Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #15001
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low

Oddometer: 2,584
Saturday's Road Ride conflicts with a function (Corp Summer Party) that I signed up for last month. fuk... I was just reminded here at work this morning...
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #15002
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,553
Riggy's Last Ride (not really!!)

Anyone interested in riding Timberlake area with the imfamous Crestview Orange Crush tomorrow morning come on out and say fairwell to Riggy who is gonna chase down Rucked Up somewhere in Europe...

Should be an interesting ride.

There is also the Beast ride starting in Milton around 8AM. Everyone ride safe.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #15003
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
huh?

really???
fbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vico1 View Post
anyone interested in riding timberlake area with the imfamous crestview orange crush tomorrow morning come on out and say fairwell to riggy who is gonna chase down rucked up somewhere in europe...

Should be an interesting ride.

There is also the beast ride starting in milton around 8am. Everyone ride safe.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #15004
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,720
The HOOTERS 2011 Swimsuit Papeant is on Right Now.....On Spike... Ch. 241
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #15005
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,909
2 free tickets to the SERA banquet at hattiesburg ms if you wanna ride hit me up
leavin tomorrow at noon

Hatch screwed with this post 07-23-2011 at 11:00 AM
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #15006
Vico1
The Maestro

Have Fun and bring back a plaque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phædrus View Post
2 free tickets to the SERA banquet at hattiesburg ms if you wanna ride hit me up 7483594
leavin tomorrow at noon
I wish I was going. Tell Ron , Carl, Mike and all the guys in the Masters Class I said hello.

I had some wonderful years racing SERA and I hope you have the same great experiences.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #15007
Dr. Philgood
Living The Dream!!

Oddometer: 396
Great Final Riggy Ride!!

Had a great 50+ miles, fast paced non dusty ride thru Timberlake. Had 6 KTMs and one lone Kawi. Moabman doing great on new bike, and good to see Newdaze out riding again! Where is Art? Gonna miss Riggy on the trail, and already looking forward to his October visit! Be safe on your trip and hurry back. Reed Rules!
Dr. Philgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #15008
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
riggy

as always it was good to ride with riggy, i think next to his family he enjoys riding and gets faster each time we go out.
riggy be safe in bootypest and come home soon.
the rest of you guys, were flat putting it through the woods today, i think that last phil lead section was about as fast as anyone could go with that many riders, nice job dr.
cheers to you all!
fbm
Old 07-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #15009
riggy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
What a ride

Fastburners,

Thanks so much for all the love and great ride today! What an awesome day with a great bunch of friends. I am going to miss u fast burn ninja warriors a ton. That second half of the ride was so much fun and it was funny as hell to watch every one try to keep up with Phil. No way in hell that was gonna happen. So yes FBM was right, we were all moving at breakneck speeds. Take care guys, c ya again soon.
riggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #15010
riggy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebornman View Post
as always it was good to ride with riggy, i think next to his family he enjoys riding and gets faster each time we go out.
riggy be safe in bootypest and come home soon.
the rest of you guys, were flat putting it through the woods today, i think that last phil lead section was about as fast as anyone could go with that many riders, nice job dr.
cheers to you all!
fbm
Couldn't of said any better my self. One thing I will miss on Saturday's besides riding is laughing my ass off because of your awesome stories! Thanks for everything this last year dude. Take care.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #15011
riggy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Philgood View Post
Had a great 50+ miles, fast paced non dusty ride thru Timberlake. Had 6 KTMs and one lone Kawi. Moabman doing great on new bike, and good to see Newdaze out riding again! Where is Art? Gonna miss Riggy on the trail, and already looking forward to his October visit! Be safe on your trip and hurry back. Reed Rules!
You are the man Phil! Unreal burn on last half today bro. Great trails and so much new shit man. Everytime u leas a ride I always think of that one quote from Top Gun......... Where'd he go....where'd who go? U r so damn fast we never c u! B cool man. C ya soon.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #15012
frothingslosh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggy View Post
You are the man Phil! Unreal burn on last half today bro. Great trails and so much new shit man. Everytime u leas a ride I always think of that one quote from Top Gun......... Where'd he go....where'd who go? U r so damn fast we never c u! B cool man. C ya soon.
Was a incredible ride for sure, we will make sure we find some new stuff for you when you return! It was good to see all your fast burn brothers out there sending you off the right way!
frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #15013
Vico1
The Maestro

Fast !

