User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #20971
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 446
Neck

I use PODS which I think are great. By the way, with all the talk about boots, braces, guards etc. in my humble opinion the Leatt neck brace is every bit as important, if not more so, than boots or braces. I finally bit the bullet in '10 and at Hillbilly Hills that year I had a BIG getoff and the first thing that touched the ground was my face If not for the Leatt my head would have far exceeded the angle (backwards) my neck was designed for. I have NO DOUBT there would be no riding with you guys now if not for the Leatt
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #20972
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround

Oddometer: 622
Skid if I had the money for 500 -1000 knee protection I would ride one of those urnge bikes everyone is so crazy about.
So the search is on until then I just have to try to do the slow burn thing. How much could a new knee cost anyway Hell I have two.
SingleTrackJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #20973
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
huh?

?]

freebornman screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 06:27 PM
freebornman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #20974
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebornman View Post
thanks for asking . it's sore as hell and its much better, i rode today for the first time since the crash and it feels better than sitting at home
take care
fbm

You crashed again?
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #20975
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 3,042
etingelefunts, you have just contributed a months worth of helpful info in just a couple posts!

lots of good news on here, homecomings from abroad, homecomings back to riding, and atgatt discussions

as far as knee protection, I use these - they have saved by knees countless times, are cheap, stay put, comfortable, etc.
you put on your socks, kneepads, pants, then boots. may not provide 500 bones worth of joint protection, but they sure as hell protect your knees in getoffs.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #20976
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround

Non MC BS just pumping up the post count

After trimming trails for 5 hours this morning I came home and trimmed trees and made this mess

Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #20977
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
etingelefunts, you have just contributed a months worth of helpful info in just a couple posts!

lots of good news on here, homecomings from abroad, homecomings back to riding, and atgatt discussions

as far as knee protection, I use these - they have saved by knees countless times, are cheap, stay put, comfortable, etc.
you put on your socks, kneepads, pants, then boots. may not provide 500 bones worth of joint protection, but they sure as hell protect your knees in getoffs.

That is what I am talking about a price that would make a KLR rider proud
Old 08-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #20978
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
As most of you know, my son has been deployed since March and was expected home later this month. Today, while eating lunch, and celebrating my father in law's 77th birthday, my boy walked into the kitchen, catching all of us off guard and creating quite a stir. We had no idea he was coming home early. In fact, he landed at Hurlburt at 0900 today and came straight here to surprise us. I had just cooked hamburgers and Conecuh Sausage on the grill, so after hugs and tears all around, he sat down to a burger, pasta salad and sweet tea.

It's a good day at my house!!
It is a good day !

You are a blessed,man Frank!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #20979
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
It is a good day !

You are a blessed,man Frank!

You are SO right Rick. He said I almost dropped my plate when I saw him round the corner and come into the kitchen. It was difficult but I let my wife get her hugs in first. Once I got my arms around him, I didn't really want to let go.

Once we all settled down, he had a hamburger, some pasta salad and some sweet tea. He was smiling like a fool and saying how glad he was to be back home.

I just got a call from him a few minutes ago. He and his wife made it back to Navarre. He has to check in tomorrow and then gets a couple of weeks off.

Life is GREAT!

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #20980
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,904
Quote:
You are SO right Rick. He said I almost dropped my plate when I saw him round the corner and come into the kitchen. It was difficult but I let my wife get her hugs in first. Once I got my arms around him, I didn't really want to let go.

Once we all settled down, he had a hamburger, some pasta salad and some sweet tea. He was smiling like a fool and saying how glad he was to be back home.

I just got a call from him a few minutes ago. He and his wife made it back to Navarre. He has to check in tomorrow and then gets a couple of weeks off.

Life is GREAT!
Yes indeed!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #20981
ineptizoid
I'm scared hold me

Oddometer: 5,389
Quote:

Life is GREAT!
Glad to hear your son made it home safe, Frank!

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #20982
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
....in my humble opinion the Leatt neck brace is every bit as important, if not more so, than boots or braces. I finally bit the bullet in '10 and at Hillbilly Hills that year I had a BIG getoff and the first thing that touched the ground was my face If not for the Leatt my head would have far exceeded the angle (backwards) my neck was designed for. I have NO DOUBT there would be no riding with you guys now if not for the Leatt
Attention active duty or Retired Military!!;
Leatt Products may qualify for a discount if you buy direct.
I don't know if it is proper to say just how much in open forum, but keep it real... if you are the end user, and can provide proof of active duty (possibly even retired members) ,
They'll do you right!

etingelefunts screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 10:41 PM
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #20983
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 2,035
Quote:
It's a good day at my house!!
Indeed. Most of us who hate the war still love the soldier and its not just a good day at your house, it's a good day at all of our houses when our young folks return home. Thanks to him for his service and thanks to you for enduring the anxiety of having your son in harm's way for what must seem like a very long time.

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #20984
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,982
Thanks Hal.

I have some serious misgivings about our involvement in that part of the world. I oppose the war but support the warriors, who unfortunately are often simply used as pawns and implements of policy, without regard to the policy's wisdom or long term effect.

My son, like so many other sons and daughters, did what a good soldier does. He followed orders and did his job. For that I am thankful and proud.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #20985
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,241
Well said Fellas.

Our best and brightest put in harms way.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote