User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
YorkieBoy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Wanted : Post 96 Suzuki DR650

I'm on the lookout for a Suzuki DR650se, that's the post 96 model after the redesign. Good money offered now that I've got the cheque from the insurance after Stevie Wonder wrote off my last one

Cheers
YorkieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #17
Xander
always in the shadows

Oddometer: 36
North Face Slickrock 2-man tent-FS UK

North Face Slickrock 2-man tent

We bought this tent 9 years ago to go world backpacking for 5 months. Itís an ultralight mountaineering-style tent, and packs nice and small. The design uses a half-fly and half single wall design Ė reduces the weight big time. It slept the two of us well for our trip Ė enough room to line the backpacks down the side while we slept. Itís well-suited for a solo traveller. It has two side doors, so you can get in and out without climbing over each other or your gear. The big advantages of this tent is that it is completely free-standing and takes hardly any time to set up, even with one person. Only two poles are used, clip on the half-fly, and youíre done! The nice thing is that when the weather is miserable or itís dark, you and your gear can be inside in the space of a few minutes, and if youíre at a site with rock-hard ground, you donít have to worry about pegging it out. The fly ends need pegging, but only two pegs are required, and it doesnít have to be that secure (i.e. rocks will do!). It comes with fly-lines for staking out in high winds.

The tent hasnít been used much since 2000, mostly for solo trips. There is a repair (professionally done) in the lower section on one side (see pictures, inside and outside), otherwise the tent is in excellent shape. We are selling because we have upgraded to a bigger tent with full fly for our upcoming RTW motorcycle trip. Asking £60 or best offer (shipping costs not included).

This tent is no longer produced (newer versions available now), but weíve found some good reviews on the web that might help you:
BackpackGearTest.org Review - /reviews/Shelters/Tents/TNF Slickrock Tent/Owner Review by Peggy Dodson

BackpackGearTest.org Review - /reviews/Shelters/Tents/TNF Slickrock Tent/Owner Review by Bill Ward

the north face slickrock - tents - backpacking gear - TheBackpacker.com

Hiker's Corner The North Face Slickrock Tent Review

The North Face Slickrock Reviews. Buying guides & consumer product reviews at Epinions.com

Specs as follows:
The North Face Slickrock
WEIGHT 4 lb 1 oz (1.85 kg)
SURFACE AREA 33.0 sq. ft. (3.1 sq. m)
VESTIBULE 8.0 sq. ft (0.7 sq. m)
FOOTPRINT DIMENSIONS 87" x 58" (221 cm x 147 cm)
PEAK HEIGHT 38" (97 cm)
# OF DOORS 2
SUGGESTED CAPACITY 2
# POLES 2
FREESTANDING? Yes
MINIMUM # STAKES REQUIRED 2
TOTAL # STAKE OUT POINTS 7

40D polyester ripstop fly sheet is ultralight, UV resistant, and stormproof. Nylon ripstop canopy is lightweight and breathable with soothing color and partial translucence for long-term user satisfaction. DAC Featherlite aluminum poles are up to 15% lighter than poles of equal strength and, as there are no inserts, are less susceptible to failure. Fully continuous pole sleeves and pole pockets increase structural integrity and ease pitching. Pole pockets allow quick pitching by one person. Freestanding batwing half-fly design saves weight and pitches in a flash. Reflective guy line loops and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls make it easy to find the tent or adjust it in the dark without knocking it over. Dual doors provide easy accessibility and venting options. High and low venting created with mesh canopy for climate control. Color-coding of tent poles to pole sleeves/pole sleeve binding and canopy webbing to fly sheet webbing eases pitching and ensures correct set-up the first time. Compression stuffsack included.

Taken next to a BMW system 5 helmet so you can see how small it packs

First Three are with fly on it, 4th is without.

With out the fly

This shows the repair job, from both the inside and out..
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #18
Xander
always in the shadows

Oddometer: 36
FS: Cannon XL1S pro Video camera (UK)

Cannon XL1s for sale. I bought this camera new a little over a year ago, and it has less then 40 hours use. It was never used as a player, I only ever used Sony Premium MiniDV Tapeand is in excellent condition. Camera Comes with 16X lens with sun hood, two foam and one fur microphone socks, remote control, 2 batteries, mains charger and mains adaptor, sony head cleaner (never used) and all paper work from original packing. Also included is a Lowpro Nature Trekker AWII backpack. Asking £900.00 or nearest reasonable offer (+ delivery). Camera is located in Lichfield UK and is available for inspection. I can get actual pictures upon request.

Picture stolen off the web (sorry if i have breached copywrite will remove upon request..) Lots of other things to be sold to fund trip so watch this space.

Xander screwed with this post 07-29-2008 at 04:09 AM
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:18 AM   #19
GPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Wanted

Wanted Front Wheel Hub for a 1200 GSA.
PM me with info please.
http://www.justgiving.com/advrideruk
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #20
foolonastrom
Fool on a Strom

Oddometer: 358
Can you not fix the old one with zip ties???
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
GPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolonastrom
Can you not fix the old one with zip ties???
I'm sure I could but the old one's not broke, I want another to attach to another (larger) rim.
http://www.justgiving.com/advrideruk
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #22
boboneleg
we can rebuild him.

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS
I'm sure I could but the old one's not broke, I want another to attach to another (larger) rim.
can't help with the hub but I have got a front shock in my garage. Looking at the part no' it sugests it's from a 1200, if you want to collect (Bristol) it's yours for the price of a pint
Old 08-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
Super Tenere

Kinda reluctant sale of my 1991 Super Tenere XTZ750. 63k kilometers, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, just had carbs stripped n cleaned, new plugs, air filters, and oil change.

Has TKC-80s with less than 500 miles use; Remus exhaust and good condition downpipes (I think they are Motad). New Acerbis Rally h/guards and new Skidmarx touring screen.

Bad points; advisory on brake pads, and could probably do with new C&S in next 1000 miles. Bodywork as you would expect on an 18-year old bike.

To you guvnor, £950.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #24
philip Kelly
phil kelly

Oddometer: 105
BMW F650GS 2006 Red For Sale in Dublin Ireland

Bike Make : BMW
Bike Model : F650GS
Year : 2006 June
Mileage : 15,000miles
Colour : Red
Extras : ABS, Alarm and immobilser, star com system, and Givi Top Box.
Overall Bike Condition : Perfect
Tyre/Chain/Sprocket Condition : will be Brand New next week
Service History/Receipts/Recent Service work : Full service History available
Non Restricted/Shop Restricted/Factory Restricted : Not restricted
Bike Location : Dublin 16
Irish/English Registered : Irish Reg from Joe Duffy.

Any Other Relevant Info : New Front Tyre and Brake Pads 3 weeks ago, new Chain and Sprocket going on next week, and full oil and sparks being done also.
I have put a new Dakar seat on it, but also have the lower one if it is required, for nothin, the taller one is perfect for 6'+ the smaller for any size below that.

Price : Ä 5,900

Contact Phil :- 087 2512031

or kellphilip@gmail.com

Location Dublin Ireland
Attached Images

philip Kelly screwed with this post 10-25-2008 at 03:16 PM
philip Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 AM   #25
wonky
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 471
FOR SALE: 2006 KTM 990 Adventure, Orange, ABS, 7200miles, £6350 ono

Hi,

I bought this bike to develop products with and use at shows as it is in immaculate original condition, having only ever being used in the dry. I believe the closest thing to any real adventure it has seen was a particularly worrying trip to Tesco Metro when they'd ran out of milk!

It has the full KTM service history, ABS, is orange and Grey, has 6 months Tax, recent Pirelli Scorpion tyres, Hepco and Becker engine guards and heated grips. It will also have an aluminium sump guard which is being made at the moment.

The bike is in Burnley at the moment and is available for viewing. Test rides are only available to serious buyers with cash.

I can take cash, a cheque or bankers draft (once funds have cleared) or Paypal (although I would have to put a couple of percent on the price to cover the costs stolen by Paypal).

