Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #21016
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 812
Just found out the WR250R likes deep damp sand. Literally learning how to ride all over again, noticing wrist less and less, velocity is starting to be sought not avoided, still verrrrry slow, but having fun finally.
Can't wait 'til Friday Vico1.
Are you riding or not???? Your post was confusing regarding not riding, but hitting the dirt or something to that effect.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #21017
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,203
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
the real chuckleheadery is yous guys effin up our meet and greet ride planning PAR thread with this BS. take it to another thread please. Its not like there isnt 5 other threads purpose built for this kinda of asshattery/cockholstery. that is all.

Well I'll be damned.
SOMEBODY else is finally showing some balls and calling for a stop to the bullshit in PAR.

The talking in code speak, the bullshit thats already in at least 5 other bullshit threads.
Taking, taking,taking from this thread and not giving anything back other than crap.

I'm tired of it too.
Thanks Jerry.
I'm hoping your serious.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #21018
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,975
Sorry if my post about my son coming home early started all this. That wasn't the intent.

I'll cease and desist.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #21019
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,823
No way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
Sorry if my post about my son coming home early started all this. That wasn't the intent.

I'll cease and desist.
AST - your post about your son coming home was just fine. We all appreciated you sharing it with us.

But the post does drift from time to time to NON-RIDING issues. Sex, religion, politics are all "firestarters"... and we do have other threads where you can vent your "pee leak' (one of my personal favorites) or just Chuckle you head off with whatever...

I think the thread has always been about Bikes, Riding and the PEOPLE we know and love.

I love to hear about a homecoming or a birth of a grandson, a good day at the shooting range and yes even the not so joyous passings and illness that beset us all... kept that part going... its what binds us together...

Now, about riding this Friday....................................

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #21020
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,203
Well said!

Wish I had friday off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
AST - your post about your son coming home was just fine. We all appreciated you sharing it with us.

But the post does drift from time to time to NON-RIDING issues. Sex, religion, politics are all "firestarters"... and we do have other threads where you can vent your "pee leak' (one of my personal favorites) or just Chuckle you head off with whatever...

I think the thread has always been about Bikes, Riding and the PEOPLE we know and love.

I love to hear about a homecoming or a birth of a grandson, a good day at the shooting range and yes even the not so joyous passings and illness that beset us all... kept that part going... its what binds us together...

Now, about riding this Friday....................................
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #21021
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
.....post about my son coming home early......
Falls under Hatch's "meet and greet" clause. The best of them actually.
Where I went to and how I got home after my Combat Action, Meritorious Service, and Navy Commendation awards did not matter when or where the return was acknowledged, what mattered is that someone, anyone, any time acknowledging it was life affirming as much for them, as myself, if not more so on their behalf, to be proud of their monumental bond with the return of whom they sorely missed.
Shout it out loud. We'll pass it on.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #21022
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Well, I am starting my practice for a trip to alaska next summer- i have a LONG way to go. I would be interested in perhaps joining some noobs on an adv type ride through blackwater or wherever to get my bearings in the dirt. Been riding street basically since I had a drivers license..

Im running a DR650; I have to get the sump and case gaurds on and do the NSU fix, so it will prolly not be this saturday but the next..

Id rather not ride with vets for now- I would be far too slow for a vet to have fun. Anyone interested?
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #21023
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 887
And now, a word from our sponsors...

Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #21024
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,823
Welcome to the group

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Well, I am starting my practice for a trip to alaska next summer- i have a LONG way to go. I would be interested in perhaps joining some noobs on an adv type ride through blackwater or wherever to get my bearings in the dirt. Been riding street basically since I had a drivers license..

Im running a DR650; I have to get the sump and case gaurds on and do the NSU fix, so it will prolly not be this saturday but the next..

Id rather not ride with vets for now- I would be far too slow for a vet to have fun. Anyone interested?
Just keep checking in and you will be able to hook up. We have lots of n00bs join up lately so you should be able to find someone to ride with.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #21025
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I looked on a map and can't find Rain Hell, Florida. What is that near?

I ride a DR as well and would love to get together w/ you and ride some. I've been wanting to get to Blackwater myself and do some looking around.....

I"m in Evergreen, AL, an hour or so north of P'cola....

I don't like sand.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #21026
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Quote:
I looked on a map and can't find Rain Hell, Florida. What is that near?

I ride a DR as well and would love to get together w/ you and ride some. I've been wanting to get to Blackwater myself and do some looking around.....

I"m in Evergreen, AL, an hour or so north of P'cola....

Rain Hell *IS* Pensacola Florida.

Id definitely be down the saturday after this next one, but you sure dont look like a noob to me.. Im as green a dirt rider as exists on this forum, so please consider that before you make the trek from alabama. I plan to be face planting frequently
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #21027
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Rain Hell *IS* Pensacola Florida.

Id definitely be down the saturday after this next one, but you sure dont look like a noob to me.. Im as green a dirt rider as exists on this forum, so please consider that before you make the trek from alabama. I plan to be face planting frequently

Don't be fooled by a high post count. I'm a B class street rider and a B- dirt rider on a good day w/ a good bike. On my DR, I"m a big wuss. On the positive side of the ledger, I look spiffy and can converse on wide range of topics when we stop to catch our breath. Plus my DR is running pretty street biased tires.

The Saturday after next, the 18th and then the 25th, I'll be out of town, but we'll get together sometime. If nothing else, we can meet between P'cola and here, maybe around Flomaton and work some of the dirt roads in that area. Lots of room to explore down there.

I don't like sand.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #21028
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Falls under Hatch's "meet and greet" clause. The best of them actually.
Shout it out loud. We'll pass it on.

PAR (and probably all of ADV) is a huge supporter of our armed forces and homecomings are pretty much the tits! I fully support anything that brings our valued troops home from not so valued conflicts.

glad you guys support me in that this is the place for planning rides, discussing rides, family time stuff from the good (homecomings) to the bad (robin, hows the SO?)

but things do understandably tend to wander, and when those conversations start to take on their own life, you just bring it to another thread. think of it as askin "do ya wanna step outside?"
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #21029
newdaze1
Street Prophet

Oddometer: 92
Eek Don't Call A Press Conference

Quote:
I agree. A warrior that doesn't respect his opponent is not worthy of the title.
Wow - Point Taken ! I hope if I come riding this weekend with yall I won't get my ass handed to me by a dog-piling mob of ADV Riders - At least AST236 will probably be the last guy in line - I have met him and would not want to tangle with him....
Ducati 1198
Katooom 350 SX-F
newdaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #21030
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmee View Post
I'm in
You posted!