ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #16
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloyosh
It says in the article that it is ECE certified.
Actually it says " it meets ECE approval (in all of its different configurations)". This is smoke and mirrors from the manufacturer meaning: 1)We designed it with the intention of getting the ECE approval or 2)We don't wan't you to know that it is certified to the open face helmet standard (which it is).

Maybe both.

Having been in the certification business. The standard should be listed!
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
soloyosh
Dad and husband
 
soloyosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: LHC, AZ
Oddometer: 5,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh
Actually it says " it meets ECE approval (in all of its different configurations)". This is smoke and mirrors from the manufacturer meaning: 1)We designed it with the intention of getting the ECE approval or 2)We don't wan't you to know that it is certified to the open face helmet standard (which it is).

Maybe both.

Having been in the certification business. The standard should be listed!
I never figured it was cert'd as a fullface. I always figured it was cert'd as a jet like the Airoh TR1. I do a agree they could be a bit more clear as to what its actually certified as. The new Shark Evoline actually lists that is certified as a Full face and Jet.
__________________
2007 Aprilia RXV 5.5
soloyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
Lochlyn_Deckard
Dex Moto(naut)
 
Lochlyn_Deckard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Central New York, United States
Oddometer: 989
So this is interesting.

From www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycles/best-motorcycle-products-2008.htm (bottom of page):

Shark Evoline North American Version (ECE Version Review) -
The North American version of the unique Shark Evoline arrived a couple of weeks ago and we haven't quite finished our evaluation yet, but what a difference a continent makes!


We weren't too thrilled with the European version of the Evoline we reviewed in August of 2008. Maybe it was one of the first off the assembly line, or perhaps we ended up with a ringer. But the DOT approved version is everything the ECE version wasn't. Or isn't.

This one fits beautifully, it has one of the most impressive surface finishes we've ever seen on a motorcycle helmet, and it works like a charm. It's quiet, too! Review coming soon, but in the meantime, since we've been riding with this one for the last few weeks, we're giving it this special 2008 mention for the Most Improved Product of 2008.



Edit: Uhhh yeah. It's official. I smoke crack sometimes. This should have been here: Shark Evoline - www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319015. Xeraux why didn't ya ask me why I posted in this thread? And it looks like it has been added to the appropriate thread. I was drunk too okay!? Yeah, that's it.
__________________
2003 Kawasaki Ninja 500 R - MFP ADV
www.ninja250.org www.ex-500.com
Flickr - Lochlyn Deckard (D.C.D.)

Lochlyn_Deckard screwed with this post 01-05-2009 at 11:16 PM
Lochlyn_Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #19
Xeraux
Archvillain
 
Xeraux's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlyn_Deckard
So this is interesting.

From www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycles/best-motorcycle-products-2008.htm (bottom of page):

Shark Evoline North American Version (ECE Version Review) -
The North American version of the unique Shark Evoline arrived a couple of weeks ago and we haven't quite finished our evaluation yet, but what a difference a continent makes!

We weren't too thrilled with the European version of the Evoline we reviewed in August of 2008. Maybe it was one of the first off the assembly line, or perhaps we ended up with a ringer. But the DOT approved version is everything the ECE version wasn't. Or isn't.

This one fits beautifully, it has one of the most impressive surface finishes we've ever seen on a motorcycle helmet, and it works like a charm. It's quiet, too! Review coming soon, but in the meantime, since we've been riding with this one for the last few weeks, we're giving it this special 2008 mention for the Most Improved Product of 2008.
I tried to put one on my head in August thie year.

I couldn't get one to fit no matter what I tried. I was absoultely swimming in a large (which is what I wear in everything else), a medium was still a little big (still moved around on my head), and I couldn't even get my head in a small. I know it certs as a full-face in Europe, but it still felt cheap.
__________________
Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer
 
birdie_xx's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago,IL
Oddometer: 786
The X.01 from GIVI

Those who were interested in the X.01, can buy it now in USA. The helmet is now offered through the Can-am dealer network, as a part of their riding gear accessories .
It does not say GIVI on it, nor does it bear the X.01 name, but it's the same helmet. The only differences are that the chin guards - cold and warm weather, are sold separately...and the Can-am logo

Check it out

http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessori...-Detail/447427

Cheers,
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #21
sekalilagi
Gnarly Adventurer
 
sekalilagi's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Motown, West Virginia
Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx
Those who were interested in the X.01, can buy it now in USA. The helmet is now offered through the Can-am dealer network, as a part of their riding gear accessories .
It does not say GIVI on it, nor does it bear the X.01 name, but it's the same helmet. The only differences are that the chin guards - cold and warm weather, are sold separately...and the Can-am logo

Check it out

http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessori...-Detail/447427

Cheers,
Thanks for the tip! I'm just trying out an X.06 that has an incredible eyeport and generally liking it quite well.
__________________
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F Kennedy


sekalilagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #22
Snarky
Vodka Infused.
 
Snarky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Old El Paso and Swamp Houston
Oddometer: 1,342
Givi X.01 Tourer Helmet

Revzilla has a release date on this helmet for Mid-May. It seems pretty bad ass as far as features. I have a Nexx X30 Viper, a Icon Variant, a Arai XD-4 in my collection. I'm looking forward to the Givi as more of an around town kind of helmet.

Features:
Removable peak visor.
Pinlock shield
Removable Chin guard
sun visor



I hope it's decent...
__________________
ALL ADDERS ARE PUFFS!
2012 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 Kawasaki Versys (sold), 2001 Yamaha XT225 (sold)
PC Gamer? Support Star Citizen! Save PC Gaming and bring back Space Sims!
Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 843
Here's a link to Revzilla's page:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/g...-tourer-helmet

If anyone gets this helmet, a review would be appreciated. I'm especially interested in the venting and whether there's space for helmet speakers. Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Revzilla has a release date on this helmet for Mid-May. It seems pretty bad ass as far as features. I have a Nexx X30 Viper, a Icon Variant, a Arai XD-4 in my collection. I'm looking forward to the Givi as more of an around town kind of helmet.

Features:
Removable peak visor.
Pinlock shield
Removable Chin guard
sun visor



I hope it's decent...
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 843
speakers & vents

I posed questions on Revzilla about these two issues and was told that, yes, there's room for helmet speakers inside and yes, the top vents can be closed.

As they're still not available here in the US yet, any reviews from overseas would be appreciated.
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #25
Velocifer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: location, location
Oddometer: 113
The Canadian distributor for Givi says these helmets will NOT be available in North America. Even in provinces that only require the ECE standard, no DOT.
__________________
No matter where you go, there you are .
Buckaroo Banzai
Velocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #26
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 843
Well dang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocifer View Post
The Canadian distributor for Givi says these helmets will NOT be available in North America. Even in provinces that only require the ECE standard, no DOT.
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #27
FatherX
demisocial
 
FatherX's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: NE Ohio,USA
Oddometer: 4,447
these guys ship "worldwide"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASCO-integr...item3caf3916c2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251181211201...84.m1423.l2649
__________________
I love these goofy bikes and their "let's go make coffee some place stupid, instead of, a stupid place to buy coffee" mentalities.
FatherX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #28
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 843
1. If the helmet doesn't fit you've got to ship it back to the EU?
2. Helmets that aren't DOT rated is a deal breaker, at least for me. DOT certification is required for helmets used in USAC bike racing moto work which I would use it for.

__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #29
Snarky
Vodka Infused.
 
Snarky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Old El Paso and Swamp Houston
Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocifer View Post
The Canadian distributor for Givi says these helmets will NOT be available in North America. Even in provinces that only require the ECE standard, no DOT.
For sale in the summer?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/g...-tourer-helmet
__________________
ALL ADDERS ARE PUFFS!
2012 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 Kawasaki Versys (sold), 2001 Yamaha XT225 (sold)
PC Gamer? Support Star Citizen! Save PC Gaming and bring back Space Sims!
Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
genka
SUV hater
 
genka's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 1,558
I'm also watching this helmet. The availability date used to be May 16th, now it says "Summer".
It would be the first enduro style helmet of a decent quality with a build-in sun shade. Right now the only choices are BiLT Explorer and AFX-FX39. I have the AFX and would like to replace it with a better helmet.
__________________
.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014