User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #16
longrider999
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
VALKYRIE women

ladydraco,thank you for starting this thread.ive had my 97 VALk for 5 years and 52K miles.my favorite abusive line is to pull up to a harley rider at a lite and say"beautiful bike, is it fast TOO."i like to throw in a free demonstation if theyve got the balls for it.ive only seen a couple gals riding their own valkyries.my own opinion is its a little to much bike for alot of harley riders.i had 2 harleys in the garage when i bought the JUNKYARD DOG(my black valkyrie) in 03.he had been poorly treated and twice salvaged .i fell so bad for him that i took him home for $4000.best low temp starting bike ive ever owned.my HD 94 ultra classic and 85 HD FLT lasted 4 years but i sold them both last spring.almost bought a 98 VALK INTERState with the $$$$$but decided on a 00BMW K1200LT.so i am down to 2 bikes now and thinking about another HARLEY.theyre slow but alot of women tell me theyre butts dont sit on anything but HD.im not desperate enough yet but come spring who knows.anybody own a HD VRASCA and can give me a report on how they like them??????
longrider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
JV
What?

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunRider
And what's a first post without posting something that will surely start a 20 page argument....

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #18
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,686
Hey JV !!! How are you !!! How do you like your Triple tread !!
I love mine ... It really hugs the road in all weather....

LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #19
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrider999
ladydraco,thank you for starting this thread.ive had my 97 VALk for 5 years and 52K miles.my favorite abusive line is to pull up to a harley rider at a lite and say"beautiful bike, is it fast TOO."i like to throw in a free demonstation if theyve got the balls for it.ive only seen a couple gals riding their own valkyries.my own opinion is its a little to much bike for alot of harley riders.i had 2 harleys in the garage when i bought the JUNKYARD DOG(my black valkyrie) in 03.he had been poorly treated and twice salvaged .i fell so bad for him that i took him home for $4000.best low temp starting bike ive ever owned.my HD 94 ultra classic and 85 HD FLT lasted 4 years but i sold them both last spring.almost bought a 98 VALK INTERState with the $$$$$but decided on a 00BMW K1200LT.so i am down to 2 bikes now and thinking about another HARLEY.theyre slow but alot of women tell me theyre butts dont sit on anything but HD.im not desperate enough yet but come spring who knows.anybody own a HD VRASCA and can give me a report on how they like them??????

Your Welcome Longrider999...
Some of you here might know who I am.... Some of you know my mate Don ( Highbinder) so you know how much we lover our Valks....
And for the ones that don't know us.... Here are my two babies....

TheBeast ~ This is the one I ride the most it now has 122k and the clutch went in the fall.... Here's some of the work and photos .It's here in garage area of ADV.But here's the link... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312908

(TheBlack)
Here is the one I have been building on since last year ... We just finished raking the front end.. And rebuilding the forks and springs and a new steering head bearings..And I/S tank and motosen Gauges.. This bike has 82k , I triked it at 75k... While I have been working on TheBeast (bike above) I still can ride ... I'm Very pleased with how this bike turned out... Our Valks are our life....

TheBlack.. LastFall.. With TheBeast's saddle..

Here is it Now with the raked front end and own saddle... Note no rear seat or footpegs...

After a muddy rainy ride the other day... I loveit !!!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW
I'm not sure if the company that made the exhaust and headers is still in business, but . . . what an awesome setup! It was so much better than the restrictive stock pipes. And it sounded like a muscle-car when you got on the throttle.

When I decided to sell it, a couple flew over from Germany to buy it, ride it around the US for a couple of weeks, and then park it at a family member's house here in the states.

Here it is the last time I saw it.
I think I have seen that Valk before....
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #21
RAW
stamen in the sniffer

Oddometer: 3,838
Andy (the new owner pictured) is a VRCC guy (I think . . . it's one of the Valk clubs) from Germany.

And there was a guy on one of the Valk forums years ago who did up a black Valk kind of like this (Wayne was his name, IIRC), but then he went and got a Boss Hoss or something.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #22
JV
What?

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco
Hey JV !!! How are you !!! How do you like your Triple tread !!
I love mine ... It really hugs the road in all weather....
Patsy and I doing fine. I've had no problems with the tire. Running right at 27,500 miles on it. Not getting the miles each year on the Valk I was getting, with the KLR showing up in the shop one day. That's been a whole different kinda riding that I was needing to explore.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #23
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Cool on the KLR....
I was going to ask about Patsy.. But saw the klr and you signature and wasn't sure if it was you... Glad to hear your both doing well....How has winter been treating you??
We are doing great... Have a stable of Valks now... Don is up to 4..
And as you see I now have 2.... Life has been very good since we moved.. WE still live in Va... but it's on the southwestern part of the state...
I think the last time I have spoken to you was after the collar bone ??
Isn't that correct... How has that been doing??? It has been some time since we have seen you both... Still have the HotDog cart.. It just sits in the shed.. Took it out year before last~Had a Trike rally to do with it....

Sure am glad to see ya post... Keep in touch.... Hey to Pasty !!! See you around .....

Tracy
Old 02-23-2008, 05:59 AM   #24
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW
Andy (the new owner pictured) is a VRCC guy (I think . . . it's one of the Valk clubs) from Germany.

And there was a guy on one of the Valk forums years ago who did up a black Valk kind of like this (Wayne was his name, IIRC), but then he went and got a Boss Hoss or something.
Hey I know Andy from Germany !!!!! It's a small world!! We get X-mas cards from him & his mate....... Cool.... Thanks Raw ...
I'll have to talk to Andy in msn IM......
Old 02-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #25
northsoutheastwest
Alaskaless....for now.

Oddometer: 444
a bit off topic for this thread...but can any of you Valkyrie riders suggest (maybe from experience) what would be a good aux fuel system to install on the bike? My boss has one and wants to ride with me to AK on it and it appears to have a 150 mile range or so stock.

Thanks!!
FYYFF
WERA EX
northsoutheastwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #26
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Well Don and I are going to AK this year too.... He must have a tourer or a STD... I put a I/S tank on my Halfbreed that's the Black one... That now gives me a range of around 190...
The one I'm taking to AK is the Green one .. Funny it's range isn't as good as theblack one due to the black one has a trigger wheel ...

Now the fuel cell that is in one of the GreatWhite north bbs here... Is a good one ... But like someone suggested .. Why not just carrie a 1 gal gas can with ya.... It's a whole lot cheaper.... Something to think about ....

Now there is also a belly fuel tank for valks .. I'll find the link later tonight ...

Northsoutheastwest .. you can pm me if ya like...

Tracy

LadyDraco screwed with this post 02-23-2008 at 01:36 PM
Old 02-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #27
Bubba Satori
Finding my way home

Oddometer: 42,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsoutheastwest
a bit off topic for this thread...but can any of you Valkyrie riders suggest (maybe from experience) what would be a good aux fuel system to install on the bike? My boss has one and wants to ride with me to AK on it and it appears to have a 150 mile range or so stock.

Thanks!!
Here are a few solutions. Hth and good luck.

http://sampson-sporttouring.com/fuel-cells.html
http://www.tourtank.com/
Bubba Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #28
northsoutheastwest
Alaskaless....for now.

Oddometer: 444
thank you both for your suggestions. i am aware of the some of aux tanks out there and really would be just looking to mount something up that he could store fuel in, not ride from. once out in the main tank, we would stop and dump the aux tank's contents into his main tank. the problem is, if my research is correct, is that the bike has a 6.4 gallon tank and gets 28mpg which to be on the safe side for varying road conditions that might create a higher load on the engine, yields a 150-160 mile range till empty for planning purposes. i was under the impression that one needs about a 300 mile range to do some of the remote roads to get to deadhorse. that is the problem...if i go with a tourtank setup that mean the weight of the tank and brackets and 40 so pounds of fuel mounted on the rear rack. aside from the weight being up high, will the rear rack hold 50 pounds or so?

thanks again for info. i dont own a valkyrie, have never ridden one and am trying to engineer something from GA for a bike sitting in MT.

thanks!
FYYFF
WERA EX
northsoutheastwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #29
LadyDraco OP
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Hey Bubba Satori...
I've seen the bottom site before ... But that top site looks really cool with custom work too.... I have been tossing around a custom holder in the rear where a back seat is... My one bike will never have a back seat ..
But it has a strange hole their due to the kit...
Cool site thanks for that link..
Old 02-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #30
longrider999
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
JV and LADY dracos TRIPLE tread

JV and lady draco,can you run a triple tread like the one on thread #17 with a stock rim.i was really impressed when you said you had 27.5K on that tire,JV.how much further will it go before it needs replacement?ive found about the only drawback to the VALK are front and rear tire prices.i think my last DUNLOP was $200 front and $220 rear.im currently running a DUNLOP ELITE 3 on my rear.why did you go to such a huge rear tire?i can understand it on youre 3 wheeler lady draco because of the weight on the 2 rear wheels.but JV how is the handling on youre 2 wheeled valk?is it difficult to handle when not running on the expressway?who makes that triple tread and how much do they cost?thank you.
longrider999 is offline   Reply With Quote