User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #136
gpsa

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiidirtrider
I still have a hard time finding it so I just lock it into my favorites on my computer. There is some good info here. I have been on thumpertalk and beta-talk but it's time to look all around the web. It's not good to stay in one place too long. I am also ready to check out some other sites for further info and connections . It's good to get out. Nice looking bike there!!! Got some nice goodies!!! Hey I was noticing that nice countershaft guard....What is it and where did you get it? I put on a billet aluminum topar guard and I am thinking of changing it since it looks nice and is strong but I think the mud and debris bind in there.
Get onto Wilko at www.forceaccessories.com.au for the Case Saver, plenty of clearance even with the 15T Front on

Wilko@forceaccessories.com.au
Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #137
Chupa

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Nice pics. Hey how is that KLIM wear? I got some gloves and it works well. I was looking at getting the over the boot pants. I don't have much need for the jacket yet but I plan on going over to the big island(Hawaii) where there is Mauna kea 13,000 ft mtn and the temps get honestly cold. It will be needed then ...and are you having any problems with your graphics coming off? It might be my knee guards and my shrouds are starting to peel. Bike looks set up well...
The Klim stuff is great - not much more than regular gear, but a lot higher quality. I have the Chinook pants, which I really like. They have zipper ventalation openings along the thighs and back of legs. I plan to get the Baja pants for the hot summer. The jacket I picked up from Rock Mtn ATV, which has lots of ventalation zips and is a good value. Rode the Black Doq DS ride up in Hood River OR, which was very wet on Sunday, but stayed reasonably dry and comfortable.

No problems with the graphics coming off with the exception of the Beta logos on the handguards.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #138
Chupa

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by PozoRider
Hey alphaBetadog, I see you have one of the Beta Racks mounted. How is that working out, any problems?
Like the rack and it works great. I think Hawaiidirtrider has it as well. Doesn't weigh much, and has some good grab points. Don't wan't to pack it too high as it would get hard to throw a leg over!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #139
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsa
Get onto Wilko at www.forceaccessories.com.au for the Case Saver, plenty of clearance even with the 15T Front on

Wilko@forceaccessories.com.au
Thanks!!! I'll check it out!!
hawaiidirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #140
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Here's a little Boano racing Beta vid to keep things going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2kG...os=31FYWXCkkSo
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #141
PozoRider
Just Ride

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Here's a little Boano racing Beta vid to keep things going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2kG...os=31FYWXCkkSo
Nice video.
Dick's Desert Dash
American Beta
PozoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 AM   #142
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Boano racing carbon fiber airbox side access?

Ok does anyone have one of these boano racing carbon fiber side access covers/door?

http://www.beta.boano.com/index.asp?cat=5&sottocat=11

I want to avoid taking my seat and rear rack all the time.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #143
buspilot
Dr. Dirt

Oddometer: 41
Here is my '09 Beta RR 450 > Black Betty Edition / Boano Decal

My travels, my pics, my site: http://www.dr-dirt.de
buspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #144
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Hey that bike looks good. I like the different graphics .Nice action pics too. By the way do you or anyone have problems keeping their graphics on their bikes? ...especially the tank shrouds. Mine keep coming off and it's irritating. I am now running some used black plastic all over but with no graphics. It isn't my style. I am thinking of putting just a smaller decal on the front higher section of the shroud that my legs don't rub against.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #145
gpsa

Oddometer: 7
that looks great :)

I ordered my 350 last week the 450 is seeing more big miles racked up
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #146
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,713
Hello to the Beta Thread.

I have been lurking in this thread from time to time and I feel its time for me to post a few questions if you dont mind.

I have been reading up on Betas where I can find info but I am not finding the exact info I am looking for.As it turns out I might like to own one for myself and a local dealer may carry them soon so I am trying to gather more info for both the dealer and I .

My questions are

1 How is replacement parts availability and pricing ?

2 What would be the most sought after models to have on a sales floor (450RR and a 525 DS?)

3 Anyone ever had any warranty issues? and if so were they taken care of?

4 Anything on the bikes that could be designed better? or that gets in the way of the rider or the riders riding gear?

5 Anyone out there a tall rider over 6ft? if so which bike do you have and how it the ergos on the bike for you?

I have read forums here and there and I really cannot find any negative remarks about the models so I am guessing they are a good machine and I hope they stay around for awhile .

Thanks in advance
Brainless
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #147
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

[quote=Brainless_1]Hello to the Beta Thread.

I have been lurking in this thread from time to time and I feel its time for me to post a few questions if you dont mind.

I have been reading up on Betas where I can find info but I am not finding the exact info I am looking for.As it turns out I might like to own one for myself and a local dealer may carry them soon so I am trying to gather more info for both the dealer and I .

My questions are

1 How is replacement parts availability and pricing ?

I have an 09 525 RS and I have had no problem whatsoever as far as parts availability and the pricing has been not excessive except for a few weird things like the upgraded footpegs which were a couple of hundred bucks. As a matter of fact I have to say that Beta has been excellent overall for service and attention to their customers. The price is totally in range for the bike category. Ktm and Husky and husaberg etc. It is actually on the lower price range because a bunch of people don't know what it is and go with the more popular known brands. The 10' and earlier dualsport models have the rfs motor which also means you can get motor parts availability from any ktm dealership. That was a selling point for me. The rfs motor also has a reputation for great power and reliability.

2 What would be the most sought after models to have on a sales floor (450RR and a 525 DS?)

That depends on what you want. I wanted a street legal dirtbike so I went with the RS. I also already have a 2 stroke honda really love and that I have set up for heavy hardcore trails . If I had to have one bike I would have the Beta but I have to say I really like my 2 stroke ...plus I wouldn't want to bust up my dualsport for the real brutal trail rides. Well that is the question. The all new bike is supposed to be better on a bunch of levels but I can't talk because I haven't ridden the bike. My dealer (who is an A level rider and someone I trust ) recently smoked everyone at the local endurocross in 4 classes with the 2010 520RR . The thing is the new motor is just that and I don't know about the longevity/reliability until a few years go by. Next year the dualsport will be with the new motor too. The good thing about the new motor is it is easy to ride down low and in the middle but has a mean top end. All the reviews I have seen mark the new Beta as being excellent but you have to get someone else to tell you about that. I know owners that have ridden the new bike say I should sell mine and upgrade.

3 Anyone ever had any warranty issues? and if so were they taken care of?

I have heard of a guy on Thumpertalk that got a whole frame warranteed. He posted it and was super stoked. He was using his Beta for motocross and was jumping it while his honda was broken. I guess he must have been doing some airtime. It is pretty good that there is even a waranty at all these days. I haven't had the need to use it .

4 Anything on the bikes that could be designed better? or that gets in the way of the rider or the riders riding gear?

It seems the new bikes have all the improved design issues dealt with...from what I can see. The push button taking off of the seat to reach the aircleaner was my petpeave but that was the main one. There are some clips instead of nuts for some bolts and screws here and there that I would change. I put a small carry rack over the back fender for a grab handle in trails( also improved and addressed for the 2010 and up. American beta has added all the mods I have wanted that didn't have earlier. Rear disk guard for one now is on the accessories catalog. Everything is there that you might want as far as I am concerned. On my 09' there are nutserts that the bolts for the seat screw into. Those strip sometimes so some have figured out different ways to improve that or just replace the nutserts every once in a while.

5 Anyone out there a tall rider over 6ft? if so which bike do you have and how it the ergos on the bike for you?

I am 6'1 and the bike works great for me. I ride singletrack and tight stuff with some open and I like the bike fine. I understand that if you ride desert it makes sense to change the tripleclamps. I have ridden around 70 on fire roads and I had no problems. Depends on where you ride and your riding style. For tight and singletrack I have literally ridden it right off the showroom floor and not changed a setting until recently changing the sag. I am sure I could improve the bike but it works so perfectly for me just the way it is.

I was just like you watching in the wings and I thought it unusual to find so many Beta owners being way too happy with their bikes. It intrigued me and kept following posts until I just got one. I am super happy with my bike. I have a street legal dirt bike that I can and do take into the worst conditions and it works awesome.

Here is my bike and a short open trail ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjoMGAlIDYw

hawaiidirtrider screwed with this post 08-24-2010 at 12:56 AM
Old 08-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #148
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Quote:
Ok does anyone have one of these boano racing carbon fiber side access covers/door?

http://www.beta.boano.com/index.asp?cat=5&sottocat=11

I want to avoid taking my seat and rear rack all the time.
I just ordered the carbon fiber side cover access (not the door version) . I will see how it works when I get it.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #149
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,713
Thanks hawaiidirtrider,

You have given alot of usefull information and your comments have been noted.

I have once again been on the Beta website and I found they have added some photos of the 2011 offroad bikes and also a cool pic of a Beta going up and over a tree stump.

Even though I searched the website I couldnt find any info if Beta or American Beta has any sort of financing available.If Beta has some sort of financing available it would make it alot easier to posses one and alot more appealing for dealers to put them on their sales floors.
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #150
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1
Thanks hawaiidirtrider,

You have given alot of usefull information and your comments have been noted.

I have once again been on the Beta website and I found they have added some photos of the 2011 offroad bikes and also a cool pic of a Beta going up and over a tree stump.

Even though I searched the website I couldnt find any info if Beta or American Beta has any sort of financing available.If Beta has some sort of financing available it would make it alot easier to posses one and alot more appealing for dealers to put them on their sales floors.
I guess it depends on your dealer as far as financing goes . You could just go to your credit union/bank etc and probably get a better rate than your dealer anyway. Check also with your dealer as last year before the end of the year there were demo models , used race bikes etc that were a steal...at least in comparison to buying brand new. Pictures of bikes and descriptions from a bunch of different dealerships from across the U.S. were e-mailed to my dealer and he asked me if I knew anyone who might be interested.. It was before the new bikes came in.. . I don't know if they will do that this year but a couple of guys scored. It's all about timing and where you are and if you had the cash at the time of course. You never know but it's good to check as it is coming up to the end of the year. I must say though that the word is out on Beta's and they are now in more demand. The prices will probably be a bit higher than last time. ..just check just in case.