Price is £6350 or nearest offer

To arrange a viewing or if you have anymore questions please call me on 07900 216521

Cheers

Chris
PS. Photos to follow.
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate

wonky screwed with this post 09-11-2008 at 02:33 AM Reason: more info
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #26
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Africa Twin For Sale UK.

Details in Flea Market Here
Old 09-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #27
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Gasgas Pampera

Now Sold--28th Sept--Gasgas Pampera 2003
Genuine reason for sale--newish CRF coming.
As seen in Rhayader recently--taxed and tested until Jan 2009. Not perfect, but pretty clean and ready to rock. 98 kgs, low seat, bags of torque and very reliable. Original apart from a few carbon/kevlar bits, modified KTM nylon bashplate and handguards, new Renthals and front sprocket. Gearing is slightly higher than standard to make 50 mph on the road with ease. All works including horn and indicators. I'm the second owner from new and it hasn't had much use. Gasgas quality is not the best so don't expect pristine paint etc--but nothing has broken or fallen off. I can deliver for petrol cost. This is in advance of listing on e-bay for the ADV crew-- so pm me with a sensible offer. I can send more pics etc via e-mail. (or tel 01778345915 if you want to chat)
Chris
Attached Images

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 09-28-2008 at 11:52 AM
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #28
SpitfireTriple
Seek Truth

Oddometer: 876
Chatter?

Note to PhilSpace

I know some Americans might think of the EU as a homogenous market (Ebay tends to). Europe may be close geographically to Britain, but to describe it as "local" reveals a lack of understanding of the importance of language and culture.

Don't believe me? Look at the 29 previous posts on here. 27 are from the UK. One is from Dublin (Eire) and the other from the US. If this seems odd, consider your reaction if you came across a website where, say, Texas was lumped together with Mexico as a "region".

Give the thread the title it clearly deserves: Replace "EU" with "UK", "Europe" with "Britain" or "British Isles".

Up to you whether you think it's worth having a separate "For Sale" thread for The (european) Continent. The (lack of) posts here so far would suggest not. But it would only be fair.

And in the Regional Forums, if New Zealand, a country of 4 million counts as a discrete "region", then surely Britain, with 60 million...?

Of course, if Britain were to be recognised as discrete, there are many things, eg planning trans-europe tours, where Britons would still turn to the europe forum.

SpitfireTriple screwed with this post 09-24-2008 at 03:13 AM
SpitfireTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 AM   #29
the white rabbit
Vicarious

Oddometer: 3,051
I am loathe to post this here as it is 'noise' but in reply to the last poster I strongly feel that there is no justification for separating UK from Europe in this section, especially based on just one for sale thread. The last poster is of course entitled to his view and mine is simply different.

If the poster looks at the the threads in Europe it is clear that although UK does sometimes dominate, the threads cross borders and indeed on our UK rally's we get european attendees and these grew from the idea of the Europe Rallies. Most posting from the UK in the Europe section look more widely than just UK. There are many UK only forums, and that's why some of us prefer it here, as it looks outward.

Anyway, bump for Chris's GasGas, lovely bike, goes well on road and didnt miss a beat in Rhayader.

the white rabbit screwed with this post 09-25-2008 at 01:32 AM
the white rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 AM   #30
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,207
This thread was requested by a member who posts in the European forum as a convenience only. We don't allow flea market activity in regional forums, but the request was interesting and seemed like an exception might be worth a try.

I would suggest that if someone in the UK, or any other country, really was interested in selling something "regionally", he/she would have many other more productive options, to include forums such as UKGSer, or any one of the many local or regional forums.

The intent of the thread was to assist the people who routinely visit or post in this forum to bring attention to threads that they might not normally see in the Flea Market.

Due to the post count, this thread was probably not needed, and really doesn't even warrant being a sticky, but it also hasn't consumed any major resources or distracted from anything either. IMHO, if it has helped anyone, it was worth it. Again this thread was an exception to policy that never caused any additional effort from a management standpoint, which was our concern. The proliferation of additional threads like this for different areas is not an option. At that point we would require all for sale posts be posted in and follow the rules of the appropriate flea market forum, which is closely managed and groomed over time.

Phil

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote