ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #541
Techsender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Eek

I have heard magical things about Vespas - but no thanks on riding one thru the sand at CA.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #542
Roll_n
2WheelsDown

Oddometer: 148
Carlos Avery

Hehe, I've certainly gotten the opportunity to practice my crashing skills here, at least my bike is pretty light.....

Just ride through the Iron Gate, and if you see my bike stop in and ask for Dave (1st building on the left). I'm usually through by 4:30, but can take an extended lunch break if I have to.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #543
Roll_n
2WheelsDown

Dt 175

TechSender-
I learned to ride on a DT125, sill remember the red tank w/ white panels on the side. How is the Wee-one in the sand?
Dv
Old 07-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #544
Techsender
Adventurer

Havent had the Wee in too heavy of sand yet, some dirt and it is impressive enough with a roll of the throttle. I am working my way up to getting it far enough off road. I actually used the 175 to go back and forth to school a few times - to Minneapolis ! Used surface roads to 280 and then 280 to University. It ran good but couldnt come close to keeping up with traffic. It is relegated to around town and some playing now. Gave it a new set of tires at the end of last year.I am no hero on a little bike. The wee is a different story, it goes everywhere I have wanted. Actually sold my Goldwing to buy the Wee, I am much happier now.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #545
Roll_n
2WheelsDown

Wee!

I'm thinking the Wee would be a nice addition to the garage, somewhat of a highway cruiser/daily driver that can rip on the gravel too. Kinda interested to see what one looks like naked (like a long-legged SV650?)
Dv
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #546
Techsender
Adventurer

I rode it back to work after lunch, I had the cage this morning. I suspect the first ride out there is going to be on the 175 for crashing / lifting practice. One of these days when I ride the bigger (Wee) bike to work I will zip up so you can see one. It is the most capable bike I have ever had and does everything good that I have tried. I was raised dirt riding - thanks to my Dad who bought me a Z 50 when I was 5, went to a CT 70 then a Moto Guzzi 90 dirt bike then from there KZ650, CX500, GS 750, Madura 700, TLR 200 (Road legal trials bike - 87 new in the crate, just sold it last year) The Gold Wing, DT175 and now this Wee. I have been very impressed. It is a bigger frame than I was used to but easy to learn. But I dif=gress and we have stolen the thread of where to meet and greet - has any decision been made as to where we will be ?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #547
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 3,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackaWacka
How is the Wee-one in the sand?
Dv
Your mileage may vary

I'm sure I would have the same result on any bike - so this is less of an implication of the bike and more an indication of my ability

*Gravy* screwed with this post 03-04-2009 at 06:34 AM
*Gravy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #548
Daggy
Wondering ...

Oddometer: 986
Oh man,

I'm on the "out" list for the 29th.

Anybody thinking about tomorrow's pancake breakfast at Diamond's?
Daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #549
Metallic Waste
Wearing the Cone Of Shame

Oddometer: 3,896
Mebbe. We may ride over there.
-K

--GSAnderson
Metallic Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #550
Daggy
Wondering ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic Waste
Mebbe. We may ride over there.
-K
Ummm,

You think you can make it that far?
Old 07-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #551
Angelita Amarilla
Just call me AAL

Oddometer: 14
Wicked first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggy
Hmmm ... I think I got it!
So, she lives with the devil, so she must be an angel ... vertically challenged ...
Rides a yellow F650 ... keeping with your spanish theme ...

"Angelita amarillo" = Little yellow angel (make sure and say it with a soft spanish accent)
Hola Daggy! Mil gracias por mi nombre nuevo! Me gusto mucho! (A thousand thanks for my new name! I like it alot!) I was formerly known as GSDiablo wife and I've been lurking over GSDiablo's shoulder as long as he's been a member (just waiting for a special name!) I ride a little yellow F650 GSL, and any dirt bike that needs to be ridden even if my feet don't touch the ground.

I look forward to seeing folks at the next M&G tues 7/29. Daggy, sorry you won't be there to receive your SPECIAL naming Gift! GSDiablo will be just riding in with his new steed (a Dakar from Cajun Country) and possibly a gator on his tail- as he'll be swampin while down there. We'll see yall there!
Angelita Amarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #552
Metallic Waste

Welcome AA!!!!
Oh wait, that doesn't sound quite right. Totally sounded better in my head.
-K

--GSAnderson
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #553
Metallic Waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggy
Ummm,

You think you can make it that far?
Well, 35W is closed on NB and SB lanes, and the 35W bridge is closed. I can't possibly see any way of getting to Nordeast from South Minneapolis.
Sorry, chaps.
-K

--GSAnderson
Old 07-13-2008, 03:41 AM   #554
TheCowboy
back in the saddle again

Oddometer: 606
Pissed GSDiablo's new steed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelita Amarilla
Hola Daggy! Mil gracias por mi nombre nuevo! Me gusto mucho! (A thousand thanks for my new name! I like it alot!) I was formerly known as GSDiablo wife and I've been lurking over GSDiablo's shoulder as long as he's been a member (just waiting for a special name!) I ride a little yellow F650 GSL, and any dirt bike that needs to be ridden even if my feet don't touch the ground.

I look forward to seeing folks at the next M&G tues 7/29. Daggy, sorry you won't be there to receive your SPECIAL naming Gift! GSDiablo will be just riding in with his new steed (a Dakar from Cajun Country) and possibly a gator on his tail- as he'll be swampin while down there. We'll see yall there!
I am not a happy Cowboy - I was just getting ready to call that guy in Lousiana and tell him I'm on my way with cash in hand. Hey, you got a good deal.....damn it!!

Cowboy2
TheCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #555
Daggy
Wondering ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelita Amarilla

De nada con su nombre neuvo ...
I'll hold you to that special naming gift sometime in the future! (Hint: it comes in a long-neck bottle or on ice )

What's this about a cajun Dakar? Any chance we get a ride report out of this? Remember, words only go so far ... we need pics ...

Dave