Riggy - Safe Journey

The Dr can fly if he WANTS to. You just gotta get him motovated... otherwise where is he... riding calmly at the rear or in the middle. Glad you all got a change to see him when he "pulls the triger".

When we were racing he would always hang on my wing until I couldn't keep the pace and I would give him the signal and move over.... bam he was outta sight... of course there were also times when I would eventually find him wrapped around a tree. Again you would never know it but Phil won his SERA Helmet in 2007.

Well were are loosing a few with Jaguar/Skidmark and now Riggy moving off, and SteelCity absent, but Newdaze has transportation and can now haul his dual sport to the ride site (funny how that works). I guess that tells you something there about the rides we do....

CHAV was expected to day but missed...

Anyway I left early to catch the boys on the Beasts but got totally rained out. It absolutely POURED on me twice before I got to crestview and I had to pull over (ask you self where ?) buy then I saw the error of my ways and returned to the safety and coolness of pool and food! Still a great day.

BZRider I really wanted to ride BW with you but lit ooks like I will have to wait for your return. Make sure I know when you are going and I will join you...

Another great Saturday and Im out to eat with my lady.........

Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #15014
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,871
Carnage RideTwo?

After flying in late last night and arriving home at 1:30 am, I wasn't sure I'd be up in time to ride with the Timberlake guys or Wayne's road ride.

Amazingly I was awake at 8 am so I decided to catch Wayne's group at Norman Riley Road but after texting we decided I might have a better chance of meeting them at the Chevron in Baker.

One Down:
I got there in time to grab a quick bite before 11 bikes of all kinds showed up Strom's, FR, Zr 650, cruisers, etc. The reason they were late was one of the riders crashed on his cruiser on Norman Riley.

Wayne asked if I wanted to lead the remaining group of 11 since the route they had was the one I do all the time so I agreed.

About 10 miles after Baker, I looked to see the group pulling off 189 just before Sonny Barrow Road. It turned out that Wayne had a flat rear tire! I rode the seven miles up to the store at Wing to pick up two cans of Fix a Flat and returned in a downpour. Once Wayne got to the Wing store it was clear that his tire would not hold air so headed back for Mickeys to wait for his son to bring the truck.

Two Down:

At this point the group pretty much scattered, some heading back with Wayne, some going home and four of us decided to continue the route, rain or shine.

I had myself, Craig and Sharon (two-up),a guy on a cruiser and another rider on an FJR (I think). As we were heading west on hwy 4 in Alabama I saw a couple coon dogs crossing the road, Since I ride this route a lot, I am used to seeing dogs running free (more like walking free) at this little crossroads.

I slowed way down to pass the dog in the weeds and saw the two riders behind me do the same. It wasn't long before I realized we I wasn't seeing the bikes 3 and 4 in my mirror so I turned around to find that Craig and Sharon had hit the dog and crashed! They were fine, the dog was too. Craig's bike sustained some damage to his saddlebag, mirror, fairing and highway peg.

Three and Four Down:

After a short break we headed to McClellan and the Munson Store for a coke and to duck out of the rain for a few minutes. This is where we split up for home.

Just got a text from Wayne:
He said that when his son showed up he rode one of the other guy's bikes down Norman Riley and crashed in a turn. He and the bike are fine but!!!!!!
Five Down:

Four riders hit the ground and one flat today...CARNAGE!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!

Woods Rider screwed with this post 07-23-2011 at 04:40 PM
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #15015
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,098
Carnage,,,,,,,,the dread of the ride organizer.

Thanks for the report Rick.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote