Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #751
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
PM sent. I appreciate any help you can provide. I love the light this unit puts out. The difference from the stock H4 is unbelievable.
Thank you for the photos. That is a strange break point, never seen that before. I sent you an email yesterday, let me know if you did not receive it.
futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #752
argentcorvid
Some Guy

Oddometer: 472
Buell Ulysses

Waaay back in post #63 of this thread, you linked to a kit for a Buell Ulysses, but it appears to be broken due to your website re-design. The bike uses 2 H7 bulbs, one for high, and one for low, with only one on at a time. What is the best way to go about doing the conversion on a setup like this?
argentcorvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #753
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentcorvid View Post
Waaay back in post #63 of this thread, you linked to a kit for a Buell Ulysses, but it appears to be broken due to your website re-design. The bike uses 2 H7 bulbs, one for high, and one for low, with only one on at a time. What is the best way to go about doing the conversion on a setup like this?
Thankyou for pointing that out. The dead link has been fixed. Here is the correct new link:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/h7-mo...e-hid-kit.html

You can order this kit with 2 ballasts/2 bulbs and that will work well. You may want to consider using relay kits, one for each low and the high beam.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:57 AM   #754
geno2w1
Vagabond dreams

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
Canbus....We have tried many different things and still do not have a perfect solution that works for every BMW bike although the new capacitor kits seem to be working well so far. Also there is another new ballast being tested on late model GS bikes, more news to follow. Hopefully sooner then later.
What's the word on these ballasts that were on GS models? Any chance of getting a hi/lo kit for my F800GS before September????
Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #755
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno2w1 View Post
What's the word on these ballasts that were on GS models? Any chance of getting a hi/lo kit for my F800GS before September????
Another new canbus model will be here next week and then we will start more testing....again! The current model we have in stock seems to work well with models up to 2008.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #756
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
Thank you for the photos. That is a strange break point, never seen that before. I sent you an email yesterday, let me know if you did not receive it.
Hey, I received and installed the replacement H4 bi-xenon shield you sent and it works just fine on the old lamp. I really appreciate the great after-the-sale customer service you provide!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #757
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Special Offer from Future Vision HID on HID Auxiliary Lighting and HID Kits

We having a two week sale on some premium HID auxiliary lights and HID kits, check the post here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post16754719

Or check our website for full details:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/HID-Light-offer.html
Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #758
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer: 589
G'Day Bruno,

Need some assistance if I may.

As it has been a while and life has gotten in the way with shed time to work on the bikes non existent this year the background is we fitted a couple of your CANBUS compatible units to the low beam on our F650GS twins before going to New Zealand last Christmas.

Sally's bike has had a consistent issue all the time we were in NZ and ever since. On starting the bike the HID will fire up momentarily and then die never to come on again until the power to the HID is turned off and then on again by killing the ignition. When the lamp fails to ignite a "lamp" warning appears on the dash. Problem is it's not consistent, every so often it will fire up and stay on as expected, but as I say only very occasionally.

My first thought was a loose connection in the power supply circuit, but have ruled that out because it only ever happens on startup and if it were a loose connection then I would expect some random activity and secondly my bike has the same albeit less consistent problem.

The strange thing is that my bike with the exact same HID setup is relatively reliable, it has only done it once or twice that I can remember and other than that usually seems to fire up as expected.

So it seems to me that to fix it I will have to play suck-it-and-see and start replacing components but which one?

Can you give me a starting point and I will send you some cash for the parts.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #759
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C View Post
Are you using relays? This can resolve that kind of issue. Email me direct and we will get it sorted. Also send a picture of the ballasts your using too if possible.

thanks!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #760
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Email Sent
Old 11-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #761
sinned
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C View Post
G'Day Bruno,

Need some assistance if I may.

As it has been a while and life has gotten in the way with shed time to work on the bikes non existent this year the background is we fitted a couple of your CANBUS compatible units to the low beam on our F650GS twins before going to New Zealand last Christmas.

Sally's bike has had a consistent issue all the time we were in NZ and ever since. On starting the bike the HID will fire up momentarily and then die never to come on again until the power to the HID is turned off and then on again by killing the ignition. When the lamp fails to ignite a "lamp" warning appears on the dash. Problem is it's not consistent, every so often it will fire up and stay on as expected, but as I say only very occasionally.

My first thought was a loose connection in the power supply circuit, but have ruled that out because it only ever happens on startup and if it were a loose connection then I would expect some random activity and secondly my bike has the same albeit less consistent problem.

The strange thing is that my bike with the exact same HID setup is relatively reliable, it has only done it once or twice that I can remember and other than that usually seems to fire up as expected.

So it seems to me that to fix it I will have to play suck-it-and-see and start replacing components but which one?

I'm curious to find out what comes of this, as I have something similar that occurs on 2007 Dragstar Classic 1100. I have had a HID system installed on bike now for over a year, and for a majority of that time it has worked flawlessly. I am fairly happy with it, although I don't like the fact that it doesn't offer the spread of the light beam as a halogen does, I do like the fact that the light is a brighter white which on high beam does get many of the dimwitted drivers who drive with high beam on permanently at night in this part of mainland China (it's not called a developing country for nothing).

Recently I have experienced a problem where the HID light comes on for a period of time then goes off. The way this can happen can be one of several ways. One way is if the light is on for a considerable period, and as I ride the light will go off. Alternately, if I have been using the light for a period then turn the bike off (whichever way that might be i.e. hit the kill switch but ignition still on, or turn the engine off using ignition key) then fire up the bike again, switch the lights on using the light switch, the light does not turn on. If I hit the passing switch, and make sure I have the light switch on and the high/low beam switch set to high, then let my finger off the passing switch then a majority of the time the light will remain on. If however I have been riding for an extended period like more than several hours or more, then the shortcut method I just described doesn't work. For this situation I have rigged up a couple of cable ties that I have fastened around the left hand handlebar grip, that I can use to press and therefore activate the passing switch so that the high beam is on.

I've swapped out the ballast thinking that might make a difference and at first thought I'd cured the problem when I first tried the lights afterwards. My self indulgent backslapping lasted only half a day when I discovered that I'd been riding a fair amount of the day without my light on, when I thought it had been on a recent week long holiday riding with a bunch of mates. Fortunately I had some more cable ties with me, since I'd removed the other semi-permanent ones after I was convinced I'd repaired the fault. I've checked as best as I can all the wiring but have not found any issues. I don't use a relay, but again I'm not sure that's an issue given the lights worked for nearly a year without fault. I'm thinking of going back to a halogen as I do miss the spread of the halogen beam and will likely opt for a 100/90W. But I do do a lot of night riding where having bright far reaching lights that penetrate far ahead and more importantly get a response from other vehicle drivers which I kid not, have lights on high beam at night no matter they are following a vehicle, approaching other vehicles (blinding the driver in the process), or driving in well lit areas.

Any thoughts?
Kiwi ADVenturer inmate Dr, Paramedic, NP, (ex)firefighter exploring life via the ADVenturous 2 wheeled route. It's not the destination but the journey & choices made therein; that determines the measure of ones legacy. Don't sweat the small stuff, life happens while we're not looking. Hug those around you who have a place & meaning in your life, for it may not come again.
sinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #762
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

The problem on the F650GSbike was resolved by replacing with our current model 35W ballast. A small percentage of the older ballast were a fussy with the power connection but it is not an issue with the current model which has been in use since Aug/2010.
This may be the issue you are experiencing with your kit. Without knowing exactly what system your using is virtually impossible to diagnose, especially if its not our ballasts your using. There are literally thousands of small factories making ballasts! The fact that it was working fine for a year before giving you the issue sounds like either a connection issue or simply equipment failure but you have already tried replacing the ballast. I would add a relay before replacing the ballast again. Some ballasts can have intermittent issues if not connected to a stable power source which isn't always available with stock wiring on some motorcycles. Try the relay before you start replacing more parts. Interesting fix with the cable ties!
I was in China 2 weeks ago myself, and yes it certainly is always interesting traveling around on mainland! Would love to try it on a motorcycle sometime :)

You can email me directly if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #763
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Yep, the new ballasts are stable as and fire up every time.

Thanks Bruno, having someone who is passionate about quality and service sifting through all the crap HID stuff being dumped on the market and then offering it with service and respectable pricing is gold.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #764
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,147
I am interested in upgrading the low beams on a 2009 F800GS and 2012 R1200GS. Are people still having trouble with your CANbus Adapters on later model BMWs?

Eric

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #765
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlagg42 View Post
I am interested in upgrading the low beams on a 2009 F800GS and 2012 R1200GS. Are people still having trouble with your CANbus Adapters on later model BMWs?

Eric
Unfortunately, the latest CANbus ballast we tried in the past month is not working for all 1200 models. The 650's and 800's appear to have no issues. There is a new 50W model that should work with all models/years of BMW motorcycles. We will be testing it shortly and I will post once I have more information