ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 AM   #4336
Solace
Studly Adventurer
 
Solace's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: CMH, OH
Oddometer: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Since the man is the tag, if I can get him to meet me at a different location to take his picture, would that still count as the tag?

Because I have a ton of experience in getting strange men to meet me at remote locations for photo sessions.
Dude, you can tag the building if no one is home. So why are you so intent on focusing on ... oh, never mind. Must be a Mt. Gilead thing ...

Heh.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #4337
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 13,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Dude, you can tag the building if no one is home. So why are you so intent on focusing on ... oh, never mind. Must be a Mt. Gilead thing ...

Heh.
Meef's a people person.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #4338
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,646
This is a swingset tag for me. I could go to that building any time and get a pic in front of the building, but out of principle (and because The Man is one of the best guys around) I refuse to get the tag unless the pic is with The Man himself.

Haven't been able to yet, just bad timing...
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #4339
Kurt_W
Guzzi nOOb
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mtta
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
This is a swingset tag for me. I could go to that building any time and get a pic in front of the building, but out of principle (and because The Man is one of the best guys around) I refuse to get the tag unless the pic is with The Man himself.

Haven't been able to yet, just bad timing...
Excuses! It's probably not going to rain that much today
Kurt_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #4340
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_W
Excuses! It's probably not going to rain that much today
The rain I can live with, the rest of my errands that I've been running however are what is making it more difficult. I've had ones that require more hauling capacity than the bike can provide, so I've had to cage it to work the last few days.

If it's such an easy tag to get, why haven't you gone after it..

Wassa matta? afraid to get that purdy Moto Guzzi wet?
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #4341
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 13,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
Wassa matta? afraid to get that purdy Moto Guzzi wet?
Nothing like some tag trash talk.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #4342
Kurt_W
Guzzi nOOb
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mtta
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
If it's such an easy tag to get, why haven't you gone after it..

Wassa matta? afraid to get that purdy Moto Guzzi wet?
Cause I'm dreadfully lazy and I would hate melt in the rain (cause I'm so sweet! )

Besides, we know its Italian, it doesn't particularly like hot weather so who knows what revenge it would exact on me if I ran it in the rain!
Kurt_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #4343
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_W
Cause I'm dreadfully lazy and I would hate melt in the rain (cause I'm so sweet! )

Besides, we know its Italian, it doesn't particularly like hot weather so who knows what revenge it would exact on me if I ran it in the rain!
Sweet... yeah, sweet.

Well, since it's italian and red if you ride it in the rain it won't run right again until you have it serviced, change the oil, wash and wax it and do a valve adjustment while whispering sweet nothings into it's exhaust. In exactly that order.
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #4344
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
S

Well, since it's italian and red if you ride it in the rain it won't run right again until you have it serviced, change the oil, wash and wax it and do a valve adjustment while whispering sweet nothings into it's exhaust. In exactly that order.
It'll run fine, just slip 100 Euros under the seat, and don't expect it to smile or like it.

This works on bikes, women, and taxi cabs in Italy. Try it.
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #4345
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,094
Bump from pg. 2

:shock
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 AM   #4346
lorazepam
Two fisted burger
 
lorazepam's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ashland County, Oh
Oddometer: 8,169
Is Holt's still the tag?
__________________
"In the end, I just want to break even."
R. Manuel
lorazepam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #4347
dragoon OP
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 23,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorazepam
Is Holt's still the tag?
Yes. Must have been too much Blue Moon or Sam Adams or rain last night for the rag tag bunch from Mt Gilead.
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #4348
Sparkster
Live seriously.
 
Sparkster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Home sweet home.
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon
Yes. Must have been too much Blue Moon or Sam Adams or rain last night for the rag tag bunch from Mt Gilead.
Yeah the rain was pretty sick. I ended up getting Meefzah to take me home in his cage b/c it was so much worse than when I rode down there. So now I need a ride back to my bike...
__________________
www.HeroHolsters.com
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #4349
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,646
Laugh Tag, YFF's!

Hey guys...















WAKE UP!
It's tag time!












__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #4350
Sparkster
Live seriously.
 
Sparkster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Home sweet home.
Oddometer: 1,240
__________________
www.HeroHolsters.com
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014