User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #736
sombreroisland
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Ktm 950 se options?

Hi..was wondering what type of system I can use for my bike? I'm "mechanically and electrically" challenged so hope yo can help me with the kit that should work when I try to install it...I know that my se has two bulbs in there both running stock...

Thank you so much...
sombreroisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #737
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombreroisland View Post
Hi..was wondering what type of system I can use for my bike? I'm "mechanically and electrically" challenged so hope yo can help me with the kit that should work when I try to install it...I know that my se has two bulbs in there both running stock...

Thank you so much...
Im pretty sure the KTM 950SE uses a H3 and H7 bulb, you can find the kits here:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/h3-mo...e-hid-kit.html
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/h7-mo...e-hid-kit.html

installation is very simple. I would recommend using relay kit though to make sure you dont have start-up issues. The relay connects the kit direct to the battery so when you turn on your lights, they get a good connection to power
futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #738
PPiA
Pete

Oddometer: 1,179
Hello,
Just wondering if you know what I would need to install in an '09 XR1200 H-D?
PPiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #739
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPiA View Post
Hello,
Just wondering if you know what I would need to install in an '09 XR1200 H-D?
the H4 kit will fit:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/h4-bi...e-hid-kit.html
Old 05-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #740
keener
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 899
PIAA 510 conversion to HID

I have these on my bike
http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/510atp.html

They take H3. Im thinking of converting them to HID. Do you know if your H3 HID bulbs will fit in them?

Im concern HID bulbs might be too tall. I measured the distance between the reflector to the glass inside, its 38mm.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #741
keener
Speed changes you.

just found this on your site for H3 HID bulbs. But I cant read the numbers, is it 52mm height? hard to read

on this page:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/produ...e-hid-kit.html
Old 05-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #742
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by keener View Post
I have these on my bike
http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/510atp.html

They take H3. Im thinking of converting them to HID. Do you know if your H3 HID bulbs will fit in them?

Im concern HID bulbs might be too tall. I measured the distance between the reflector to the glass inside, its 38mm.

There should be plenty of room. Heres an old post with a pic. We also have mini H3's if the standard size wont fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com
Here is our Heavy Duty H3 HID vs halogen. It is a very small HID capsule.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #743
keener
Speed changes you.

Ive heard in this forum that HID bulbs wont fit in PIAA 510.

The photo show just less than 40mm. What happens if the the capsule touchs the glass?

Could you post a link to your small HID capsules? I can't find them on your site.

thx
Old 05-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #744
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by keener View Post
Ive heard in this forum that HID bulbs wont fit in PIAA 510.

The photo show just less than 40mm. What happens if the the capsule touchs the glass?

Could you post a link to your small HID capsules? I can't find them on your site.

thx
Sorry I was reading the picture wrong! just took another shot here, the standard H3 HID vs the H3 Mini. The mini not posted on the website but it will obviously fit without issue. The standard size should just fit. I would recommend the standard size over the mini.

Measured length:

Also, here is our version of the 510, called the GT635 but ours has HID and includes an extra set of the H3 mini bulbs but they are not a heavy duty design like all our other lights.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #745
mtnharleyguy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Future Vision Bixenon

I am interested in the FV1000HID lights. I think it's the bixenon system I want. I want a light that has both lo and hi beam contained within the same housing. Is it possible to get a system that senses what beam is selected on the handlebar switch and adjusts the HID lights accordingly? Or does the canbus system require the use of a separate switch?

What kit number should I order? I want lo and hi beam, light housings that will attach to a light bar, and something that will work with the canbus. It would also be nice if it could use the oem switch to change the lo/hi beam settings and have an on/off switch for the HID lights.

Craig
mtnharleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #746
mtnharleyguy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Future Vision Bixenon

In posting #746 in this thread I expressed my interest in a HID system for my bike but neglected to mention just what the bike is.

It's a 2011 Bmw R1200GS

Craig
mtnharleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #747
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnharleyguy View Post
I am interested in the FV1000HID lights. I think it's the bixenon system I want. I want a light that has both lo and hi beam contained within the same housing. Is it possible to get a system that senses what beam is selected on the handlebar switch and adjusts the HID lights accordingly? Or does the canbus system require the use of a separate switch?

What kit number should I order? I want lo and hi beam, light housings that will attach to a light bar, and something that will work with the canbus. It would also be nice if it could use the oem switch to change the lo/hi beam settings and have an on/off switch for the HID lights.

Craig
The bi-xenon feature was just released as an option for the FV1000 recently. It uses our smallest 42mm bi-xenon projector inside that was redesigned to fit inside the small housing.
We do not have any type of sensors available available to do what your asking, but we can supply snap-loc connectors so that you can easily connect the high beam leads to your stock wiring without having to do any splicing which would allow you to use you existing switch to control the lamps. They have a relay kit included, so there would be no drain on your M/C's wiring. You could select a toggle or handlebar switch as a main power switch for the lamps to power up the lights on low beam, and when you switch to high beam on your stock switch it would activate the solenoid on the projector to get the high beam function. By using the included switch and relay, there should be no issue with the canbus system as you are by-passing it completely by wiring direct to the battery, the standard slim ballasts should work fine and have never been an issue as of yet on any BMW motorcycle with the FV1000.
For what you need, I would suggest the following configuration:
  • Lamp: bi-xenon
  • Switch: toggle or handlebar, whichever you prefer
  • Relay: 1 motorcycle relay to power both lights. You can also choose to have two single relays and switches for that matter if you want to control them separately.
  • Kelvin: whatever you choose, 4300K provides the highest lumen output, but 6000K is very close and has a slightly better contrast in my opinion. Both are very popular.
  • Ballast: 35W is plenty enough power for these little aux. lights.
  • Bracket: 3/8" bolt is most common and can be mounted on any existing bracket. Also on the GS some guys use the 35mm clamp to mount them on the crash bars like this

If you have any more questions, you can contact me direct on my email address below. thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #748
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,738
Bulb failure - How's the warranty?

I purchased a H4 Bi-Xenon kit last april. This last week the metal shield simply fell off the bulb. The screws held. The metal holding the shield broke off at the base and is now rattling around in the lamp. The light still shines but, as you can imagine, the beam goes all over the place and I can't ride it without blinding oncoming traffic. Is this covered under warranty or am I out of luck?
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #749
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
I purchased a H4 Bi-Xenon kit last april. This last week the metal shield simply fell off the bulb. The screws held. The metal holding the shield broke off at the base and is now rattling around in the lamp. The light still shines but, as you can imagine, the beam goes all over the place and I can't ride it without blinding oncoming traffic. Is this covered under warranty or am I out of luck?
Wow, thats very strange. Never heard of that before. The warranty has expired but send me a picture to my email, I may have some spare parts to fix that issue. Make sure remove the bulb immediately so it doesn't get damaged from the loose shield.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #750
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
Wow, thats very strange. Never heard of that before. The warranty has expired but send me a picture to my email, I may have some spare parts to fix that issue. Make sure remove the bulb immediately so it doesn't get damaged from the loose shield.
PM sent. I appreciate any help you can provide. I love the light this unit puts out. The difference from the stock H4 is unbelievable.

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote