ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #556
GSdiablo
cubical farmer

Oddometer: 695
Yup, a ride report is coming on this deal

Cowboy2, whats wrong with the Dakar EXCESS has up. If its still for sale when I get back..... I've decided to standardize on the gs650's(for distance travel) mostly because of gas and its the only dual sport Angelita Amarillo can flat foot. (hers is a GSL) She tended to dump my DRZ everytime she rode it (o.k. it was only once) So I sold the DRZ yesterday to a very nice inmate from IL. (No my 1100GS (or my dog) is not for sale.)
Yup Daggy, ride report is coming on this one. Since you are so clever with naming..... whats a good name for my report? The keywords are GSdiablo Hightechcoonass Dakar fly-n-ride cajun NOLA Gator tour.
I might have to ask my host in LA what a coonass means..
Metallic Waste,if Angelita Amarillo is too much to type - (I agree) how about AAL (factory lowered little yellow angel)
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #557
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,495
Google Calendar Created

I have created a public Google Calendar for our group and put the Jul 29 M&G on it. If you have your own Google Calendar account, you can search public calendars for "twin cities advrider", then add the event to your own calendar. Or PM me your email address and I will add you to the invite list in which case I THINK you'll get an email reminder two days before the event. You can also invite other people to the event, but the invite list is hidden so there should be no harvesting of email addresses.

Anyway, try it out and let me know if you have questions or problems.

P.S. You can also subscribe to the calendar from Outlook or other mail/calendar programs. The subscription URL's are:

http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds...m/public/basic
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/...blic/basic.ics
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #558
Daggy
Wondering ...

Oddometer: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSdiablo
..... whats a good name for my report? The keywords are GSdiablo Hightechcoonass Dakar fly-n-ride cajun NOLA Gator tour.
Hmmm ...

Sounds like a fun trip down to gator country!
Just make sure you spend more time than I did picking up my KLR down there ... and eat some of that great food! Any chance you need a ride companion? I'd love to get back down there! There's gotta be a good used Connie I could pick up down there ...
My buddy John in Abita Springs told me what a coonass is - I don't think you want to find out!

Ride report name, eh? How about ...
hmmm ... let's see ...

Ragin' Devil "rassles" Dakar from Coonass Cajun Gator

This I gotta see!
Daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #559
Techsender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Hey Grave I think I saw you out riding Sunday. I had to look twice - a Red Wee ! In the Lino Lakes area.

And Dave I am threatening to ride the 175 up to your shop right after my lunch - did you bring your bike today ?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #560
TheCowboy
back in the saddle again

Oddometer: 605
Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSdiablo
Cowboy2, whats wrong with the Dakar EXCESS has up. If its still for sale when I get back..... I've decided to standardize on the gs650's(for distance travel) mostly because of gas and its the only dual sport Angelita Amarillo can flat foot. (hers is a GSL) She tended to dump my DRZ everytime she rode it (o.k. it was only once) So I sold the DRZ yesterday to a very nice inmate from IL. (No my 1100GS (or my dog) is not for sale.)
Yup Daggy, ride report is coming on this one. Since you are so clever with naming..... whats a good name for my report? The keywords are GSdiablo Hightechcoonass Dakar fly-n-ride cajun NOLA Gator tour.
I might have to ask my host in LA what a coonass means..
Metallic Waste,if Angelita Amarillo is too much to type - (I agree) how about AAL (factory lowered little yellow angel)
Here is what the Cowboy wants to know: Can the Dakar be rased? Can it cruze no problem at 70mph all day long? and finally, how long will they last (the one at Leo's has 25,000 miles on her and she is leaking a little oil) I want it for my wife, not me, but would like to ride it occasionally. I might be interested in the one in INDY...

Cowboy2 looking hard at some 1200GS's for ME..
TheCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #561
TheCowboy
back in the saddle again

Oddometer: 605
The Gravel Ride

Hey, anyone from here riding down to the Great River Gravel Ride on Thursday? I was going to drive down but now have decided to ride instead. Leaving around noon or so.

Cowboy2
TheCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #562
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy2
Hey, anyone from here riding down to the Great River Gravel Ride on Thursday? I was going to drive down but now have decided to ride instead. Leaving around noon or so.

Cowboy2
Sorry, I'm riding down Fri night and joining the ride Sat morning.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #563
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 4,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsender
Hey Grave I think I saw you out riding Sunday. I had to look twice - a Red Wee ! In the Lino Lakes area.

And Dave I am threatening to ride the 175 up to your shop right after my lunch - did you bring your bike today ?

It sure could have been me you saw on Sunday. I was through Lino about 5:30 PM ish on Sunday - on my way home from a weekend camping trip in West Salem, WI. If you see me again give me the salute

I like to pretend everyone who flips me off is an ADV'er just sayin' hi!
*Gravy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #564
Techsender
Adventurer

It had to have been you, right time frame. I will salute next time.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #565
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 4,079
Tech - did I see you around 4 ish today on 20th ave in Lino? dark colored wee. I was in a mood today and far exceeding posted limits so my wave was a little abbreviated . I'm in that same place on the same bike at about that same time every day if it was you and I see you again I'll whip around and introduce myself.
*Gravy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #566
Techsender
Adventurer

It probably was me, I have a silver wee with the black suitcase on the back. Since I live in C Ville and work in Lino that was probably me. That wasnt you on the scooter following me ? I'll have one of the two bikes out tomorrow - I am wanting to get the 175 out but have to move a tool cabinet to get to it - the wee is in front.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #567
MNMCNUT
lost boy

Oddometer: 6
meet and greet

I will do my best to make it. I will even try to make it a little early, as I always seem to miss the beginning. Stuart
Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #568
JJMSP OP
Cervicalgia

Oddometer: 1,547
July 29 at Donatelli's

July 29, 2008
at Donatelli's in White Bear Lake

http://www.donatellis.com/index.php

at 7pm - who else is in?

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ~ T.S. Elliot

Save $5 when you join smugmug! use code yvtwmtzwtnSZA
JJMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #569
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMSP
July 29, 2008
at Donatelli's in White Bear Lake

http://www.donatellis.com/index.php

at 7pm - who else is in?
Me. I updated the Google Calendar with the location.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #570
judjonzz
Beastly

Oddometer: 1,998
In.