ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #136
Marlin Mike
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hey Gord70 if your traveling M28 just outside of the Sault watch just past the Brimley light and Strongs watch out for the cops. They have been extremely thick through here and they are writting EVERYTHING they can. Don't know why? Maybe their doughnut funds are running low. Good luck on your ride. If you want to hook up a local ride let me know. I'm here in the Mich. Sault.
Marlin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:05 AM   #137
Yooper_Bob OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel
If you want to do it in Houghton, the BMW RA Rally kicks off then. I think fellow adv'er AJ and his smart car should be cruising through that day as well.

Also, dual sport ride this weekend:

http://www.me.mtu.edu/~jpbialas/bmw-rally/

(see the guided ride)
I was thinking of something quick after work....there seem to be several ADVRiders's close to Marquette.

It would be a bit of a stretch to make the run up to Houghton and back in the evening.

But....based on the lack of response, I don't think its gonna happen.
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #138
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooper_drz
I was thinking of something quick after work....there seem to be several ADVRiders's close to Marquette.

It would be a bit of a stretch to make the run up to Houghton and back in the evening.

But....based on the lack of response, I don't think its gonna happen.
Well, I live pretty close to MQT.

But I'll be in Houghton.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #139
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
thanks for all the info cannonshot, I'll have to spend a little time and see what i can make of it all and hopefullly connect some dirt to slab along the way.
thanks for the heads up marlin mike.
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #140
norvegicus
waiting for spring...

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooper_drz
So....any interest by all of the Marquette locals in an after work "meet-n-greet" this week?

Maybe Thursday evening (June 19)?

Location to be determined.
I missed this post because I broke my wrist Wed nigh and had surgery Thurs night. Just now getting back online.

No this was NOT a motorcycle accident. Bicycle.

Anywho I'm out for the season. I might start commuting again in a month or so...
Old 03-27-2009, 06:29 AM   #141
Yooper_Bob OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,666
Well....'da snow is finally starting to melt, so time to bring this thread back to the top.

Any new Yoopers that haven't checked in yet?
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #142
ddn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Born in the Yoop (Norway) and work in Quinnesec but currently live in Aurora, WI (found a place that was just too good to pass up, even tho it was in WI).

Waiting for it to warm up and dry up some. Off to look at shiny things today....

ddn screwed with this post 03-28-2009 at 07:07 AM
ddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #143
justrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Talking Relocated Troll

I grew up in the north woods spent alot of time on bikes and sleds around the UP from the Sault to Fayette to Copper Harbor. I used to ride the trails around Brimley up Mission pt hill on my ATK 605
justrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #144
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,210
Of interest to UP riders. Another 26+ miles of single track.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=423792&page=3
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #145
Bud Tugly
Gnarly old curmudgeon

Oddometer: 233
Natural-born Yooper checking in. Driving a wheelchair these days but still love reading about bikes. I rode most of the trails in the central part of the UP in my day.

Anybody remember Zambon's motorcycle shop on Washington Street in Marquette? One of my favorite hangouts way back when since I used to ride a Bultaco in local enduroes.

The wheelchair came about from a neck infection and not a motorcycle accident BTW. I still use it to get out and cruise the trails, though.
Bud Tugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #146
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,604
Just checked out this thread and great stuff. I use to live in Iron River moved to Colorado in 79, all my relatives live in the U.P..I'm planning on a trip with the bike in the future. I flew back last year and it hit me hard, felt good to be back. The first place I'm headed to is a cafe outside of Baraga in the backroads called (The Mill) I think? See ya on the trails.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #147
Askel
Perma-n00b

Oddometer: 10,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti1
Just checked out this thread and great stuff. I use to live in Iron River moved to Colorado in 79, all my relatives live in the U.P..I'm planning on a trip with the bike in the future. I flew back last year and it hit me hard, felt good to be back. The first place I'm headed to is a cafe outside of Baraga in the backroads called (The Mill) I think? See ya on the trails.

The Feedmill Cafe in downtown Tapiola?

Right around the corner from my house, they have the world's best blueberry pancakes.
Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #148
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel
The Feedmill Cafe in downtown Tapiola?

Right around the corner from my house, they have the world's best blueberry pancakes.
That's it! I had the best roast beef sandwich ever there and desert. I love that place.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:58 AM   #149
BigHerm
What Would Merle Do

Oddometer: 625
upcoming trip

not a yooper, but my bro in law and I are riding through June 10th - about the 12th. We leave Chicago on the 10th, riding around the lake. We hope to cross into Canada and see Lake Superior, then back over the bridge and down the western side of MI. Any must see's or info we need trecking through the UP?
BigHerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #150
SZRimaging
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Hey all. New to the forum, and thought this thread looked like the best to introduce myself.

Alright, I am not from the UP, but I went to school in Marquette and used to go up every few weekends until my friends graduated. I currently live in the Boyne City/Petoskey area. And if all goes right, I'll be riding a solo tour up to Copper Harbor in September.

I've only been riding a year, and never on dirt (except my driveway and a 1 mile stretch once), so some of the things I see on here just blow my mind. I ride a Kawasaki Versys, so yeah, it is more of an on-road experience type of bike. The bike isn't completely set up yet as I have been deciding what needs to go on there, and then finding the money to get it.

And I do have to say, this site is very inspiring, and thank you to everyone who has posted up some of the awesome ride reports I have been reading.
SZRimaging is offline   Reply With Quote