two in that it likes to run higher in the rev range and dosen't pull as strong from the bottom. Mine is bone stock.

Stock Gobi luggage is bulky and has a crappy interior volume, in short IT SUCKS. I have a set of soft luggage I use when taking trips that will see more dirt than street.

Once the suspension is set up properly there is no comparison to this bike with any of the others, IT IS THE BEST BIKE OFF-ROAD HANDS DOWN!!!!! I have found that i can ride it just as fast and sometimes faster than the Capo on the street as well.

"The best bike I ever had, is the one I'm riding NOW!"

dino2000 screwed with this post 06-02-2009 at 12:35 PM
dino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #114
Capotourer
CapoNoMore

Oddometer: 547
Capo!!! COPPER CANYON EDITION!!
Attached Images

Capotourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #115
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capotourer
Capo!!! COPPER CANYON EDITION!!
More please. I took my Pegaso to Copper Canyon.

Somedays I miss my Capo.
2012 FJR1300, 05 R1200GS, 99 ATK490, 1993 Ducati 900SS, (must stop looking in Flea Market!)
Charleetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #116
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Well, who would have thought it? Two years and eight months since I sold my Rally Raid.

I've gone and bought another one!

This beauty is now in my garage

She has all the options including the top box and headlight bar.

and, as you can see is in very good condition

First registered 2004, two previous owners and only 3300, yes, three thousand three hundred miles on the clock!!! Came with the service book, hand book, receipts and even the extra pair of Karoos that were supplied when new!

Cheers :cheers:
Old 07-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #117
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129
Any Capo owners within a reasonable drive of Missoula, Montana, USA?? There maybe an '02 available for parts real soon. My buddy just hit a deer this morn. He's alright, but the bike will be a total loss per insurance. The motor should have less than 15k mikes, but the frame is probably damaged and the frontend is a loss.

Its got a Corbin seat, brand new Tourance front tire (500 miles?), Zega frame (no boxes), euro kickstand, factory highmount front fender (maybe damaged), tall windscreen (maybe damaged) and ??

Also, we have a source who could drive it for a fee, if that helps someone out.

Anyone interested in the bike as a whole? Please PM me so we don't fill this valuable thread!

If this is not ok to post, I apologize and will "nuke". I wanted to see the interest and put the word out, but the fate of the bike has yet to be determined, so I didn't want to post in the For Sale area.

** We were unable to find any interested partys to buy the bike from insurance company, so it may have gone to auction.

Low594 screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 02:10 PM
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #118
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594
Any Capo owners within a reasonable drive of Missoula, Montana, USA?? There maybe an '02 available for parts real soon. My buddy just hit a deer this morn. He's alright, but the bike will be a total loss per insurance. The motor should have less than 15k mikes, but the frame is probably damaged and the frontend is a loss.

Its got a Corbin seat, brand new Tourance front tire (500 miles?), Zega frame (no boxes), euro kickstand, factory highmount front fender (maybe damaged), tall windscreen (maybe damaged) and ??

Also, we have a source who could drive it for a fee, if that helps someone out.

Anyone interested in the bike as a whole? Please PM me so we don't fill this valuable thread!

If this is not ok to post, I apologize and will "nuke". I wanted to see the interest and put the word out, but the fate of the bike has yet to be determined, so I didn't want to post in the For Sale area.

I sent ya a PM!
'14 KTM 350XCF-W

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #119
guernseybozrah
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Capo replacement

Havent been on the site for a while but thought everyone should know that on Friday I popped into our new local Aprilia dealer, and one thing led to another and the Capo replacement entered into the conversation.
The owner said he would see what he could find out and ring me when i got back to work. Sure enough he did, and he told me that his area rep says that on the price list for 2010 there is a 1200 Dorsoduro with TBA along side its name. If it is, i hope its more than that as the whole world and its dog is waiting for the appearance of this animal.
Anyway thats it folks, just supports the rumours already flyin around doesnt it.
Still saddled to an 07 GSA. but that just got a big clean up ready to go in the local paper. Who know what it will be next.

GB
guernseybozrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #120
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by guernseybozrah
...there is a 1200 Dorsoduro with TBA along side its name. If it is, i hope its more than that as the whole world and its dog is waiting for the appearance of this animal....
Hard to believe it could be anything other than a bigger Dorosoro (rather than a more focused adventure bike). That seems to be what the manufacturers are targeting. I am curious to see if the engine is a bigger version of the 750 platform or if they'll drop the V4 into it.

In the US, Piaggio's bigger problem is a stable/good dealer base rather than model capability or quality.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote