Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #20791
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
I am partial to a Weatherby 7mm, with a 4-inch barrel .44 Mag side arm. But ...that's just me...
At first all I saw was "Weatherby 7mm, with a 4-inch barrel."
That would require a wrist AND elbow brace.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #20792
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,553
[QUOTE[*]Jersey/pants combo. Thinking Troy Lee[*]MX style helmet and goggles. Something Shoei for my long oval alien gourd[*]MX boots Alpinestar Tech Series, not sure which. Checking for a boot that is wide. [/LIST]Open to suggestions on the hunting part[/QUOTE]

My two cents:

You might want to consider the type of riding. If you are NOT gonna MX then you may not need all the heavy gear and may want to consider lighter more comfortable (even less expensive grear) for example:

Alpinestar Tech 6 is what I have been wearing for the last 5 years (yep same boot). They are much lighter and easier to walk in the Tech 8 or 10... if you get a chance pick up the two side by side for weight difference. There are many times when I have enjoyed the lighter boot (like walking down to a waterfall or walking out of the woods)...

Pants with pockets are very handy for DS riding and I like the over the boot type since its not so MXy lookin... good for going into country stores without look looking like Mad Max.

Get a VENTED jersey....you can wear long sleeves under it during the three days its gets cold around here.

Full face and as expensive as you can afford. You may hit tree one day....

Good luck!

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #20793
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
[QUOTE[*]Jersey/pants combo. Thinking Troy Lee[*]MX style helmet and goggles. Something Shoei for my long oval alien gourd[*]MX boots Alpinestar Tech Series, not sure which. Checking for a boot that is wide. [/LIST]Open to suggestions on the hunting part
My two cents:

You might want to consider the type of riding. If you are NOT gonna MX then you may not need all the heavy gear and may want to consider lighter more comfortable (even less expensive grear) for example:

Alpinestar Tech 6 is what I have been wearing for the last 5 years (yep same boot). They are much lighter and easier to walk in the Tech 8 or 10... if you get a chance pick up the two side by side for weight difference. There are many times when I have enjoyed the lighter boot (like walking down to a waterfall or walking out of the woods)...

Pants with pockets are very handy for DS riding and I like the over the boot type since its not so MXy lookin... good for going into country stores without look looking like Mad Max.

Get a VENTED jersey....you can wear long sleeves under it during the three days its gets cold around here.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I think the finest gear for these parts is Moose Sahara! The jerseys and pants are fully VENTED and will keep you cool. The pants are MX style though.

I,concour with Vic about the helmet. I've been wearing Arai Windham's for the past five or six years. Best $500 spent.

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #20794
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
info.

?

freebornman screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 05:32 PM
freebornman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #20795
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebornman View Post
attention!
i know some of you already know everything , so fou those just ignore this post.
i rode up hwy 87 took a right at holly hill then proceeded north on the normal trail at the "y" where we would normally bear left to "mystery crater" the range patrol has put up a "orange cable" it's small and hard to see because it's on a blind curve. i saw it at the last minute and had to lay my bike down , i can tell you all that the 6"x6" post the cable is mounted to does not move.
i think i may have popped my shoulder out of socket?
anyway i rode around that area and all trails are closed with the same orange cable and 6"x6" post. i went 87 north to the crater area and dozers and graders are all over , there is no more mystery crater! it's gone/filled in.
i spoke to a guy on the grader and was told that the 7th army group has taken that whole east side of hwy.87 and will be closed to all from now on!
that is all
fbm
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #20796
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Quote:
.......Alpinestar Tech 6
Looking hard. Can only find Youth sizes so far, need size 13 at least. Also like what the A-star Scout looks like comfort wise from reviews
Quote:

Pants with pockets are very handy for DS riding........
Any suggestions on what pocketed pants work over knee braces like MX style do? I'm bent on using knee braces even for trail riding. I do stupid things, and my knees are unfairly victimized
Quote:
Get a VENTED jersey
Check!! Good one
Quote:
Looking at Shoei which has more room front to back than many Arai's
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #20797
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Hope you're shoulder mends

Quote:
......the range patrol has put up a "orange cable" it's small and hard to see because it's on a blind curve. i saw it at the last minute and had to lay my bike down......i think i may have popped my shoulder out of socket?.....
Hope you are OK. Don't know the area or circumstances but thanks for the heads-up. They ought to hang small flags from those cables.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #20798
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,529
Tech 3 is the best bang for buck boot that you can buy.

FBM, you need to make an appointment with Dr. Phil. They are taking a lot of sand away.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #20799
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,774
I like my tech 8's offroad. When I ride street it's CBT's- the tall ones
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #20800
Barney
I reckon so

Oddometer: 851
Quote:
attention!
i know some of you already know everything , so fou those just ignore this post.
i rode up hwy 87 took a right at holly hill then proceeded north on the normal trail at the "y" where we would normally bear left to "mystery crater" the range patrol has put up a "orange cable" it's small and hard to see because it's on a blind curve. i saw it at the last minute and had to lay my bike down , i can tell you all that the 6"x6" post the cable is mounted to does not move.
i think i may have popped my shoulder out of socket?
anyway i rode around that area and all trails are closed with the same orange cable and 6"x6" post. i went 87 north to the crater area and dozers and graders are all over , there is no more mystery crater! it's gone/filled in.
i spoke to a guy on the grader and was told that the 7th army group has taken that whole east side of hwy.87 and will be closed to all from now on!
that is all
fbm
Hope your shoulder isn't serious.

Hate to lose mystery crater.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #20801
Barney
I reckon so

Oddometer: 851
Fun ride today with Brett and new guys Dave and Jeff.

Brett's spankin new 500EXC.

Both Jeff and Dave's bikes were previously owned by PAR's.

Matter of fact, the last time I saw Dave's EXC was at the Turkey Trot just after it had spat it's rider over the bars. We didn't want any trouble today, so we decided it would be best if Dave rode my DR and I would take my trusty old KLR. (There may have been a snafu with the keys also).

We had a mix today of a little dust, little mud and some freshly dampened dirt. Enjoyed it Brett, nice to meet Dave and Jeff.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #20802
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,098
Nice!
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #20803
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 706
Cry Losing territory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIZE=4
r_bin[/SIZE];19232806]Crap

Double CRAP!!
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #20804
hooknup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
Fun ride today with Brett and new guys Dave and Jeff.

Brett's spankin new 500EXC.

Both Jeff and Dave's bikes were previously owned by PAR's.

Matter of fact, the last time I saw Dave's EXC was at the Turkey Trot just after it had spat it's rider over the bars. We didn't want any trouble today, so we decided it would be best if Dave rode my DR and I would take my trusty old KLR. (There may have been a snafu with the keys also).

We had a mix today of a little dust, little mud and some freshly dampened dirt. Enjoyed it Brett, nice to meet Dave and Jeff.
Brett, I feel like I'm talking to my self but I'm not.. Great time for me and newbz talked about it all the way home. New bike rocks. I foresee many more miles to come. Thanks for taken care of our mishap.. Ya know when ever brett comes to town there's gonna be a cluster. Let's do it again soon.

09 530 exc - great bike SOLD

1969 Honda Ct-70 (Late night yard basher)
hooknup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #20805
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,098
Tag-O-Rama back in our area

To those interested,,,, the South Alabama/Northwest Florida Tag-O-Rama has made its way back to our area.

We can have a bit of fun with it if yawwl want to until Sallad snags it and takes it back to the Wiregrass territory again.

Easy to play. Just show up with your bike at the tag location. Snap a picture, take the peanut device. Decide quickly where you want the next tag to be and place/post location on the last page of this site:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435531
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote