Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #21841
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwoman View Post
Alright I FINALLY upload ALLLLLL my Vintage Festival photos....click on below link. I did NOT get a chance to scan through them and pick out the good, the bad, the so so, etc. If you don't like your picture....tough just kidding, just pm and I will remove it. Now I have to get back to my homework so I can play tomorrow. Have a good evening

http://photobucket.com/VintageFest2012

password: vintagefest
Great pics!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #21842
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwoman View Post
Alright I FINALLY upload ALLLLLL my Vintage Festival photos....click on below link. I did NOT get a chance to scan through them and pick out the good, the bad, the so so, etc. If you don't like your picture....tough just kidding, just pm and I will remove it. Now I have to get back to my homework so I can play tomorrow. Have a good evening

http://photobucket.com/VintageFest2012

password: vintagefest
Yea Great pictures, for some reason a lot of mine did not come out. and nice to finely meet you.
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #21843
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Rotorhead and I rode about 75 miles of the Long Loop today. Weather was ultra fantastic. We just loped along and had fun, explored a lot of dead ends, ate lunch on the Bay, and hit a log....both of us on the same one!... we had fun...

The long loop will give riders a real good taste of Eglin... you get it all with this ride. Deep sand (of course) but also lots of clay roads and easy jeep roads. There are some sections that may be "non- big bike Friendly". There are always bypasses.

Madhouse...
I enjoyed your ride last year and Im really sorry I cant make it this year. I;m sure everyone will have a blast. I know from experience a good ride starts and ends with a good ride leader...and you are one of the best!!!

I am OUT for tomorrow. Sorry Skid and others...
Hay Vico I was looking to see if there was going to be a last ride this year, and watched a youtube vid. and saw you standing there.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #21844
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Hay Vico I was looking to see if there was going to be a last ride this year, and watched a youtube vid. and saw you standing there.
Im good at that. They must have recognized my talent and captured it on film.

Well are they having a "Last Ride" this year? This time I am going to eat there no matter how long the line is...

BTW Apperson want to buy one of your tents???

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #21845
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,138

ONLY ,,,,

Kevin mentioned they ought to have put a air hose between her legs and let out a giant blast of bubbles once in a while.

Mike, Pam and Kevin at the cross country section.

Old wrinkly grey haired people,,,,,,,,,,,,racing cross country! :

Mike, Pam and Kevin again,

Pensacola BMW was there with their display to get the word out that a new dealer is in the south.

To quote Forrestrider " Looks like Obama is downsizing the military with that one"

Bottom floor of the museum is rarely open to the public, but today is our lucky day. These machines can make parts that aren't available anymore to get the old machines back to spec.

They had them all spinning up making stuff.
Melvin and I watched as it selected its cutting tools and made stuff out of aluminum. As each phase was completed, the machine would change tools in the blink of the eye. No kidding. I missed one tool change while blinking.

One of the machines made this in about 2 minutes out of a fair size block of aluminum. Fluid and chips were flying like a explosion during the whole 2 minutes.

Courtney's got one of these Yamaha's. Very unusual front end.

Electric motorcycles are just starting to catch on thanks to battery technology.

Another funny from Kevin. You'd have to have been there to get the full effect, but it went something like this.
We spotted a scooter just like this outside near the Wall of Death thing:

and I believe we were making fun of how stupid it looked. A fella nearby must have owned it and started telling us what a great motorcycle it was and all. They had just gotten through riding it all around the parking lot and it made it just fine (to their amazement?)

I think I heard Kevin mumble "no shit" and we walked away to watch the battle of the twins racing on the track.
After a few minutes, we walked in front of a photo shoot they were doing of that bike and got yelled at for getting in the way.
We were starting to get pissed at that stupid motorcycle now.

MORE LATER!

Madhouse screwed with this post 10-20-2012 at 04:18 AM
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #21846
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,670
Awesome Stuff

Next year for sure!

I see you got a good pic of a restored SACHs. I had a 100 and 125 and loved em. Won lots of trophies with the leading link.

I was never in a financial position to keep an old bike. Boy wish I did.

Thanks guys for all the postings and a "ride" back in time...

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #21847
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Vic,,,,you will enjoy hearing those old two strokes as they "jump on the pipe" building rpm and throw the dirt.
If you go, please let me tag along with you so I can hear your comments on those old marques.

I was able to pick-up bits and pieces from the owners and those standing around admiring the bikes. Financially, I was barely able to keep a piece of junk running back then. Could only look at others on those elite bikes with envy until I was able to buy one for myself.

THATS when I was treated to a lesson that scared (spelling??? skared-wounded-pissed-not riding anymore cause the parts are on order--lied to--f*%k me,,,you get it) me to this day.

Didn't take long to understand that a "Six Day" machine meant that you worked/spent money on it for six days and maybe rode it on the 7th day.

I took this video and its pretty much typical to all that I recorded.

Those old codgers are still smooth, fluid and fast through the woods!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #21848
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

There was 2 of them electric bikes riding around, passed not 2 feet away, No sound just a slight whisper, Its Creepy.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #21849
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Forrestrider camping stuff

Picked-up one of Forrestriders Coleman 4 season 1 man Exponent tents.
Very satisfied.
Everythings there. He included a ground pad.
Looks brand new to me.

Also bought a jet boil thing.
Fired right up and Diann showed me how to cook bacon, eggs and toast with it this morning.

Lookin forward to next weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Amy one need a Tent, I got some New Real Backpacking 3 season tents for sale.
These are good ADV size tents small and light weight packing, will stand up in a storm

Coleman Exponent is the Good line of gear from Coleman not the wal-mart crap.

2-Exponent Tyl-X2 tent - 2 man , about the size of a loaf of bread maybe a little bit bigger. around 3- 4 lb.
sells at store $199.99 me $125.00

1-Exponent Dakota-1 tent - 1 man, packs up little smaller than a loaf of bread around 21/2 lb.
sells at store 179.99 - me $100.00
you can google for pic also
got pic on my Iphone pm me your # and can send a short vid of them up.

May have a few larger tents and some camp stoves but got to see what I got.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #21850
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 725
Cool2 ride this morning...

Rode the ATV trail at the south end of the west side of Broxson Landing and some of the nearby fireroads this morning...made about 6 or 7 loops til I hit something in the trail that wrenched my bad wrist--even with those new-fangled Boyeson flex grips on the Hoosie . Saw a horse trailer nearby but never saw any fillies--lucky for them...

Still feels too firm to me in the front, not compliant enough on the small rootish hits. Backed compression out to 0, minimal improvement. I'm gonna ride it and putz with it a few more rides--if no significant improvement I gonna switch to featherweight springs...
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #21851
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 432
Hey Skid, did Bob re-valve for you or just springs? If he re-valved bring them back and tell him what you're feeling and he'll adjust them for you. He's worked mine three times now. My rear is perfect and my front is so very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Rode the ATV trail at the south end of the west side of Broxson Landing and some of the nearby fireroads this morning...made about 6 or 7 loops til I hit something in the trail that wrenched my bad wrist--even with those new-fangled Boyeson flex grips on the Hoosie . Saw a horse trailer nearby but never saw any fillies--lucky for them...

Still feels too firm to me in the front, not compliant enough on the small rootish hits. Backed compression out to 0, minimal improvement. I'm gonna ride it and putz with it a few more rides--if no significant improvement I gonna switch to featherweight springs...
'89 Honda Transalp XL600V (Coming in Sep)
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #21852
Barney
I reckon so

Oddometer: 877
Just finished my first service on the orange bike, valves checked/adjusted, changed the oil and two filters and cleaned the screens, thats a lot of work for a KLR rider.

Thanks all for the Barber pics. Did Motus show up again this year?

Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #21853
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
Just finished my first service on the orange bike, valves checked/adjusted, changed the oil and two filters and cleaned the screens, thats a lot of work for a KLR rider.

Thanks all for the Barber pics. Did Motus show up again this year?

Motus was there. I stopped by their tent and looked around as usual.

The bikes are cool, but over $30K for a base model? Too rich for my blood.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #21854
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Last post today I PROMISE

Sorry to hog this place lately, but wanted to share with you all the video's I just uploaded to Youtube about Barbers Vintage Event.
This one has some of the cross country,,,,the CNC machine shop in the museum basement making something,,,and a little of Mr. Barber watching the airshow from the museum.

Maybe there won't be any commercials:

Old 10-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #21855
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 725
Eek front forks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
Hey Skid, did Bob re-valve for you or just springs? If he re-valved bring them back and tell him what you're feeling and he'll adjust them for you. He's worked mine three times now. My rear is perfect and my front is so very close.

Nope, just springs. I talked to Bob today -- I am probably gonna end up going with the lighter springs. Talked to several dirt rider that were around also, including a local "A" rider who is about my size riding a 250 two-stroke and he went to 38's. I will try 40's...
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote