Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #121
bobbe
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiidirtrider
Here is my first attempt at a video. It is self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117

Dis is de Beta 525 video.........
Nice video.

Strange position for the camera... it was'nt on the helmet!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #122
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbe
Nice video.

Strange position for the camera... it was'nt on the helmet!

It was ziptied to my chest protector. It kind of controls the whipping around eye focusing that goes with some helmet cam shots sometimes. I gotta make more. Lots of times I go ride and forget the thing or forget batteries etc.
hawaiidirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #123
Chupa

Oddometer: n/a
A couple of photos from last weekend's rides:

Old 04-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #124
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Beautiful pictures!!!!! Bike looks great!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #125
Chupa

Quote:
Beautiful pictures!!!!! Bike looks great!!!
Thanks Hawaiidirtrider! I got the bike pretty dialed in and am really enjoying it. Got a BRP top triple clamp and handlebar SUB mounts and installed my Scotts damper today. Still need to weld on the post to the frame. Got some Motoz tires coming and that is pretty much it. Hum... Maybe one of Chip's shark fin for the rear rotor...
Old 05-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #126
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa
Thanks Hawaiidirtrider! I got the bike pretty dialed in and am really enjoying it. Got a BRP top triple clamp and handlebar SUB mounts and installed my Scotts damper today. Still need to weld on the post to the frame. Got some Motoz tires coming and that is pretty much it. Hum... Maybe one of Chip's shark fin for the rear rotor...
Hey I ordered some Motoz tires too...tracula 130-18...I hope it works for theslippery clay mud and roots around here. What did you get and how does it work?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #127
Chupa

Quote:
Hey I ordered some Motoz tires too...tracula 130-18...I hope it works for theslippery clay mud and roots around here. What did you get and how does it work?
I changed my handle to alphaBETAdog from Chupa like on TT, I'm the same guy.

I got the Motoz desert HT, which seem like the right choice for the AZ desert and rocky mountain conditions. We got the opposite conditions you have! I didn't mount them yet as I had a new Kenda Trackmaster II left over from my DRZ that I wanted to wear out first. Also, I'm going to ride the Black Dog Dual Sport up in Oregon next month, and not sure if the LEO's will be looking for DOT tires. The Motoz are emblazoned with: "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" in 1/2" high letters. Couldn't broadcast it more if it was on a billboard!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #128
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

The tracula tires are not available anymore from what got back to my dealer. I think I got a big tractionator Motoz tire si ? enduro tire? I got a set ordered front and back. I left it up the the distributor to guess what would be best for our wet slippery clay stuff. It's just a guestimate anyway . If the tire hasn't been used in the kind of soil you ride in there is no experience. I haven't seen anyone around here use it so I may be the first. From the description the tracula sounded like it would work best but that's just a guess. The offroad marking is unfortunate. I just put a mt16 pirelli on the rear and a metzler up front. The pirelli isn't DOT...I never heard of local police caring about bike tires...So I guess I'll find out.

hawaiidirtrider screwed with this post 06-06-2010 at 06:11 PM
Old 06-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #129
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Nice pics. Hey how is that KLIM wear? I got some gloves and it works well. I was looking at getting the over the boot pants. I don't have much need for the jacket yet but I plan on going over to the big island(Hawaii) where there is Mauna kea 13,000 ft mtn and the temps get honestly cold. It will be needed then ...and are you having any problems with your graphics coming off? It might be my knee guards and my shrouds are starting to peel. Bike looks set up well...

[/quote]
Old 06-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #130
PozoRider
Just Ride

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa
A couple of photos from last weekend's rides:

Hey alphaBetadog, I see you have one of the Beta Racks mounted. How is that working out, any problems?
Dick's Desert Dash
American Beta
PozoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #131
PozoRider
Just Ride

Oddometer: 209
Laugh 2010 Beta is AWESOME!

I hate to do this to you guys, but you better start saving up your pennies! I've been riding a 2010 525 for the last month. The bike is amazingly better than the 09! Just pushing it into the truck you can tell it's many pounds lighter. Comparing the 2010 to the 09 side by side is amazing, lighter, more agile, better power. The worst thing about the 2010 is that I have to ride everyone else's junk when they want to ride it. When you get a chance ride one you will have your "junk" up for sale!

Because of the new bike I have an IMS clear tank for sale, $100.
Dick's Desert Dash
American Beta
PozoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #132
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Thanks for the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoboy
i do this from time to time anyone on here from the uk?
http://www.enduroland.co.uk/
This looks fun...can't get very much further away on the globe from Hawaii and our riding. Looks great and fun!! Not much in the way of grass tracks here and we don't even ride marking our trails this way either. The internet is a wonderful thing.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #133
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozoRider
I hate to do this to you guys, but you better start saving up your pennies! I've been riding a 2010 525 for the last month. The bike is amazingly better than the 09! Just pushing it into the truck you can tell it's many pounds lighter. Comparing the 2010 to the 09 side by side is amazing, lighter, more agile, better power. The worst thing about the 2010 is that I have to ride everyone else's junk when they want to ride it. When you get a chance ride one you will have your "junk" up for sale!

Because of the new bike I have an IMS clear tank for sale, $100.
Ouch!!! I was thinking that might happen. I keep rationalizing that the rfs motor should be more reliable but I don't really know that. My dealer is a big strong vet A rider and he just won all his classes at the local endurocrossish/grand prix last weekend riding the 2010 520. I know I can ride his bike and understand what you are talking about. That should come one of these next weekends coming up. I have also wondered about changing the triple clamps to match the more upgraded offset in the future. Americanbeta and emig racing have sets available. I have read that that has been what some beta race team guys have done. That is only later if I feel the improvement is that much better. Right now I love it the way it is and I haven't even played with the suspension at all. I mainly don't do high speed stuff where I ride. Supposedly at high speed there is a front end twitch that is scary. I got it up to around 70 on canefield roads and I didn't notice anything. Maybe if I was in the desert pushing it more I would feel it. I do like the seat/grab area very much and the bike does feel lighter pushing it around. My 09 is pretty set up except for the suspension(pretty good the way it is) which will be dealt with in time and I want a scotts damper. It's a want thing as I don't feel much need for it now. I noticed a real enough difference in my 01 cr 250 . I also changed to a 20mm offset for that bike and it did improve handling and turning too. I put a bigger 90/100-21 front tire but didn't ride it yet on my Beta. Hopefully that will make even more improvement.

hawaiidirtrider screwed with this post 06-06-2010 at 06:13 PM
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 AM   #134
gpsa

Oddometer: 7
Last couple of times I searched here & couldn't find BETA, what a HUGE forum.

Here's my 08, bloody terrific machine. An absolute trouble free pleasure of a bike.

It`s been swimming plenty , done a heap of single track & some longer rides, never been a problem. After years on Husky's & a couple of Kato's, I dumped an 08 TE450 and jumped ship to Beta, these bikes are the gold at the end of the rainbow.

It will get some serious kms and a real test in August, check this out
www.5tostayalive.com

Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #135
hawaiidirtrider
Adventurer

I still have a hard time finding it so I just lock it into my favorites on my computer. There is some good info here. I have been on thumpertalk and beta-talk but it's time to look all around the web. It's not good to stay in one place too long. I am also ready to check out some other sites for further info and connections . It's good to get out. Nice looking bike there!!! Got some nice goodies!!! Hey I was noticing that nice countershaft guard....What is it and where did you get it? I put on a billet aluminum topar guard and I am thinking of changing it since it looks nice and is strong but I think the mud and debris bind in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsa
Last couple of times I searched here & couldn't find BETA, what a HUGE forum.

Here's my 08, bloody terrific machine. An absolute trouble free pleasure of a bike.

It`s been swimming plenty , done a heap of single track & some longer rides, never been a problem. After years on Husky's & a couple of Kato's, I dumped an 08 TE450 and jumped ship to Beta, these bikes are the gold at the end of the rainbow.

It will get some serious kms and a real test in August, check this out
www.5tostayalive.com

hawaiidirtrider screwed with this post 06-07-2010 at 04:02 PM