ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #15241
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post
Yeah, it's mine. I have had it for a year or two now and never rode it yet. It's a 2008 TE610E fuel injected Husky. As with a lot of bikes there are the mods that you read about so I decided to wait, watch, listen, mod, then ride it. It has 225 miles in it now as I took it for a ride a few weeks ago and stopped by Barney's on the way home. Nice bike with plenty of power, but probably not the one you were thinking it was.
Dave


You need to ride that bitch hard & put it up wet!

That's too awesome of a bike to have that little mileage on it.
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #15242
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post

(sorry Barney)
Thanks Dave, I'm posting that up on Eharmony asap!
Barney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #15243
jjordanaggie96
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 19
new rider to the area

I bought moabman's 07 WR450F a few weeks back. I've been on two rides now and am crazy about the bike. I spent this past Saturday all over Taledega National Forrest, about 90 miles worth. I'm planning on hooking up with you guys soon. Let me know when the next ride is. Also, I need to go through the Eglin AFB course to be approved to ride over there. Is is possible to do that online, or do i need to come over on a weekday to go through it?

Jeff
jjordanaggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #15244
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,443
You have to watch a film at Jackson Guard. They are open from 7-12am on Saturday.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #15245
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordanaggie96 View Post
I bought moabman's 07 WR450F a few weeks back. I've been on two rides now and am crazy about the bike. I spent this past Saturday all over Taledega National Forrest, about 90 miles worth. I'm planning on hooking up with you guys soon. Let me know when the next ride is. Also, I need to go through the Eglin AFB course to be approved to ride over there. Is is possible to do that online, or do i need to come over on a weekday to go through it?

Jeff
Like Rob said, go to Jackson Guard in Niceville and get a recreation permit or a fishing permit (better) and then you have to watch a film on blowing you leg off... then you get a map and a blue "go riding with the ADV" card....

Boy you got took on the yamaha... its a piece of trash that is about to blow up and wond last anoher 50 miles. Id be happy to help you out and take it off your hands any time you want...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #15246
jjordanaggie96
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 19
yamaha

Ha...Moabman did me right. If possible, this bike is even cleaner than a brand new bike, also had every upgrade i wanted already installed. Since it is so clean, I've challenged myself to see how long i can keep if off the ground. So far, i'm batting 1000 but i'm sure my time is coming.
jjordanaggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #15247
freebornman
pointman
 
freebornman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: where abouts unknown
Oddometer: 1,230
huh?

no problem keeping it clean "no one " ever fallsdown out on the range.
fbm
__________________
Life is a journey,,,So take some trails.
freebornman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #15248
Orange Crushed
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Orange Crushed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 493
Wink No One Falls Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebornman View Post
no problem keeping it clean "no one " ever fallsdown out on the range.
fbm
I'm trying to remember why it was suggested that my handle get changed from Kawadirtrider to Orange Crushed? Couldn't have been anything to do with falling down could it?
__________________
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champions Edition
2002 KLR-250
1988 Kawasaki KE-100
Orange Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #15249
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
No Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crushed View Post
I'm trying to remember why it was suggested that my handle get changed from Kawadirtrider to Orange Crushed? Couldn't have been anything to do with falling down could it?
I seem to remember breaking my camera and my right hand ... but maybe I fell UP and not down...

I FBM NEVER goes down.... Hell he even had multi camera angles of his nonfalls............

But really the point is the bikes dont get dirty when you fall in the sand... so fall all you want.

But is true that there are "No Falls" at Eglin, We don't even have rapids, much less real Falls... gotta go to Cheaha.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #15250
Orange Crushed
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Orange Crushed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 493
No Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I seem to remember breaking my camera and my right hand ... but maybe I fell UP and not down...

I FBM NEVER goes down.... Hell he even had multi camera angles of his nonfalls............

But really the point is the bikes dont get dirty when you fall in the sand... so fall all you want.

But is true that there are "No Falls" at Eglin, We don't even have rapids, much less real Falls... gotta go to Cheaha.
Vic, You've got a good point. I don't think we have enough elevation changes around here to have falls. They usually occur when water runs off a mountain don't they?
__________________
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champions Edition
2002 KLR-250
1988 Kawasaki KE-100
Orange Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #15251
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
See Im not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crushed View Post
Vic, You've got a good point. I don't think we have enough elevation changes around here to have falls. They usually occur when water runs off a mountain don't they?
BTW - need some dirt ridin'. Anyone have plans for this weekend. I want to ride Hutton again when some of the trail is
actually visible. How bout a Blackwater slow ride one day this weekend.....
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms

Vico1 screwed with this post 08-08-2011 at 04:05 PM
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #15252
Moabman
Ironman
 
Moabman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Bluewater Bay, FL
Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
BTW - need some dirt ridin'. Anyone have plans for this weekend. I want to ride Hutton again when some of the trail is
actually visible. How bout a Blackwater s;pw ride one day this weekend.....
Vic, I'm in for a ride this weekend. Where do you meet to ride Blackwater? Is it the lot across the street from Blackwater canoe rentals?

jjordenaggie96, Glad to here you're enjoying the bike. Looking forward to riding with you soon.
__________________
2010 KTM XC-W 530
Moabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #15253
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,000
Laugh Vic's Etrex

OK Vic, got your GPS in the mail awhile ago and the deed is done.

You had 22mb's to work with, so that enabled me to load detailed mapping of northwest Florida all the way past Tallahassee to include the ANF area,,,,,,The entire Talladega National Forest for the Cheaha stuff,,,,,A bunch of south Alabama to include the Conecuh forest all the way to the Gee's Bend Ferry and lastly,,,,the Desoto National forest in Mississippi around Wiggins and Bethel areas.

Here's a screen shot of last years Turkey Trot Tracks (in green)
The closer you zoom-in,,,,,,the more detail you'll see.





I'll put it back in the mail to you tommorow.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #15254
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
Hutton Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabman View Post
Vic, I'm in for a ride this weekend. Where do you meet to ride Blackwater? Is it the lot across the street from Blackwater canoe rentals?

jjordenaggie96, Glad to here you're enjoying the bike. Looking forward to riding with you soon.
Yes that is the place.

Ive had some PMs and other n00bs wanting to ride dirt but not get caught up in fast burn antics... Hutton is the place with tame dirt roads, river bluffs, and some bad ass sand it its open. Last time I was there we hit some awsome "hunter trails". A guy said it was open for "hog".

Others (Mugwest and Inept to the courtesy phone please) may know more about the area.

So Sunday may be better for me, but dont really care.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #15255
Moabman
Ironman
 
Moabman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Bluewater Bay, FL
Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Yes that is the place.

Ive had some PMs and other n00bs wanting to ride dirt but not get caught up in fast burn antics... Hutton is the place with tame dirt roads, river bluffs, and some bad ass sand it its open. Last time I was there we hit some awsome "hunter trails". A guy said it was open for "hog".

Others (Mugwest and Inept to the courtesy phone please) may know more about the area.

So Sunday may be better for me, but dont really care.
I have a friend (New Husaburg) that would like to ride a slower ride than our regular fast burn. Sounds like Blackwater may be just what he's looking for.

On the other hand, I'm always up for a fast burn......
__________________
2010 KTM XC-W 530
Moabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014