ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 AM   #1666
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger
TKC80's (Twinduro's) are decent dry tires when dealing with loose gravel, but when things get muddy they aren't worth much.

Hello, WV!!
Howdy Byron !

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #1667
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,601
Wow Gabby, good stuff. I think I would love to do enduro, not sure I'm man enough to do it on my RXC though!!! The RXC wouldn't be toooo bad, but it's a hefty bike. What's the one around pburg?
TheInfamousDrBholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #1668
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOhillbilly
Howdy Byron !
'Sup! How's dem bones?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #1669
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,223
Anyone else get caught in the hail storm today. I just had my work cloths on and no riding gear. We had hail the size of shooter marbles
BuffWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #1670
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

No, that sounds terrible! Riding in rain hurts enough with out proper gear, hail would leave marks i bet!! We didn't have any hail in charleston or parkersburg either one.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 AM   #1671
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Doug Blackwell did a dual-sport out of Mineralwells last year. I think he's still planning on doing one this year. I'll have to check on the date. Word of advise... The RXC would not be the bike of choice for just about any enduro, let alone a mudy one. Enduros rock though. Best trail riding around
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #1672
Hap
KTM rider

Oddometer: 8
Thanks for the welcome

Buff36, pomo and bholmes, Thanks for the welcome! I just made contact with Hburg and posted on the LF campout thread. Looking forward to being there on Saturday for the ride. In the meantime, If anyone needs help with something, broken down, need flywheel puller etc. PM me and I will give you our phone number. We have truck and trailer with MC tools and will help anyway we can.

Ride on!

-Hap
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #1673
Hap
KTM rider

Oddometer: 8
D606

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes
I was lookin at the dunlop D606's, they are SUPPOSED to wear well, but I'm not sure I see too many nobbies workin well on the pavement for wear and handeling
I just put this tire on the back of the SXC. They seem pretty good (with the right pressure) in dirt. I have not in deep mud yet. on the pavement they are wearing at a pretty good clip - but that bike does tear down rubber quick.
I think they are good for a DOT tire. It was an expensive tire for me, so I am looking at other makers. Mitas might be the next ones I try.
-Hap
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #1674
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger
'Sup! How's dem bones?
There healing up as good as can be expected. Thinking of getting the screws out of the plates cause they are sticking out and rubbing when I were my boots. Other than that all is well. How bout you?

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #1675
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

I threw on....errr pryed, sweated and cussed on my knobbies today. It's sweet having traction action though! My RXC is like a lil billy goat! Especially after riding my Old 500cc MXer (it's a rut digger). I took out out for a nice brisk night ride (second stream crossing out sugar creek and back if you're reading mike) and then hit a few trails on my dad's farm to check out it's trail worthyness with knobbies. I am really impressed with this bike off road i have to say! I did two descent hill climbs and it just walks up them! It does need some gear reduction off road though..... So has anyone else got any riding goin on this weekend? It's a lil brisk, but nice! If i remeber I may try to get some pics tomorrow for ya'll.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #1676
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOhillbilly
There healing up as good as can be expected. Thinking of getting the screws out of the plates cause they are sticking out and rubbing when I were my boots. Other than that all is well. How bout you?
"I'm walking tall, I'm looking good."

Can't wait to grind some WV mud into my grill!

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #1677
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Finally got a chance to take out the KLX. I found out a few things it knows how to swim and if you go fast enough you can hydroplane across small bodys of water. I had the wise idea to go riding up the tail waters of the dam today and out of no where a 5 ft drop off. The bike was totally under water but never stalled came out the otherside soaked to the bone but WHAT A BLAST..
BuffWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #1678
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Mike, I put on a set of pirelli scorpion MX or something like that....straight up knobbies. It was an extra set that came with the bike when we bought it, so I figured i'd put them on for now since about all I do with it is off road and jeep trail right now. I hope to get an extra set of wheels whenever I get some cash....hmmmm motivation to do my taxes has just hit me....

I thought about swinging by the race out there tomorrow, but I doubt i'll get it done, I have quite a few things my bro wants me to do on his adventure tomorrow. I did get some riding done with my dad and my son out the holler though. My lil boy (age 3) loves to ride with us, he rides with dad on his four wheeler when he gets tired of the bike LOL.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #1679
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,982
Buff, you still coming north soon?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #1680
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer