Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #661
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
Bruno,

I think I'm ready to jump on a projector conversion kit for my 2001 F650GS. It looks like I've got about 135 mm of space available from the very back of the headlight housing to the inside glass, but only at the center. Near the top of that area the front headlight glass comes backwards a bit (there's a 'V' shape to the top of the headlight housing) and cuts clearance around the top area to about 120mm.

So now I'm terribly conflicted about which model of light to buy. I'd prefer the middle-sized light for greater output but I'm just a bit worried about the fit. I can't tell if the curve at the front of the projector will clear. Any advice? Better yet, any previous guinea pigs?
Well you headlight is limited for space but also has another major problem, you have a diffused headlight right? The will defract the light and you wont get an ideal beam pattern. Are there aftermarket ones available with a clear lens? Here are a few pictures of the projectors, sorry for the lousy pics, the good camera has 'disappeared'

futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #662
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMforPres
Is there any previous projector conversion kits installed in a BMW R100GS? These conversions could be a good solution for "electrically challenged" airheads.

Thanks
Jon
I'm looking for someone to try! Wanna be the first? This product has only been available for a few weeks. Check out this video of an install on a Tahoe using the tiny 42mm bi-xenon projector (world's smallest btw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQ2oO-NMJ8
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #663
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com
Well you headlight is limited for space but also has another major problem, you have a diffused headlight right? The will defract the light and you wont get an ideal beam pattern. Are there aftermarket ones available with a clear lens?
If by "diffused headlight" you mean that there is a kind of pattern or texture to the glass on the inside surface of the headlight, then yes. I guess that's kind of new information, as we've had a few emails that went back and forth over a failed H4 bi-Xenon and the new projectors.

I guess the questions I now have are these: By "won't get an ideal beam pattern", is that worse or better than the non-ideal beam pattern given out by said bi-xenon lamp? Are we talking about fuzzing around the edges, or lots of leakage above the cut-off? Would I perhaps be better off just getting a new bi-xenon setup with new bulb and updated ballast?

And thanks for the additional pictures!
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #664
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
I guess the questions I now have are these: By "won't get an ideal beam pattern", is that worse or better than the non-ideal beam pattern given out by said bi-xenon lamp? Are we talking about fuzzing around the edges, or lots of leakage above the cut-off?
To be honest I dont know exactly what to expect... I'm gonna go dig through my cabinet of headlights and see if I can find a diffused one to rip apart and try. I dont think the beam would be as crisp with your type of lens, but I dont believe it would scatter light above the cut-off.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #665
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
To be honest I dont know exactly what to expect... I'm gonna go dig through my cabinet of headlights and see if I can find a diffused one to rip apart and try. I dont think the beam would be as crisp with your type of lens, but I dont believe it would scatter light above the cut-off.
Then it is likely to be an improvement. The reflector on my bike is not really the very best.

If you are able to test it though, that would be great for me and I suppose for anyone else with similar issues.

The stock headlight does this:

JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #666
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
If you are able to test it though, that would be great for me and I suppose for anyone else with similar issues.
Sorry...no go. I had a ST1100 headlight that would have been perfect but its back with the customer. I'll see what I can do to get it back and do a test but that may take a while. up to you if you want to be the first to try...
Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #667
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Newsletter - October

For anyone not on our mailing list, here is a link to our latest newsletter

http://www.futurevisionhid.com/newsletter-oct2010.html

some great deals on now!
  • Free HID kit with the purchase of the new 90mm driving lights
  • 25% off all HID kits this weekend. Oct. 29-31
check out the promotion page for details
Old 10-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #668
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,743
The lights Bruno sent us for the Landcruiser are great, thanks FV for a great product!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #669
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,580
Quote:
we have the option of buying without the Philips based lights for a reduced price and without the DOT certificate. We have a new D1S bulb that we just got in and in tested against the Philips D1S included with these lights. To be very honest I preferred the output of out new type. The pattern seem slightly tighter and light was a little more on the crisp-white side then the Philips D1S which tends to be slightly yellow.

They were tested using out 4G-HID auxiliary lights which also use the Philips components. We may start offering those with the non-philips bulbs very soon to bring the cost down. The warranty is the same with either bulb, and performance wise your certainly not losing anything at all.

Still the fact remains that any of these 'high-end' lights minimum order to build them is 100 sets per light. We should here some updates within a week.

Any updates on these?
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #670
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TheQuadShop
Any updates on these?
The 4G-HID are still on hold for the time being, I'm really hoping to bring them back in later this year.
We just launched the new FV90-HID 90mm Driving light last week, very similar size but has a wider beam pattern that still extends about 400m out with plenty of lighting to the sides

Introductory offer on this light till Nov 5th, but this light kit and get a free HID conversion kit with your purchase and free shipping.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #671
WeeBee
Roaming ADV Gnome

Oddometer: 1,530
I own a Honda Transalp that has a rectangular headlight with single H4 55watt bulb - do you sell a Hi/Low H4 HID kit and do you know if it will provide good results with this type of headlight?

WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #672
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTA
I own a Honda Transalp that has a rectangular headlight with single H4 55watt bulb - do you sell a Hi/Low H4 HID kit and do you know if it will provide good results with this type of headlight?
This H4 kit is the best on the market, and I will guarantee that (I have tested hundreds)
Also you may be interested in a new product using our 42mm bi-xenon projector, and it may be available before the end of this year, hopefully in time for Christmas!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #673
Shaggie
Unseen University

Oddometer: 2,573
gidday Bruno!

are you going to offer a conversion as above but for 5 3/4" round headlamps?

Cheers and regards from Down here!

S

"We are not at home to Mr Reasonable" - Sam Vimes

NZ Touring pics:Brass Monkey 2009:Kiwi Sun:Tiki-touring: Daytrips in NZ
Shaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #674
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

How ya doin Shane?!?

Well its unlikely I'll have that one, but I'll see what I can do. Need to build at least 100pcs at a time because of all the processing involved. After the projectors are installed they go back to the headlight manufacturer to be sealed so they are like OEM quality when complete. I dont get asked for the 5 3/4" size much so it may not be feasible to produce a batch, but I'm not ruling it out just yet. I will have the 7" for sure as that is the most popular type.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #675
WeeBee
Roaming ADV Gnome

Oddometer: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
This H4 kit is the best on the market, and I will guarantee that (I have tested hundreds)
Also you may be interested in a new product using our 42mm bi-xenon projector, and it may be available before the end of this year, hopefully in time for Christmas!
What is it exactly that makes the H4 kit you sell the best (and seemingly the most expensive) on the market? What is the rectangular setup pictured going to cost?

WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote