ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
charlie42 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Motorcycle accessories in/near Atlanta

Hello sensation seekers. I am attending the Horizons Unlimited meeting in North Carolina. I am traveling from Australia and need to buy a helmet and some riding trousers. Can anyone direct me to a good place in/or/around the Atlanta area. . If you want you can e-thing me at charlie42@dodo.com.au or PM.
Much appreciated
Charlie.
charlie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,675
I will cross post this to the Dualsporters of Georgia thread. It will get more traffic. Maybe list the type of gear you are looking for so you don't get directed to the cruiser emporium.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post24865851

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 733
And a rough idea of price point. Are you looking for KLR type riding gear or BMW?

In Atlanta in the higher end is BMW Ducati of Atlanta in Marietta. Good selection of higher end riding gear and helmets. Near there is a cycle gear that would fill in any blanks and lower end gear if it's throw away riding gear you seek. Mountain motorsports is nearby as well but they don't usually stock a lot of adv type gear or at least in the past they didn't. Ditto for WOW motorcycles. But they are all within 15 miles of each other. :)

Another good option if you head north would be Riders Hill near dahlonega. Good selection and knowledgeable folks but not much else around and depending upon where you are headed might be out of the way.

If you are headed up 85 towards Greenville maybe check foothills powersports they are right off 85 near Greenville.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
soggysandwich
Banned

Oddometer: 204
charlie,,,,,,i assume you are flying in to ATL... you taking a taxi to the nearest motorcycle store,,,,or is someone picking you up?
Mountain Motorsports in Conyers is the nearest motorcycle superstore,,they have everything...riders hill is a hour and a half drive or more,,,[ depending on traffic ] and they have a small selection of stuff

there is this thing called the computer,,i think they have them in OZ... go to the Interweb and GOOGLE "motorcycle gear in Atlanta ,GA"

look at the pretty pictures.....and PHONE numbers too !
soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,035
If you are OK with lower end apparel,,,, there are a couple Cycle Gear location around Atlanta. Their stuff isn't say,,,, Klim or even First Gear quality but it's perfectly usable for the most part. The shop in Dahlonega another poster was referring to I called All Terrian Powersports I think.

Welcome to the area and I hope you have a great time.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote