ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #781
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Nice pics Mike. Looks like the ride home was a little interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff36
I'm so jealus. Thats looked like a blast. Got to go out for a while yesterday just about went down a few times some of the rodes were still frozen. If I knew how to post pics I would
Buff, here is a link that will help you in your quest to post pics. I personally use option 2.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #782
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,225
Bingo figured it out

BuffWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #783
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,754
Quote:
I'm so jealus. Thats looked like a blast. Got to go out for a while yesterday just about went down a few times some of the rodes were still frozen. If I knew how to post pics I would
First get a pic hosting site if you don't have one. Smugmug works really well. With Smugmug, you can just copy and paste a photo right in.

But no matter who you have as a hosting site, you can use the little yellow icon with the mountain to insert a photo link.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #784
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Can someone give me some input on dunlop 606 tires. I just got mine
good tire overall. Loud. People will turn their heads and look for the monster truck rolling down the street. Better grip than you would expect on pavement. I got about 3k+ out of my set. Front cupped pretty bad, rear squared off just like every other knobby will. They have a stiff sidewall, I liked them at lower pressures than the factory recommended
on and off road. They felt very squirrely to me on gravel with pressures in the mid/upper 20's. I'm on TKC's right now for a couple reasons: 1 I wanted to try something different, 2 The noise really wore on me after a while, even with earplugs, 3. I'd heard good things about the TKC's. Not enough riding time to make a good comparison yet. They are quieter, and do rail on pavement though.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #785
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

I cant wait to give them a try. Ported and polished the cyl head, Klx needle jet kit, pipe work etc. It woke the KLR up big time. I am planning on running a 14 tooth front sproket the next trip up to laural. It cant come soon enough. I am hoping to jet over to KLRmikes spring fling this year to.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #786
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Whats your zip code so I can plan my route of travel, I can get lost in a tunnel except when I am in the woods
Old 02-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #787
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Found a route all backroads. Or go way out of the way and use 79 north to 50. I think I will stay on the back roads. 2hr ride
Old 02-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #788
face_plant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
since i am looking forward to riding with yaall hoops this year. i got a question

when you pack camp where do you put all your gear, i am at a major disadvantage since i have a wr450. i can do local camps but my only major gear holder is a frame pack that weighs about 65 pounds (winter gear) and is a huge parachute on the highway.
if someone has a way to make a rear rack i would love to see it.
i cant wait to ride with someone who actually likes to dual sport, all my buds got plates so they can ride their dirtbikes on the street from point A to B. so i spend alot of time on solo rides
face_plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #789
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by face_plant
since i am looking forward to riding with yaall hoops this year. i got a question

when you pack camp where do you put all your gear, i am at a major disadvantage since i have a wr450. i can do local camps but my only major gear holder is a frame pack that weighs about 65 pounds (winter gear) and is a huge parachute on the highway.
i cant wait to ride with someone who actually likes to dual sport, all my buds got plates so they can ride their dirtbikes on the street from point A to B. so i spend alot of time on solo rides

Found some of these options online. May help you out.

http://www.dbzproducts.com/

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog...hp/cPath/24_81

http://cycleracks.com/

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #790
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,138
Dirtbagz, as mentioned by WFO, are fantastic. I have a set of Rangers that get switched between two bikes. They come off fairly easy, and pack small if you want to leave them on empty. Tough as nails. Two thumbs up!

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #791
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Look at the KLR in the pic 1008 the rear rack is off of a honda 4 wheeler just cut down
Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #792
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,499
Quote:

I bought a very nicely made and inexpensive ($90 shipped) rack for my KLX250 off E-Bay. The seller is: sr8dirt

He has no website, but if you do an E-Bay search for that user name several auctions will come up. This one is for a 400 / 426, but I think it may work for the 450 - since they all have no undertail subframe (I think).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...1%7C240%3A1318

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #793
face_plant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
um i think i love you

SWEET, i was gonna fab one but that looks cleaner than my idea
face_plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #794
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

That looks like a nice setup as for any camping gear check out campmor.com I have been lookin for a one man tent and so far they have the best price, but them again I have seen some canada riders with some nice single wheel trailers for the klr
Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #795
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,499
Quote:
SWEET, i was gonna fab one but that looks cleaner than my idea
I'd shoot the seller a message first just to be sure it will work. If not, I bet he can make one.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote