ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #91
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
I was wondering about something and thought maybe someone on here could help me out. I am headed to the mountains to do a little trout fishing on the Upper Shavers this weekend. Unfortuntally not taking the KLR. IS THIS A SIN?

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #92
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrmike
Yes and no. Going trout fishing is good Not taking the klr bad

The problem I have is when I take the klr trout fishing,no fishin gets done ,only ridin.
I see that as young grasshopper, I still have lots to learn. Maybe one day I will be wise to the ways of mature men and be able to master both riding and fishing.

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #93
RugerM77
New to Riding

Oddometer: 2
Newbie Rider

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and riding in general. I bought my first motorcycle in October, a 2008 Kawasaki KLR650. I had only ridden a motorcycle two times before I bought the KLR650. I had always wanted to buy a motorcycle and my best friend Ryan (WFOhillbilly) let me ride his dad's and those two rides pushed me over the edge. It was common sense to buy a dual sport since you can't get dirty and go off road on a street bike.
As I said, I haven't been riding for long but I think it is a blast. I have a lot of fun but I realize I also have a lot to learn. I look forward to more riding and getting to know more people on this forum.
Here are some of the pictures of my KLR650. I just recently put on the Ruger sticker (I am a big fan of Ruger firearms - hence the screen name) and replaced the stock tires with TKC80's. I also added the ADV sticker. The reason the bike is so clean because I gave it a good washing before and during the tire replacement. My mom also taught me to take care of my toys.

I am a mechanical engineer and I try to do all of my maintenance on my motorcycle myself so here are a few pictures when I replaced my tires.

Thanks for listening and I hope I can learn something from all of you.
Jeffrey (RugerM77)
RugerM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 AM   #94
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Bout' time you start posting lol I really like that sticker there. Pretty kick ass. Now all your bike needs is a little dirt on it and you be good to go.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:47 AM   #95
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOhillbilly
I was wondering about something and thought maybe someone on here could help me out. I am headed to the mountains to do a little trout fishing on the Upper Shavers this weekend. Unfortuntally not taking the KLR. IS THIS A SIN?
Only if you don't succeed in stretching some fish lips

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:24 AM   #96
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerM77
Thanks for listening and I hope I can learn something from all of you.
Jeffrey (RugerM77)

I don't know about your riding skills, but your posting skills seem fine. I expect to see ride reports out of you.

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #97
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeslack
Only if you don't succeed in stretching some fish lips

Old 04-19-2008, 05:25 AM   #98
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,745
Quote:
Entertain us poor bastages stuck at work
Start here ==> #381 and read forward. I found it pretty entertaining.

See you Friday morning.

Dave

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #99
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Made it back from the mountains Saturday. Had a good time, found some cool looking roads to ride and places to camp. Wish I would have taken my KLR though . Fishing was outta this world. In approx. 9hrs. time I caught 45 nice Rainbow Trout. Anywhere in size from 14" to 20". GOOOOD EATING!

Old 04-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #100
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,745
Quote:
Got an early start on the weekend today.Gettin bikes ready for the Spring Fling

John came out today and changed shoes on his ole nag

Went for a short ride and played on a gas line right away and up a holler in a creek.Sorry,no pics.Was to busy trying to stay vertical
Great looking tire, John. That should help keep you upright!

Dave

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #101
Nightster
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Cry

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the complement on the new tires. Master mechanic Mike did a hell of a job while I assisted. You know I had the same theory on them helping to keep me upright, but that was proven wrong up the holler in the creek . To bad Mike didn't have his camera, because I sat the the water with my leg pinned under the new tire long enough for Mike to get some really good pictures. See you Friday.

John
Nightster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:33 AM   #102
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the complement on the new tires. Master mechanic Mike did a hell of a job while I assisted. You know I had the same theory on them helping to keep me upright, but that was proven wrong up the holler in the creek . To bad Mike didn't have his camera, because I sat the the water with my leg pinned under the new tire long enough for Mike to get some really good pictures. See you Friday.

John
Hopefully it wasn't your bad leg

Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 AM   #103
Garry
Old and In The Way

Oddometer: 1,180
I'll check-in even though I live an hour over the border in the Pittsburgh suburbs. I plan on spending a lot more time in northern WV on my DRZ this season...
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #104
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry
I'll check-in even though I live an hour over the border in the Pittsburgh suburbs. I plan on spending a lot more time in northern WV on my DRZ this season...
You and Ruger m77 may be close to one another.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #105
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Not really much of a ride report, just rode to work today. I did however finally get both of my mermite cases mounted up. They aren't done yet but they are funtional. Still need to work on the lids and mount some new carry handles. Probably knock out some dents sometime although I'll probably end up adding more so that's not a real priority. I'll try to get some pictures later.