ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #1651
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBike4
Anybody want to ride DS Fri or Sat, possibly the TWVT from Camp Creek WV headed east?

Chip? Turkeyman?

I still haven't made it home. I had to do some work in PA, but I scored a camper while I was there. Thanks for the tip Beemer Bob, I would have surely looked them over if this deal would have fell through.

I hope you guys have a safe, and enjoyable ride today.

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:33 AM   #1652
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
I friends with Jimmy Renner from Arvilla. I know a couple Gorrells form there also. Jimmy's had a few KTMs and I've got a couple LC4s myself. Good to have ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes
Hey Mike- I'm from Arvilla, I think ya grew up around my ol' man (Roger). Either how, my dad , brother and I are all getting into the dual-sports. I just got a 98 KTM RXC 620 in fine condition, so look for us around. My brother is mounted on a KTM 640 Adventure and dad's still lookin for the perfect ride. I know I've seen ya out sugar creek a time or two because I remember the triumph tiger! Well happy trails!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0C...MDc4YTA0&hl=en

That's a link of my machine. I tried forever to reformat my pics so they would go on the forum but they were either too large a file, then too many pixles and then a file error so I give up and will just use the friggin link!
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #1653
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,558
Mike, the 620 is a blast. The thing I love about it over the adventure is I love to trail ride on single track and my bike can do it just like a dirtbike...a heavy dirtbike....but the Adventure is better on the road by far. I think it's an 04 model that Joe has. I'm sure he'd let you ride it if you're interested in one and want to get a little saddle time. He's done laid it over twice so he's got the scratches outta his system LOL! I'm pretty sure Dad's going to end up with an adventure. He really likes joe's bike.
Is the mileage on your KLR with out a rebuild?! that's alota miles for a big ol one slug machine!
Gabby, where are you from? I don't ride with the renners, but I know them. We got some good riding out this way :)
bholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #1654
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
We got some good riding out this way :)

What the Morris family does not have gated, Reader to Lima to Glenville.

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #1655
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Wow you even flag your trails!! Most of my trails are atv trails so they are narrow double track. I have a few good trails around mom and dad's farm, but they are all eventual dead-enders. I need to do some work once school lets out and throw a few connectors in and I would have a nice 2-3mi loop. What kinda tire do you run on your KLR? It looks like ya do some mud. I wasn't impressed with my bro's Twinduro tire despite hearing only good things about them from the forums. But then again maybe it was his bike. Mine will climb like a billy goat kicked in the nads and it has a less agressive bridgestone TW42 on the back of mine, but the weight distribution is far superior on my machine, his front end is pretty heavy and I think that causes his to spin out like crazy.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:20 AM   #1656
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Wow you even flag your trails!! Most of my trails are atv trails so they are narrow double track. I have a few good trails around mom and dad's farm, but they are all eventual dead-enders. I need to do some work once school lets out and throw a few connectors in and I would have a nice 2-3mi loop. What kinda tire do you run on your KLR? It looks like ya do some mud. I wasn't impressed with my bro's Twinduro tire despite hearing only good things about them from the forums. But then again maybe it was his bike. Mine will climb like a billy goat kicked in the nads and it has a less agressive bridgestone TW42 on the back of mine, but the weight distribution is far superior on my machine, his front end is pretty heavy and I think that causes his to spin out like crazy.
TKC80's (Twinduro's) are decent dry tires when dealing with loose gravel, but when things get muddy they aren't worth much.

Hello, WV!!

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #1657
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
Hey Mike whats the chance of you coming to Laural Fork for a day this year missed you at Neanderthaw
BuffWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #1658
Hap
KTM rider

Oddometer: 8
WV Dualsport Check in...another new guy

Hello all. I am a new rider to ADV. I am over in Slaty Fork. Been riding street for a time and recently got a DS bike. Looking to join up with fellow riders, put some miles in and drink some beer at the end of the ride. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

-Hap
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #1659
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Well then here is your chance
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543632
Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #1660
Hap
KTM rider

Oddometer: 8
Yup. Saw that one. Thanks Buff.
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #1661
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Its a blast this yr should be the biggest I have seen
Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #1662
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Hap, good to have ya. I'm over in slaty fork area (marlinton/watoga/cranberry) atleast 1 or 2 times a yr. My bro and I are wanting to take our bikes this year, we aught to plan a ride once I figure out when my fam is goin over that way. You have some GREAT fire roads near by. I used to mountain bike all over slatyfork and tea creek.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #1663
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

I grew up in Parkersburg but my family is from Ritchie Co. My grandad still has the family farm on 16 just inside Ritchie.

I usually run the tires that I take off my enduro bike. Most of the time they are Michelin S12s. They work pretty good in the mud but wear out fast on the road.

I went a raced the Chillicothe Enduro Riders enduro today. i didn't do to well, but the trails were awesome and it was good to get back in the woods. I'm soooo friggin glad spring is here...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #1664
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

True that, i'm glad to see spring!! I was lookin at the dunlop D606's, they are SUPPOSED to wear well, but I'm not sure I see too many nobbies workin well on the pavement for wear and handeling LOL. I just need to get another set of rims to keep at dad's and use straight nobbies out there.
Does chillacothe have an entire enduro series or just a few races?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 AM   #1665
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

The series is called the Appalachian Championship Enduro Series, or ACES for short.

http://www.aces-races.com

The clubs got together a few years ago and basically took over from the AMA Dist 11. You still have to be an AMA member. This year there are 9 races. (8 remaining) Good times

Also there are several dual-sport events in Ohio and one in Parkersburg